TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

College Basketball 06/07

Those unis are so hideous. What was Nike thinking?

Nike is known for making retarded fuckin uniforms. Check out college football and the uniforms where one arm would be an orange sleeve with an orange long undershirt, and the other arm would be a blue sleeve with a blue undershirt for that arm (I'm using Florida as an example).

Aren't they the ones that also designed those disgusting ORegon checkered unis also?

Guest Queen Leelee

Silly boys just don't understand fashion...

And nice to see my 3 credit alma mater Niagara make the NCAA tourney again. :) Will probably get a 13-14 seed too, since they ended the season with 10 straight wins. Draw SIU, and beat them 44-43.

Where will Gonzaga land? I imagine they'll be pretty close to the Gonzaga 12-seed hustlers of yore, but for different reasons than when they were actually good.

Well Western Kentucky won't be making the tournament after losing to Arkansas State tonight in the Sun Belt semi-finals. They might get a berth in the NIT again but tough loss considering we were the favorite to win the tourney after Southern Alabama lost to Middle Tennessee.

Danville, WKU is one of the most disappointing teams in the country. It sounds like hyperbole, but I really thought they would be a Winthrop or Davidson type team in the Sun Belt this year and waltz into the tourney. They've been perplexing all year, the most disappointing team in KY.

Butler vs. Wright St. tonight in the Horizon final. I wonder if the league office will plead with Butler to tank that game so that the league gets 2 bids.

Its long, and the first few minutes are kinda pointless, but this slideshow pretty much proves how worthless the RPI is as a tool to rank teams. I challenge anyone to watch this video and still seriously contend that someone like ODU should get into the tourney on the basis of their RPI number.

http://www.coltonindex.com/index.html

I'd need to know a lot more about the RPI/strength of ODU's opponents before making that guess. When I think ODU, I think "won at Georgetown early, and then went on a tear and won something like 11 games in a row to end the season in their weak conference." The kind of team I would expect to see somewhere on the 10-12 lines. Fill in the blanks if you have a list of their opponent RPIs, or opponent rankings, or whatever would be a good measure here.

Danville, WKU is one of the most disappointing teams in the country. It sounds like hyperbole, but I really thought they would be a Winthrop or Davidson type team in the Sun Belt this year and waltz into the tourney. They've been perplexing all year, the most disappointing team in KY.

Butler vs. Wright St. tonight in the Horizon final. I wonder if the league office will plead with Butler to tank that game so that the league gets 2 bids.

Yeah that should be a great game and good for the HL if they got two teams, but Butler probably wants revenge since they lost at Nutter back in February. It'll be a great environment though, that February Butler game was the first sellout in the arenas 15 year history for men's basketball.

I anticipate ODU as an 11 seed, as they'll probably be one of the "last four in" and they usually seed accordingly for at-larges. You usually see the final at-larges around 11 & 12 depending on how high the Creighton/Gonzaga/Winthrop go.

I believe ODU's RPI was 37 as of today but I could be wrong. I'll be making a list of possible bubble teams and their specs later tonight.

If it comes down to ODU & Drexel the committee is going to have a tough time selecting. ODU swept Drexel twice, finished ahead of them, but lost to the #6 team in the conference tournament.

Drexel has more quality and road wins, but finished fourth in the conference. They lost to a better team in the tourney, but were essentially eliminated in a lateral move.

I'm hoping Drexel gets in to give the city three NCAA teams this year (Nova, Penn and Drexel), but I understand if ODU gets in over them.

BTW, teke I believe we're playing you in Philly next year for the new Big East-SEC challenge. Supposed to be a doubleheader of Seton Hall-Ole Miss followed by Villanova-LSU in December.

We can now all but hear Billy Packer ranting on how Wright St. cost some lame major conf. team a bid. Most likely it just cost some other mid major bubble team a bid.

You know, I am a student at the University of North Texas...

I wonder if anybody notices that our school is the Tourney.

I'm hoping for a trip to the sweet sixteen as the pinnacle of what we can do. I can't wait to see CBS cameramen and reporters on our streets looking for sappy halftime show material.

Old Dominion's ranked 68th in the Sagarin ratings behind teams such well-performing teams this year as LSU and Wichita State. KenPom has them at 67 and the Colton Index has them at 62. Given that the last at-larges are always 12 seeds, there are about 46 berths open and ODU's not even close to the caliber of a team that should get one, RPI in the 30s or no.

I'm not very familiar with this Wright State.

Wright State tied for the Horizon League Title at 13-3. They didn't lose any conference games at home. Their non-conference schedule was bad and I believe they went 4-6 before league play, 5-6 if you count BracketBusters against Cal-State Fullerton. Much of that was learning Coach Brownell's new offense, this team probably wins 4 of the 6 games they lost out of conference if they played them now. They had the conference player of the year in DaShaun Wood whose somewhere around 35th-40th in the nation in scoring. However, he doesn't shoot too much and makes the whole team better. Their front line will be slightly undersized against good teams, and I anticipate they will be a 13 or 14 seed. They could give teams trouble, especially if teams do not have a quick, long guard who can cover Wood, because he WILL be the fastest player on the floor.

Prognosis: Upset could be likely unless they meet up with a Texas or a Pittsburgh, who have a dominant big man.

Back when I was deciding which college to attend, Wright State was my second choice.

Which "auto-lock" school do you think will bust another bubble? Memphis, Xavier or Nevada?

Back when I was deciding which college to attend, Wright State was my second choice.

Which "auto-lock" school do you think will bust another bubble? Memphis, Xavier or Nevada?

Definitely not Memphis. I'd lean toward Xavier if I had to pick one, although Nevada will probably have a tougher semifinal matchup.

Dallas Morning News -

D.J. Augustin, point guard for the Texas Longhorns, said Monday that he's definitely returning for his sophomore season.

"I need to get better. I need to work on my game," Augustin said. "I need to work on my defense and get stronger and quicker."

Augustin also said that star freshman Kevin Durant has told his teammates that he's coming back.

"But Kevin's a humble guy, so he's probably going to say he's coming back whenever he's asked that question," Augustin said.

Florida State tops Clemson, 67-66, to eliminate Clemson from the NCAA tournament more than likely and keep FSU on life support for at least one more game. I say one more game because NC is going to roll them. I hope they don't but I'm not crossing my fingers there.

Thornton again led all FSU scorers with 25 points, including the game winning free throw. But POY was Jared Dudley even though most had Thornton as the leader. Eh, Dudley's Eagles had a better overall season so I guess it makes sense.

Definitely not Memphis. I'd lean toward Xavier if I had to pick one, although Nevada will probably have a tougher semifinal matchup.

I was thinking X as well since they are probably going to collide with UMASS whom could be a issue. I'm actually skipping my next class to watch MOH/Ohio.

I'd laugh if neither Oden nor Durant came out this year, and Memphis, Boston, and whoever else will have tanked their seasons for nothing.

Probably not happening, though.

It's ridiculous to tank your season anyways. Being the worst team only gives you like a 40% chance of getting one of the top two picks.

I'd laugh if neither Oden nor Durant came out this year, and Memphis, Boston, and whoever else will have tanked their seasons for nothing.

Probably not happening, though.

It's ridiculous to tank your season anyways. Being the worst team only gives you like a 40% chance of getting one of the top two picks.

It'd be a risk to sacrifice a sure fire #1 or #2 pick when you know Mayo will be coming into the draft next year as well as possible other star players. If any, I see Oden hanging around for another year and not Durant but I don't think either will make the choice to stay.

Guest Queen Leelee

Oden has no reason to stay in school.

Besides, we don't go to OSU for academics.

Guest Queen Leelee

Maryland will be a 2-4 seed. This isn't the time we care about teams like that.