TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

The OAO ECW Thread for 1/16/07

Yeah, I totally believe that Kevin Thorne is winning the Royal Rumble.

Why the fuck did they just waste 30 seconds on that?

I cant wait for the HBK/Kevin Thorn confrontation.

HBK waves a cross at him and he runs away or HBK with the Holy Water..

I still maintain somebody needs to throw sunflower seeds on the mat to distract Thorn.

"What'd you have to go and do that, for? You're in big trouble."

My picks for last 3 guys in the Rumble were MVP, Sandman, and Striker. I guess I have to add Thorn in there too now.

So the most over guy in ECW gets pinned and all we hear are the crickets in the background.

I heard a pop for DA POUNCE give the Alpha Male a title shot!

In the mind of Vince McMahon RVD is not over at all

If his employees are going to be doing drugs Mr. McMahon prefers them to use needles not smoke up...

Unless he resigns I would guess this is the last we will see of RVD in the main event of ECW. It is too bad that the match will suck and there will be no heat, because the slow progressing build to Lashley - Test has been good.

Is the Holly - Punk program over now? Holly was only mentioned in passing in the beginning of the match and they made it sound like there is no ongoing issue. Given what we have learned in the past week it kind of makes everyone "who did not get the feud" seem a bit smarter than pundits claimed.

Is Monty Brown the replacement for Khali in Wrestlemania?

They cannot possibly still be thinking of having One Night Stand (ha) 3 in NYC. I could see those fans organizing a walkout and leaving halfway through the event.

So the most over guy in ECW gets pinned and all we hear are the crickets in the background.

He needs to sell as many t-shirts as DX to get a title shot, t-shirt selling rules the wrestling business.

He needs to sell as many t-shirts as DX to get a title shot, t-shirt selling rules the wrestling business.

Then how did Yokozuna get a title shot

Wait a minute what kind of merchandise does Lashley and Test sell? And I bet the Smackdown concession tables can get away with selling $5 RVD big thumbs and $20 Whole F'N Show or Pepsi "I'm Better Than You" t-shirts.

They cannot possibly still be thinking of having One Night Stand (ha) 3 in NYC. I could see those fans organizing a walkout and leaving halfway through the event.

If they do, it'll be the most entertaining PPV of the year.

Well, at least they finally stopped sending mixed signals tonight and just jobbed RVD. I know the reasoning behind it, I understand it, but it still blows. The sad aspect is that even in burial there were some brilliant moments from him tonight, such as doing the Rolling Thunder on both men, and also working in the famed spot from 2001 (where he had the choice of frog splashing either Austin or Angle...and chose Austin), this time nailing Test.

I really hope they do have another ONS PPV in NYC. Man, oh man that will be a vicious crowd. I will buy that PPV for the crowd alone. What's sad is that they will probably do some awesome RVD/Punk match on the show with RVD putting Punk over as a big deal before leaving.

This show tonight? Bleh. Punk/Striker was a good match but why on earth does Punk need 15 mins. and a Kelly distraction to beat Matt Striker? That's the sort of guy he should go through in about 5 mins. And Monty Brown now being Marquis Cor Von? What the fuck is that? And Styles and Taz not having a clue who the guy was, or his athletic background in pro football, or what The Pounce is? How retarded do they think viewers are?

what the fuck did WWE do to Monty Brown? Why change his name? Why is his finisher a combo of different things? It should just be the pounce and thats it. The crowd popped nicely for it. What the fuck is up with his music? His music doesn't match his gimmick or his personna at all. FUCKING WHY?

Man was Lashley's pacing off tonight and he looked horrible the entire match. He just looked like he shouldn't be there. The match wasn't bad, but it could have been a lot better if Lashley was more on the ball. I understand the ending, it takes RVD out of the title picture for now and will set up Lashley vs Test at the Rumble.

I'm still thinking it'll be Test vs RVD at WM for the ECW title.

WWE succeeded in debuting Monty Brown in the most UNSPECTACULAR way possible, by having a match against a jobber. WOWii!

CM Punk vs. Striker...another good match between the two. I'd like to see what they can do against each other on a PPV, in front of a crowd that appreciates work in the ring.

Ariel/Shelly Martinez is hot. I really liked the different makeup scheme she had, the less is more approach...

The Main Event. Well I knew RVD was jobbing, but it was kind of a job through the heart, because he jobbed clean and at the hands of Lashley, without any help from Test. It wasn't even one of those swerve endings that usually end Triple Threat Matches. RVD, after entertaining the crowd like usual, went out like a job squad member. Right now, it looks like Test vs. Lashley for the Rumble, and I can only hope for RVD to take on the winner(Test) at Wrestlemania, but knowing Vince, he will push Monty Brown too soon and give him the title amd RVD will be sent packing, or just re-up his contract as WWECW jobber.

Lashley didnt even use his crappy finisher he used a running powerslam. You know the one where the guy doesnt actually run he jus takes 2steps.

and he was so winded he took so long in setting it up it made Rob look weak by not kicking out of that with all that time he had. I wouldve had Test win the chamber it'd make it more watchable having Rob and Lashley chase him instead of pretending Lashley is a big deal when he's not. He lost a feud to Tatanka last I remember.

Lashley didnt even use his crappy finisher he used a running powerslam. You know the one where the guy doesnt actually run he jus takes 2steps.

and he was so winded he took so long in setting it up it made Rob look weak by not kicking out of that with all that time he had. I wouldve had Test win the chamber it'd make it more watchable having Rob and Lashley chase him instead of pretending Lashley is a big deal when he's not. He lost a feud to Tatanka last I remember.

I could have swore that the running powerslam is actually one of the Lashley's finishers. I think he has 3 altogether, the dominator, the spear, and the running powerslam.

To be fair, he needs all the finishers he can get.

And i think everyone knows my views on Monty Brown, or whatever they want to call him now.

I'll watch this show just to mark out for Cassidey Riley!

I didn't even realize Cassidy Riley was in ECW. Did enjoy the "TNA" chants at the beginning of that match, though.

WTF kind of name is "Marquis Co Van" or whatever, though? Is this just another case where Vince wants to be able to copywrite a name, or what?

Wait a minute what kind of merchandise does Lashley and Test sell? And I bet the Smackdown concession tables can get away with selling $5 RVD big thumbs and $20 Whole F'N Show or Pepsi "I'm Better Than You" t-shirts.

Well I was being sarcastic about the t-shirt selling but there are some people on this board that believe that DX is always pushed to be the main focus on RAW (next to Cena) because they sell a lot of t-shirts.

I didn't even realize Cassidy Riley was in ECW. Did enjoy the "TNA" chants at the beginning of that match, though.

WTF kind of name is "Marquis Co Van" or whatever, though? Is this just another case where Vince wants to be able to copywrite a name, or what?

He's also billed as from "The Animal Kingdom." I wonder if he'll talk, or just roar a lot.

Well, Monty Brown needed some kind of repackaging, but THIS repackaging? I mean why change his name? In TNA I saw some semblance of potential in the guy, but he just needed to tone down his bizarre Warrior type interviews and scrap the whole Serengeti nonsense.

And by the way, according to the latest pwinsider.com audio I heard yesterday they are thinking of Lashley vs. a debuting GENE SNITSKY for WM.

After hearing that, please push Marquis Cor Von!

If I'm RVD I seriously start thinking about feigning a shoulder injury or something. Study your Jericho in WCW, Rob.

He's also billed as from "The Animal Kingdom." I wonder if he'll talk, or just roar a lot.

Ah, he did cut a promo after his match. I actually didn't think he was too bad on the mic, honestly. He was definitely over with the crowd.

Well I was being sarcastic about the t-shirt selling but there are some people on this board that believe that DX is always pushed to be the main focus on RAW (next to Cena) because they sell a lot of t-shirts.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if WWE had a supershow at MSG there would be more giant foam RVD thumbs than green glow sticks in the crowd.

This was from the smackdown spoilers thread

Also during Smackdown the Royal Rumble card includes an ECW title match:

Lashley(champion) vs. Test.

So yeah it's not looking good right now for RVD's future title prospects. Also, if Snitsky is given an ECW title match at WM, I think it might deflate the crowd like we have never seen before at WM.

The ECW champ sounds like my 6 yr old niece.

Kind of reminds me when I first heard Lesnar talk. I guess its appropriate cuz he took Brocks pyro too now

You know WWE they have tomake new names for people so they can trademark them. Unless Tna trademarked Monty Brown? but its his name so they cant right. Im confused. of cours ethe pounce is a setup move, Lashley already uses the spear as a osmetime finisher and its Edges big move. It was weird, like I was watching TNA Impact with Riley there and all. That music was terrible too. but on the brightdside, he didnt have to buy new trunks. Unfortunately Brown, or Cor Von , still cant cut a decent promo, especially since he apparantly cant use the "POUNCCCCCEEE, PERIOD!" line

next week "And you will feel the, ARMBARRRRRRRR. PERIOD"

From PWInsider:

-Monty had a new name because Vince simply wants to own the name and character, so no surprise there. Dave Lagana tried to tell Vince not to change Monty's name. His reasons were common sense, saying that he's a known name, main evented PPVs in the past, and actually played in the Super Bowl in the NFL, and if they changed his name then they wouldn't be able to use that footage to show Monty off. Vince didn't even want to hear any of it, and didn't care at all about any of those reasons. Also, his move will not be called The Pounce anymore either, even though he had Pounce on the back of his tights. The move will be given a new name also.

And just for fun:

montynamewhatpj9.gif