TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO 02/05/07 Raw Thread

I think they can keep Cena/HBK both as faces going into WM, though Cena will likely get booed to hell at the PPV itself. I do think they are planting the seeds of having Batista go heel at No Way Out, especially given his cryptic promo about payback for UT coming when he least expects it. Thus they can simply job out Batista at WM in the main event to give the show that big title change, while Cena will retain.

Thus far I am really enjoying the direction they are going in for WM. I'm assuming Edge vs. Orton now for WM as well? Given Edge's mention of his own streak they'd be fools to have him job there, yet Orton has eaten 2 straight clean pins on TV.

Guest Princess Leena

Hey, Randall will job once again at WM. He's turned into nothing more but the meaningless "keep the streak going" guy. Sigh.

Is it me or is this one Enthusiastic crowd tonite?

Its Iowa! They get crazy over being the first state to get to vote in Presidential primaries.

I have to assume this is the biggest event to ever emenate from Souix City. It's got to be one of the smallest markets to ever host a Raw.

They had a Smackdown taping right before Judgement Day 05 in that same building, was there live and that arena is so damned small I swear I was in a bit amped up high school gym or something. A college campus venue on most universitys held more than this place easily. But the crowd was hot for what I thought was a bad show, all I remember was JBL/2 Hotty, Orlando Jordan v. Heidenreich shitfest and Cena against MNM or something weird like that.

Was impressed with the show tonight though, didnt go live but I was surprised to see such a solid show booked overall.

Raw was very good tonight...very good. Every part of Raw had something going on from the week before, everything had some kind of purpose tonight and EVERYTHING MADE FUCKING SENSE! I'm very surprised how Raw went tonight, it was a very good good show.

Raw was very good tonight...very good. Every part of Raw had something going on from the week before, everything had some kind of purpose tonight and EVERYTHING MADE FUCKING SENSE! I'm very surprised how Raw went tonight, it was a very good good show.

Why the hell did Balls wrestle Umaga? Thats the only thing that didnt make any sense to me.

Why the hell did Balls wrestle Umaga? Thats the only thing that didnt make any sense to me.

McMahon wanted to punish the ECW Originals for humiliating him on the last ep of ECW.

Balls was the sacrifice.

Umaga was the weapon.

Simple.

What ChrisMWaters said, also JR and King along with Coach explained the reason behind the match before the match took place.

McMahon wanted to punish the ECW Originals for humiliating him on the last ep of ECW.

Balls was the sacrifice.

Umaga was the weapon.

Simple.

It didnt make any sense to me why it happened on RAW and not ECW tomorrow night. I think it would have had more impact if Umaga showed up on ECW and beat him up in front of..I'll say this even though I know its not even close to being the truth..but in front of the ECW fans who might care about it vs the RAW crowd in Iowa who probably had no clue who Balls was..

Balls was the sacrifice.

Umaga was the weapon.

Simple.

It didnt make any sense to me why it happened on RAW and not ECW tomorrow night. I think it would have had more impact if Umaga showed up on ECW and beat him up in front of..I'll say this even though I know its not even close to being the truth..but in front of the ECW fans who might care about it vs the RAW crowd in Iowa who probably had no clue who Balls was..

As a warning for the others tomorrow night, should Vince decide to show up, on what will happen if they cross him.

re: Lashley losing to rebuild him for Mania.

They never built him up in the first place for him to be champ at all. He just showed up and won.

the title was always a joke because of their small roster, but putting it on Blaster Lashley was just wrong on all accounts, and with previous champs, at least you wouldnt get boos and laughs from the fans, when it was mentioned as being on the same level as the other titles.

and since vince is the heel, telling the fans that lashley is the best is making the fans boo even more. how stupid is that?

did vince give the writers a raise for thinking up a catchphrase for Super Crazy? Its great

and i thought the writers didnt let flair do any talking?

7 matches in one night? they must really be stacking the deck since theyre preempted next monday. curious to see how thursday's taped show does

the ecw guys lose to themselves on their own show now we have to see it on raw now?

they could have balls get beat up, instead they have a squash match which is more humiliating. and its not like they beat up vince last week, they beat up elijah burke. the only thing that was humiliating for vince was to be in the same ring with ecw guys

they should call it the val venis division. we can include any holders of the sd tag and cruiserweight titles

HELLOO isnt Batitsta putting up his streak at wrestlemania too.

you know: 2-0 ??

Umaga just gave John Cena the fight of his life........Balls Mahoney should get squashed by him any thing else makes Umaga and Cena both look bad.

Surprisingly, a relatively good Raw tonight. Taker is the man. I really hope he goes over that no-talent Batista decisively at Mania.

Flair's rant on Carlito was great. Really well done.

Lashley sucks. He looked really out of place in the opening segment.

I like how the Edge/Orton fued is going. Hopefully we'll get a grudge match at WM.

Well, I called it (re: HBK/Cena).

I'm curious where they're going with Flair and Carlito. Probably a lame tag team that devolves into a feud, but I could be wrong.

I hope this leads to nothing but Ric Flair shitting on random young guys backstage. Next week should be Benjamin. The finale would be Orton. I just don't know the other 2 guys you can throw in there between Benjamin and Orton... Masters?

I hope this leads to nothing but Ric Flair shitting on random young guys backstage. Next week should be Benjamin. The finale would be Orton. I just don't know the other 2 guys you can throw in there between Benjamin and Orton... Masters?

He should tour the brands and rip all the mid-carders

Masters (roids)

Sabu (sleeping)

Helms (comic books)

Benjamin (video games)

Punk (out poping DX and making out)

Well, I called it (re: HBK/Cena).

LOLZ

dude, EVERYONE called it...

Not really...a lot of people have been saying they'd do Cena/Edge/Orton or Cena/UT somehow.

Seriously...I came up with the idea of HBK/Cena a couple months ago in a post before everyone else did (I think it was a thread about WM main event ideas). I'm not one to brag, but I'm taking credit this one time.

Oh, one other thing you'll all get a kick out of. Last night while watching RAW, during the match with Balls Mahoney, my wife called Umaga, "Samoa Joe." She doesn't know anything about wrestling, but watches along with me. I thought that was hilarious.

Masters (roids)

Sabu (sleeping)

Helms (comic books)

Benjamin (video games)

To Masters: - "HEY MUSCLEHEAD YEAH I'M TALKING TO YOU.....you boring piece of shit you with that stupid full nelson challenge shit don't you remember me slipping out of that move when we had a match on Raw....yeah thats right an old 20 years past his prime man got out of your best move....go learn a real submission based on the martial arts or something BOY!

To Sabu - *throws a roll of tape at Sabu* "HEY HOMICIDAL, GENOCIDAL, SUICIDAL, STUPIDAL....Sabu whats wrong this week hurt knee from missing the jump off the chair PUT SOME TAPE ON IT....cut yourself jumping onto a table PUT SOME TAPE ON IT.....Damn I don't understand how you got popular without saying a word for so many years...do you even speak english

To Helms - "STANDBACK HE COMES THE GIMMICK THAT SELL TOYS if you took just 1% you used in taking care of your comicbooks....oh I'm sorry GRAPHIC NOVELS with the damn plastic and backboards shit you might of been something more than just a midcard nobody! You see I'm Ric WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Flair just like Batman I'm been here since the begining of time and was able to change with the times being able to pull off being both the good guy and the bad guy and having the fans remember me for being the best. YOU well you did that cartoon for so long that its the only thing that you will be remembered for hell it took 4 fucking natural disasters in a row for you to change your gimmick! You should of turned heel earlier!

To Benjamin - "HOW MANY FUCKING CHANCES HAS THE COMPANY GIVEN YOU....everytime WWE gave you a big push you fucked it up WWE pushed you as the WORLDS GREATEST TAG TEAM then when WWE split you up for the big singles push you fuck up by blowing highspots.....then WWE brought in you're momma cause you needed just loved her chunky soup WWE gave you the IC belt again but you went nowhere with it and now your back to square one with Charlie HAAAAAS....DON'T SCREW THIS UP by playing Guitar Hero all night!

To CM Punk - "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE....how dare you get more cheers than HHH and the Heart Break Kid on PPV! You think you're special cause you got all of the fans of the Northeast drinking Pepsi well guess what fans on the Pacific drink FANTA the hippies of the Northwest drink coffee and the rest of the country drink COKE! You only got those nerds and geeks who live in mommy's basement as fans the rest of the world don't know who you are! And what's this shit about you fucking your girl in public....don't you understand what kayfabe is boy! you got to live your gimmick in and out of the ring WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I wined and dined with beauty queens WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I've took Miss Universe to Space Mountain and had her scream my name in the peaks and valleys of the ride WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats right Miss Universe the most beautiful woman in the god man universe! To be the man you got to beat the man....you think you're good enough to walk that isle.....HA we will see.

Masters (roids)

Sabu (sleeping)

Helms (comic books)

Benjamin (video games)

To Masters: - "HEY MUSCLEHEAD YEAH I'M TALKING TO YOU.....you boring piece of shit you with that stupid full nelson challenge shit don't you remember me slipping out of that move when we had a match on Raw....yeah thats right an old 20 years past his prime man got out of your best move....go learn a real submission based on the martial arts or something BOY!

To Sabu - *throws a roll of tape at Sabu* "HEY HOMICIDAL, GENOCIDAL, SUICIDAL, STUPIDAL....Sabu whats wrong this week hurt knee from missing the jump off the chair PUT SOME TAPE ON IT....cut yourself jumping onto a table PUT SOME TAPE ON IT.....Damn I don't understand how you got popular without saying a word for so many years...do you even speak english

To Helms - "STANDBACK HE COMES THE GIMMICK THAT SELL TOYS if you took just 1% you used in taking care of your comicbooks....oh I'm sorry GRAPHIC NOVELS with the damn plastic and backboards shit you might of been something more than just a midcard nobody! You see I'm Ric WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Flair just like Batman I'm been here since the begining of time and was able to change with the times being able to pull off being both the good guy and the bad guy and having the fans remember me for being the best. YOU well you did that cartoon for so long that its the only thing that you will be remembered for hell it took 4 fucking natural disasters in a row for you to change your gimmick! You should of turned heel earlier!

To Benjamin - "HOW MANY FUCKING CHANCES HAS THE COMPANY GIVEN YOU....everytime WWE gave you a big push you fucked it up WWE pushed you as the WORLDS GREATEST TAG TEAM then when WWE split you up for the big singles push you fuck up by blowing highspots.....then WWE brought in you're momma cause you needed just loved her chunky soup WWE gave you the IC belt again but you went nowhere with it and now your back to square one with Charlie HAAAAAS....DON'T SCREW THIS UP by playing Guitar Hero all night!

To CM Punk - "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE....how dare you get more cheers than HHH and the Heart Break Kid on PPV! You think you're special cause you got all of the fans of the Northeast drinking Pepsi well guess what fans on the Pacific drink FANTA the hippies of the Northwest drink coffee and the rest of the country drink COKE! You only got those nerds and geeks who live in mommy's basement as fans the rest of the world don't know who you are! And what's this shit about you fucking your girl in public....don't you understand what kayfabe is boy! you got to live your gimmick in and out of the ring WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I wined and dined with beauty queens WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I've took Miss Universe to Space Mountain and had her scream my name in the peaks and valleys of the ride WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats right Miss Universe the most beautiful woman in the god man universe! To be the man you got to beat the man....you think you're good enough to walk that isle.....HA we will see.

*****!

To Snitsky- And where the HELL have you been lately?! Pieces of shit like you really piss me OFF hanging out backstage doing NOTHING every week and now i hear you're going to go to ECW? EC FREAKING W? WOOOOOO I dont know about you snitsky but I'd rather be bustin my ass out on RAW then on ECW where nobody even watches me week in and week out! people like you piss me off so you can just go to ECW with all those other REJECTS and destroy the sport I love and when it all comes crashing down on you snitsky, and ECW goes out of business, then that, THAT will be your fault. WOOOOOOOO!

..I tried.

Whoa! Flair just got medieval on Carlito Carribian Bland.

I hope this becomes a regual feature, that would be awesome to see Flair shoot on useless layabouts.

The only thing that ended up horrible was Mickie vs Melina. Melina is just horrible in the ring, just horrible.

And I wish she would stop the Daffney scream, it's really annoying.

Other than that, pretty good RAW. I actually felt bad for Orton, getting pinned after that really soft spear Edge gave him. The guy deserves better than that and this is coming from someone who seriously dislikes Randy.

I'm a big fan of Edge but his Spear is softer than a roll of Charmin. He shouldn't be using it when Monty Brown and WWECW chump Lashley can make it at least look like a football tackle.

Yeah, I've never been able to buy Edge's spear, he's just to thin looking. It would be OK as a setup move, but it's not a believable finisher. He should go back to using that "Edge-lock" Sharpshooter type variation he had for a while, but I guess main eventers aren't allowed to have submission finishers in WWE (other than John Cena's STFU).

Yeah, I've never been able to buy Edge's spear, he's just to thin looking. It would be OK as a setup move, but it's not a believable finisher. He should go back to using that "Edge-lock" Sharpshooter type variation he had for a while, but I guess main eventers aren't allowed to have submission finishers in WWE (other than John Cena's STFU).

Submissions aren't exactly used much anymore as finishers with the exception of Cena, Punk, Benoit, and Masters. Some use submissions as set ups but it's generally those four with routine submission finishers.