TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

Its amazing my 2 Os starters are winning games for me lol and turning into my best 2 pitchers.

Guthrie is awesome.

Sucks bedard is hurt but it seems like its not as serious as Tejada, just a tweaked hamstring.

Let the fire sale begin.

I said about a month ago I was going to start trading people away at the beginning of July, well now is the beginning of July. My team just can't compete with the fact that everyone that I drafted to be my 4 starting pitchers has been on the DL. So everyone must go, I'm starting the rebuilding process for next year now. I've got some quality pieces on my team that definitely can help a couple of teams get better and get in to the playoff hunt or help keep a team in the playoff tier.

Like I said, everyone on my team is up for grabs so I'm just going to list my entire team.

C Johnny Estrada - for a catcher nice run and rbi numbers

1b Todd Helton - typical Helton numbers with his always high obp

2b/3b/OF Chone Figgins - Has been on fire the past month. 20 runs 15 rbi 13 sb .467 obp .536 slg

3b Edwin Encarnacion - prospect

3b Kevin Kouzmanoff - prospect, slightly lower numbers than Encarnacion

SS Michael Young - solid runs and rbi numbers

SS Cristian Guzman - was on fire with runs before getting sent to the dl

OF Juan Pierre - 2nd in the league in stolen bases

OF Gary Matthews Jr - the steroids are helping him get stats in runs, hrs, rbi, and sb

OF Hideki Matsui - solid runs and rbi numbers

OF Jonny Gomes - good hr totals since being recalled from the minors

OF Felix Pie - prospect player, should get good sb numbers when the cubs find a constant spot in the outfield for him

SP Chad Gaudin - Good numbers for a guy I expected to be my 5th starter this year, 2.92 ERA for the season

SP Micah Owings - Prospect, nuff said. I wasn't expecting to have to have him in my lineup this season

SP Jeff Weaver - Has been on fire the past month with a 1.65 ERA and a 1.07 Whip

SP Jake Westbrook - Has been very solid since returning from the DL with a 2.57 ERA and a 1.00 Whip

SP AJ Burnett - Solid numbers early on. Now on the DL until the beginning of August

SP Chris Carpenter - DL currently on rehab assignment, reports say he should be back by the end of July

SP Jorge Sosa - Good numbers for the Mets until he recently went on the DL

RP Todd Jones - Saves, has been solid all year

RP Al Reyes - Saves, has been good all season, just recently went on the dl

RP Octavio Dotel - Saves, he's been great the past month

That should be everyone. I'm mainly after good prospects for next season. Collectively my team doesn't work well together but I know there are some pieces that can help someone else out. I have no problem trading 2 guys for the 1 guy I'm after or even 3 guys for the 1 guy I'm after in certain situations if the stats require it. If you want to package some crap you want off your team along with the 1 guy I'm after I'll be fine with that.

I might offer some intial trades to a few teams for a guy that I'm really after. I'm not sure what stats you are looking for or positions you need improvement at so for the love of god hit the counter offer button and let me know.

I'll take the Ultimate Utility Man in Chone Figgins and Al Reyes I'll offer anyone on my team but I really want to get rid Adam LaRoach, Bobby Abreau, Craig Monroe.

Im not doing as good this week as the last couple but hopefully I can stay in the top 5 and maybe even move up a bit.

I dont want to trade Braun or Hart. 1 or the other will be one of my keepers since both have pop and speed..leaning towards Braun since hes at 3rd.

My tentative keepers are 1B Chris Duncan, Closer Joe Nathan,3B Ryan Braun or OF Corey Hart and Ps Erik Bedard or Jeremy Guthrie.

Oh, and iF a football league gets going this week while Im gone, make sure to save me a spot...thanks.

What I hate more is that, along with the weekly change rule, I'm subject to basically being forced to start 5 SP in order to know that I can reach the minimum inning rule while leaving a RP stud in Broxton on my bench.

Having 4 SP basically means needing at least 5.0 IP from each. Two bad outings (Say 4.0 IP) ala Sabbathia and El Duque leaves me with needing 20 IP between my 3 MR and other 2 SP not to mention the hit in ERA.

From my MR I'd get 8.1 IP and my other 2 SP = 12.2. That comes out to 21.1 IP and that's assuming my MR's don't get shelled and can go 2-3 IP each that week.

Also the lack of a deep bench kinda sucks too :P

I also despise protesting trades but...

5 guys all ranked at 170 or better including 2 in the Top 90 for Prince Fielder?

The most I could deal with would be a Helton/Young/Matsui (25 HR, 157 RBI) for Fielder and even that's a tad on the too much side but not one I'd outright reject.

The trade seems fine with me. Fielder is a bonafide keeper. That reminds me when I traded Scott Rolen, Adrian Beltre, Mark Loretta, and Brian Giles for A-Rod.

Have no fear, Commissioner is here. Ok, 5 people have protested this trade, which is a red flag for me. Anybody else that has a problem with it, please come forward with it and let me know why. Also, I'd ask the 2 managers to please state their case of why I should allow a 5 for 1 trade to go through like this. Usually I just rubber stamp trades but this one caught my eye too.

Ok. This will be long and this will state every reason why I would trade 5 quality batters for 1 23-year old All-Star that is putting up NL MVP numbers in his 2nd season and has a keeper draft value of round 6. I'm probably going to restate some points a few times but just hear me out.

First off, ten players are involved in the trade, not just 6 like everyone assumes. Four of them are not really of any interest to me so Verne is just dropping them to quicken the process.

My team is in 18th. His team is in 16th. I don't see why this is an issue. It's not like this trade is from an 18th place to the 1st or 2nd place team for a less talented player. Prince Fielder is a legit superstar already that is having an incredible year. It's not even like he's having a so-so year. At his current rate he has to be considered an NL MVP candidate.

My team is buried. I've had to deal with too many injuries the first month of the season in batting and every starting pitcher I drafted has either been dropped, sent to the minors, or has been injured the entire season. There's no way a team can recover from that.

I'm trying to trade away hitting talent for a solid value keeper for next year. I clearly stated around the 4th of July that I was doing this. I offered similar trades to at least 10 teams and they all were rejected, because no one wanted to make any major moves. Everyone called the proposals interesting but they didn't want to gamble and make a major move.

I only had 2 people actually offer me anything that I can remember and they were an under-producing outfielder that would have been a 5th string outfielder that wasn't better than anything I currently have. Each counter-offer was for Chone Figgins.

I did not intend on keeping any of the guys I traded because their draft value was way to high. And the only guys I'd be interested in drafting again next year in a later round would be Pierre and Figgins because of the stolen base factor.

Prince Fielder is a keeper. He's young and has tons of upside. He's putting up NL MVP numbers this year. I offered Verne upgrades at the batting positions he had some weaknesses at, and at the stat categories he had weaknesses at. Verne has a solid pitching staff and his team just needed an upgrade at some of the batting positions.

The stats so far this season for the guys I traded vs. Fielder.

Runs 233, 26 HRs, RBIs 208 , SBs 68 vs. Runs 63, HRs 30, RBIs 71, SBs obviously 0.

If you add Bartlett along with Fielder it puts the runs up around 100, HRs basically the same, RBIs around 100 and roughly 20 steals. Which I don't think is a bad deal for a keeper.

You have to also consider in the trade. Prince Fielder is a keeper. If you're just comparing stats, yeah the trade isn't remotely even. I'm making the trade for future production out of Prince Fielder. I offered some pretty one sided trades to some teams for guys with a lot less experience and talent then Fielder. I offered some pretty nice deals for Ryan Braun and Hunter Pence but both managers weren't budging because of the added factor that those players are going to be keepers and they'd need a lot more to make the deal go down. So I think because Fielder is a great keeper prospect with good draft value for the production that he will output it adds an extra value to him. That is why the price is so steep for a manager to actually make a trade involving a young player putting up NL MVP type numbers that was drafted in the 6th round.

Who cares if it's a 5 for 1. Verne could have thrown in the other 4 guys instead of dropping them. It makes no difference those guys were not what I was after in the deal, all I wanted was Fielder. I would have dropped every single one of those guys except maybe the SS from Minnesota. I'd only keep Bartlett just because of the hole I'd have at SS after the trade. Would it have made people feel better if instead of Verne straight out dropping the four players traded them to me so I could drop them in a week? Yeah the stats would have compared a lot better because I'd get 2 starting pitcher prospects in Youman and DiNardo, who is having a solid rookie campaign, along with a backup catcher and a guy that I would use at SS. More than likely I would have shopped Bartlett because someone could probably use the SBs he gets.

Fielder is having a better season than Albert Pujols, Derek Lee, Justin Morneau, David Ortiz, and Ryan Howard. The only 1B eligible player ranked higher than Fielder is Sheffield because of his 16 stolen bases. Fielder is a more economical draft keeper. Would the owner of Pujols trade him for Helton, Matsui, and Young? I highly doubt it. Alex Rodriguez is having a comparable season to Prince. A-Rod has 20 more runs than fielder, 1 more HR, and 10 more RBIs. Would the league think this would be a terrible trade for A-Rod?

I'm sure Verne has his own reasons for making the trade. I'd assume he's trying to have a more competitive team and get the most talent while a guy like Fielder has a really high value and can demand that high of a trade.

Plain in simple I'm the team giving up 5 guys for 1. I think it's a fair trade. I think it's a good deal for my team next season. My team's HR totals this season will already be much improved just by acquiring Fielder.

The defense rests.

When I first saw the trade, I wondered why Prince Fielder (who carries a 6th round price into next season) was getting traded for 5 "guys". I didn't think anyone would argue against it the other way. Sure plenty of steals are picked up, but that seems like a hefty price for them.

Count me in with those who don't see the big deal with the trade. If I could dump off a bunch of players I didn't have any intention to keep for Prince Fielder, I'd do the deal, too.

And, for the record, Robinson Cano & Bill Hall are on my team's trading block.

I was just looking at my team from last year. :(

It would be even better this year.

Mauer, Utley, Rios, Swisher, Youkillis,Cuddyer, Haren, Gorzelanny, Penny, Young, Putz, K-Rod, Oswalt.

Are we going to go to 8 keepers? I know it was said we'd wait for a vote till after the season, but does anyone not want to go to 8 keepers?

We were going to do it like 2 years ago but then the rosters got lost and we started over. It would add some continuity to the league, since it's a keeper, and you always have the option of keeping less than 8. Teams would get options throughout the year to rebuild with young players if your team sucks, and allow you to keep all of them.

I like the 4, maybe bump to 5 max. 8 is almost half the team which is a little much, plus a draft where the top 160 players are already accounted for would be pretty lame. Part of the strategy should be making decisions, not just letting everybody keep everyone.