TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

Biggest Train Wreck of a Life

if her shit wasn't all covered in sores and scars then I wouldn't worry. My cousin use to get cold sores above his lip all the time as a teen and then it just suddenly stopped.

You missed the point.

I gave it to her. I just did read a website about how HSV-1 (oral herpes) can be spread to the genitals through unprotected oral sex, although the good news is its not as bad as full on HSV-2 (genital herpes).

Wow..if someone had either told me this or if I had been listening 10 years ago.

jesus christ

And how does a virgin have herpes before his first time?

SV Type-1 and Type-2 Herpes Simplex Virus

Herpes Site and Type

There are actually two types of herpes simplex virus, HSV-1 and HSV-2. These are very similar in many ways, and both can cause either oral herpes or genital herpes. They do, however, prefer to live in different areas, and they follow different patterns of reactivation. For this reason, it's useful to find out which type you have, by asking your health care provider to request this information from the lab test that is done to diagnose your herpes.

Genital HSV-2

HSV-2 accounts for about 2/3 of new genital infection, but is responsible for 90-95% of recurrences. About 90% of those who have HSV-2 infection do not know that they are infected (Fleming, 1997).

Genital HSV-1

This infection is often transmitted from the mouth of one person to the genital of another, through giving and receiving oral sex, HSV-1 causes about 1/3 of new genital infections (about 75% of new genital infections in college students), but only recurs about once every other year, after the first year of being infected.

Oral HSV-1

HSV-1 causes the vast majority of oral herpes ("cold sores" or "fever blisters"). About 60% of the US population over the age of 12 is infected with HSV-1 virus. However, only about one third of people who are infected recall ever having any symptoms.

Oral HSV-2

It's rare to find someone who has oral HSV-2, but it can happen. After recovery from a possible first episode, such an infection is of little consequence in most cases, since oral HSV-2 is not likely to reactivate and cause signs or symptoms.

and

Both forms of herpes are spread by direct contact including:

-Sexual contact

-Anal sex

-Oral sex

-Vaginal sex

-Kissing

-Skin-to-skin contact which transmits HSV-1 and HSV-2

Genital herpes:

-Can be transmitted with or without the presence of sores or other symptoms

-Is often transmitted by people who do not realize infection can be passed on even when there are no symptoms

-Is often transmitted by people unaware they are infected

-If a woman with HSV-2 is pregnant, potentially fatal infections in infants can occur.

-A cesarean section delivery is usually carried out if a woman has active genital herpes at the time of giving birth to lessen the chance of passing it on to the infant.

-People infected with herpes may be more susceptible to HIV infection, and HIV-infected individuals may be more infectious.

do some freaking research!

I feel like the absolute scum of the earth right now..

But I mean how could you have it, before you had any sort of sexual contact, even kissing? You put yourself over as some sort of loser who haven't had any luck with women, but all of sudden you have herpes? Ok, this guy is just fictional.

But I mean how could you have it, before you had any sort of sexual contact, even kissing? You put yourself over as some sort of loser who haven't had any luck with women, but all of sudden you have herpes? Ok, this guy is just fictional.

There are types of herpes you can get from piss poor hygiene and other outside factors besides sexually contact although those cases are so rare that Marvin would have to be an episode of HOUSE to have them. Just not genital herpes although if he went digging for treasure then she'll have it down there now.

This is one of those great twists in story history. Soap operas WISH they could come up with these curveballs.

I missed the shortening to "herp," whenever that happened.

Hey Marv, fuck you. You shouldn't give a fuck. She didn't have the sense to stop a dude with sores from munchin' her cooter and you didn't have the sense to not do it in the first place. I swear, a couple'a inexperienced people mildly screw up and it's OOOOOOOOOOOOH I'M SUCH A DOGFUCKING ASSHOLE HOW COULD I

Whatever.

So the first time you get into the pants of a girl, you gave her herpes?

NOW YOU'RE A MAN!

MAN!

A MAN, MAN, MAN!

He's not a man till he makes orange juice with just his hands and a batch of oranges.

This can only end better if she is of Russian decent and her ex-KBG uncles rub Marvin out for spreading the disease.

Make it happen director. Make it happen.

I'm pretty sure that's what he was implying.

Although I imagine it would take a little while to surface.

A week, give or take which fits into the overall timeline of events.

and I dont see how Kotz can feel that way up there in his post. Its not like its AIDS and its gonna kill her, but genital herpes for a woman is worse than for a guy because it can lead to cancer as well as complicate childbirth..I pretty much feel as though Ive ruined her life through my stupidity..yeah..it could be worse..but this is a pretty big thing to have thrown at me. At least shes taking it well..so far.

This can only end better if she is of Russian decent and her ex-KBG uncles rub Marvin out for spreading the disease.

Make it happen director. Make it happen.

Oh damn it you forgot the sour cream.

Marv's feelin' the h-bomb! And I mean hypochondria, not herp.

That reminds me... anyone here seen Bandits before? I tried watching it last night, but I just couldn't get through it. Billy Bob's character totally reminds me of Marvin.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Oh christ, you didn't give her herpes, you dunce.

If I've never caught anything, your quasi virginal ass is fine.

You don't lose interest in a work of genius. You have it or you don't. Did Valerie Solanos lose interest in feminism after writing the SCUM manifesto? No. She shot Andy Warhol. I think we can all agree that is a perfectly valid metaphor for Rando's life.