TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

Simon & Garfunkel: A Discussion

Even though they're rarely mentioned nowadays, I've always had a soft spot for Simon & Garfunkel. I was listening to "America" today, and I'd forgotten how great it was. ""Kathy I'm lost" I said, though I knew she was sleeping. I'm empty and aching and I don't know why" is one of my favourite lines of all time.

So, Simon & Garfunkel: soulful troubadors or folksy dross?

I disagree.

Actually, I have got similar music taste to you. I remember you pimping Saul Williams to me a while back.

I understand where banky's coming from with the boring bit, but Simon's voice has always been very powerful IMHO (Garfunkel carries his end too) and that has been enough to carry me through the majority of their songs.

Cecilia is shit though.

Did you end up seeing Saul Williams?

He's going to be doing a spoken word (I think for free) a few hours drive from me on Feb 21. I'll probably have to go see that. Dude's like Allen Ginsberg and Rakim rolled into one.

"Saving my money, dreaming of glory, twitching like a finger on the trigger of a gun...leaving nothing but the dead and dying back in my little town."

Good stuff.

Did you end up seeing Saul Williams?

He's going to be doing a spoken word (I think for free) a few hours drive from me on Feb 21. I'll probably have to go see that. Dude's like Allen Ginsberg and Rakim rolled into one.

Oh hells yeah.

He played a festival here, did a music set one night, spoken word the next day. If you haven't seen him do his poetry, you should really go. I could listen to that guy talk for hours.

They're alright. Lyrics are really fucking tight, even if the music itself is kinda meh. "Sound of Silence" is killer, and I actually prefer the original to Nevermore's cover (though their cover is great).

The Saul Williams show was incredible. My freind & I got to the school early enough to grab front row seats in front of the mic...and Saul didnt use the mic or stage anyway, instead speaking out to the audience from about a foot and a half right in front of us. Really amazing experience.