TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

Biggest Train Wreck of a Life

So I'm just sitting here reading threads and thinking to myself how shitty things have gone for me over the past year plus, but how much better they will be soon (seeing as how I'll be entering my career of choice) and I started wondering "Who around here would I never trade places with?" and I came up with a couple choices.

1.) Matt Young; Now while Matt seems to be a nice enough person there's just no way I'd want to deal with the shit he's had to. Sister steals his videogames for drugs and then goes up and missing, gets engaged to a drug addict whore that screws him 5 ways from Sunday, just seems to be floating through life.

2.) Bob Barron; Sure he's met a ton of celebrities but he's the poster boy of creepy and I bet he's still never kissed a girl. He also seems bitter about everything which will no doubt lead to a heart-attack 20 years down the road. I also don't recall ever hearing him talk about work so I think he's a bum.

So who do you feel is just the biggest train wreck around here? I fully expect myself to be mentioned by somebody eventually.

Marvin: For all the obvious reasons

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

Superjerk. Marital problems brought on by a thankless job. He'll be in AA in 20 years if he hasn't taken a stationary car ride to the great beyond in his own garage.

Czech. I like him and all, but the poor fella is going to smash headlong into a quarternary life crisis in the near future, marry a girl he doesn't love out of sheer terror of meaninglessness and increasing loneliness, and have a couple of pups.

Marvin's a decent obvious choice, but at least he has some horribly misguided security in his life.

Superjerk. Marital problems brought on by a thankless job. He'll be in jail in 10 years if he hasn't taken a stationary car ride to the great beyond in his own garage.

Fixed.

If it makes you feel better Frigid, I do have a steady job.

Really? What do you do for a living?

I'm a reporter for a weekly newspaper in New York. I don't make a lot of money, but I'm just starting out.

Superjerk. Marital problems brought on by a thankless job. He'll be in jail in 10 years if he hasn't taken a stationary car ride to the great beyond in his own garage.

Fixed.

I don't have you pegged as a criminal, just someone that will bury decades of unhappiness in bourbon.

Fixed.

I don't have you pegged as a criminal, just someone that will bury decades of unhappiness in bourbon.

My taste for booze is vastly overshadowed by my desire to punch my coworkers in the face.

Oh, it'll happen. Some day, it'll happen.

Fixed.

My taste for booze is vastly overshadowed by my desire to punch my coworkers in the face.

Oh, it'll happen. Some day, it'll happen.

You sound like a natural for the postal service.

On the other hand, this thread makes me feel better about my own life (or lack thereof). So thanks for that I guess.

1.) Matt Young; Now while Matt seems to be a nice enough person there's just no way I'd want to deal with the shit he's had to. Sister steals his videogames for drugs and then goes up and missing, gets engaged to a drug addict whore that screws him 5 ways from Sunday, just seems to be floating through life.

You forgot about my stepdad having a stroke, going crazy, and abandoning my mom and his 6 figure managerial job with a load of bills. But then again, you probably didn't hear about that.

Truth be told, I am pretty happy with my life. Exactly 1 week after I broke up with Melissa, I started working out, and I have gone from 125 pounds to 156 in almost ayear. I rarely drink anymore, and I am the healthiest I have ever been. I am happy with the person I am, an happy with my life, although there is, of course, always room for improvement.

Thank you. It took alot of running, water, salad, tuna, and other low carb type things.

I actually followed Agent of Oblivion's weight loss diet and did nothing but tuna and water while adding salad to the mix and subtracting his suggestion of taking up smoking.

It's not too hard to do if you have a taste for dead animals. I've ballooned a bit this winter, as I'm prone to do seasonally. I'll be back at my average 210 by May. I eat more than tuna and water, but that's lunch every day when I want to cut weight. Breakfast is either oatmeal, or bacon, eggs, and toast, alternating from day to day. Dinner is whatever I want, so long as it's reasonable. Usually pasta or rice with pork chops or cube steak. Cutting fast food out completely will shed five pounds a month off of almost anyone.

I don't run because it wrecks my knees and feet, but I do as much physical stuff as I can, like carrying rocks or splitting wood. If I have a physical chore, even if it's meaningless, I'll stick to it more than lifting weights or going to the gym. The heavy bag is a necessity.

As long as you have a good pair of running shoes there's not much pain to running. My knees, back, and feet felt like shit when I tried doing my running in a pair of Vans. I picked up a pair of Starter brand running shoes and since then the only pain I've felt is in my quads and that's only when running up-hill. I lift 20lb dumbells regularly and while I got up to 100 reps each arm at one point I've cut down to 25 since I don't want massive arms, just toned. Military crunches are where I feel "the burn". Those things suck.

Cardio is cardio. I suck as much wind and raise my heart rate pounding a punching bag as I would running like an idiot.

I can't afford a heavy bag nor do I really have a place of my own to place it (staying at a friend of the family's until I ship out) so I'm stuck "running like an idiot". Not to say I wouldn't enjoy punching the shit out of a heavy bag.

Superjerk. Marital problems brought on by a thankless job. He'll be in AA in 20 years if he hasn't taken a stationary car ride to the great beyond in his own garage.

Czech. I like him and all, but the poor fella is going to smash headlong into a quarternary life crisis in the near future, marry a girl he doesn't love out of sheer terror of meaninglessness and increasing loneliness, and have a couple of pups.

Marvin's a decent obvious choice, but at least he has some horribly misguided security in his life.

"horribly misguided security"?

"horribly misguided security"?

Well yeah. He doesn't do anything that has inherent risk or danger. It's odd how he got to that point, but it's quite safe.