TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Big Ol' Smitty

MLK Day Party

Outrage Over Texas College MLK Day Party

Event featured Aunt Jemima, gang apparel, fried chicken, malt liquor

JANUARY 25--Students at a Texas college threw a Martin Luther King Jr. Day party that featured attendees wearing gang apparel and Afro wigs, carrying malt liquor, handguns, and fried chicken, and even one woman dressed as Aunt Jemima. Photos of the January 15 event were discovered on a Facebook.com page by a Tarleton State University sophomore who heads the school's NAACP chapter. A selection of party photos can be found on the following pages. When he discovered the images, Donald Ray Elder told TSG, he sent an e-mail to Tarleton student Jeremy Pelz, on whose Facebook page the photos were placed in a folder titled "MLK." In a reply e-mail, Pelz (seen in the picture at right) told Elder that he would rename the folder in which the photos were placed "so it does not bring any disrespect to Mr. King." Pelz noted that the party was started a few years earlier "because one of best friends is black or African American, whichever you deem politically correct, to be his day not to dishonor him." He added, "So I do apologize if you felt any disrespect because none was intended." School officials have launched an investigation into the party and the university's president, Dennis P. McCabe, has denounced the photos as despicable. In a subsequent post, Pelz--who has yanked the party photos from his Facebook page--stated that the party was not meant to be "racist or discriminating." (18 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...125071mlk1.html

Here's a sampling of photos from the party:

0125071mlk1.jpg

0125071mlk4.jpg

0125071mlk6.jpg

0125071mlk10.jpg

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Not even well executed. I mean, if you're gonna do this, go all out and put some blackface on. They look more like Rachael Ray and Dirk Nowitzki than any remotely black people.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Is that a Dallas Mavericks football jersey? You're supposed to wear a jacket with all 30 NBA logos on it. Dumbass cracker.

Is that a Dallas Mavericks football jersey? You're supposed to wear a jacket with all 30 NBA logos on it. Dumbass cracker.

Furthermore, it's a Dirk Nowitzki jersey!

Newsflash: College kids are idiots. Film at 11.

Yes. Everyone that goes to college is an idiot.

In some ways, yes. Hell, I was much more liberal before getting out in the real world.

That Aunt Jemima's pretty hot.

Plus I got a thing for Rachel Ray. Pic gave me a chuby.

The thing is not something I would organize but I would go if invited. I like malt liquor and I never have a reason to wear my Antonio Gates jersey since I graduated from Kent St. Not nearly as bad Affirmative Action back sales. It just some look at me, I'm going hell, lol stupidity. I just wouldn't post any pics on the facebook b/c I at least have black facebook friends.

This guy screams Czech avatar:

0125071mlk7.jpg

But he's drinking Keystone!

Edit: More emphasis needed.

But he's drinking Keystone!

He just looks like some white hill billy. Get your stereotypes right pepole!

This thing is not something I would organize but I would go if invited. I like my malt liquor and I never have a reason to wear my Antonio Gates jersey since I graduated from Kent St. Not nearly as bad Affirmative Action back sales. It just some look at me, I'm going hell, lol stupidity. I just wouldn't post any pics on the facebook b/c I at least have black facebook friends. Plus the idiots are drinking 40s of Bud. Colt .45 is in almost any convient stores dumbasses. Based on the Dirk Nowitzki jersey, lack of blackface and Pop Eyes, this was just a very poorly concieved party more than anything else.

Rachel Ray's cute until she starts talking.

I would have liked to be in the presence of Ms. Ray when she started calling Angelina Jolie a "skanky backdoor cunt" and said Oprah has "problems being black". I can't stand when girls my age talk shit like that but if it's a woman in her late 30's I can get down with that.

I would have liked to be in the presence of Ms. Ray when she started calling Angelina Jolie a "skanky backdoor cunt" and said Oprah has "problems being black". I can't stand when girls my age talk shit like that but if it's a woman in her late 30's I can get down with that.

When the hell did that happen?

CNN finally picked up the story, and according to them there was one person wearing blackface.

But but the people at the party can't be racist! They have a black friend! They know black people!

Classic racism defense: I know a black person so I can't be racist.