TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

MLB 2K7

what game are you playing, Big McLargeHuge? MLB 07 or The Show?

He's playing 2K7. I agree completely with the assessment of the pitching gauge - I just wish they had a pitching drill or that old pitching mini-game from MVP. It took a while for me to pick up the gauge with all of the different graphics going on.

And I'm still afraid of throwing sliders unless they're a mile away from the batter.

Big, are you using the "batter's eye" option? My strikeout totals went down dramatically after I started utilizing it.

Yeah, I'm playing 2K7, and I do use the batter's eye. It certainly helps (though change ups are total bastards), but after training myself to identify the MVP strike zone, I've got to start fresh for this game. I didn't know they were going to cut down on the batting cameras. I liked the selection offered in MLB 2k5.

Guest Queen Leelee

Grar... I really wish this game was on the Wii. :(

Will have to settle for it on the ol' XBox.

Also, this will probably be the 2nd last game released on XBox in NA... assuming Madden will continuously be released.

Grar... I really wish this game was on the Wii. :(

Will have to settle for it on the ol' XBox.

Also, this will probably be the 2nd last game released on XBox in NA... assuming Madden will continuously be released.

It will be, just not til September..

This may have already been mentioned in this thread, and I may not even be referring to the correct MLB game, but what is the name of the Nirvana song that plays in the commercial for this?

why did they cut off alternate camera angles for when you are pitching i mean the only choice is the "behind the pitcher" cam used in real life. I was used to playing the last 2 games of the series of the regular batting cam for both pitching and hitting. I guess its more realistic to use that cam for pitching (I used it exclusively in all-star baseball 2005, which I actually liked more than any of the last 3 2k games) but damnit I want another option here. I still havent started a season yet (Hell I have only bothered ot put the game in my ps2 twice and played a few exhibition games) which is bad, cuz Ill fall behind again, but I wanted to fix the rosters to real life, but theres way too many moves to make.

Guest Tajiri

With the sliders that I've been using lately from another forum, I've been getting close compelling games where not every run I'm scoring is coming off of a home run. It really has made this game much more addicting.

With the sliders that I've been using lately from another forum, I've been getting close compelling games where not every run I'm scoring is coming off of a home run. It really has made this game much more addicting.

If you could post them, that would be great. I am having that same problem (only scoring runs off of homers) and it's pissing me off. The game in general, actually, is quite frusturating to me. A lot of it probably has to do with the fact I am playing as the Nationals but still. It seems like I can only hold the computer at bay for like three innings and then they get on a ridiculous hot streak that pretty much gives me no chance to win. I have struck out like one batter in the ten games I've played because the computer hits almost everything, no matter where I place the pitches. The opposite is true for me, as Kearns and Zimmerman basically have all my RBI's, all off of homers. Everyone else can get the occasional base hit but nothing sustained. I even adjusted the sliders but it was still happening, so I'd like to see some recommendations for the sliders to make games competitive.

Guest Smues

I mentioned it in comments that don't warrant a thread, but I should mention it here. STAY THE FUCK AWAY from the DS version of MLB 2K7. Just awful awful awful. I'd have gotten more fun out of literally flushing a $20 bill down the toilet then this piece of shit game.

My first impression of MLB 2K7 was, "Oh shit, I just wasted $65 on another horrible 2K baseball game." But I soon figured out that the problem was the swing stick. Great concept; terrible execution.

I have played 6 games with the classic swing, and I love this game. It's better than the very good MLB 06: The Show from last year, and while I can't say it's as good as MVP 2005 yet, it's right up there. Having the excellent 2K Sports presentation, adjustable season length, online leagues, amazing 360 graphics, and achievement points adds a lot to the experience.

I've played with a variety of different teams, and I am absolutely in love with MLB 2K7. Excellent baseball game.

While it was not my best game, I just played my longest game (out of 4 extra inning games). I, as the White Sox, beat the Twins 2-1 in the bottom of the 12th inning with a sac fly from Joe Crede, the same man who was responsible for the only other run in the game with a 7th inning solo shot.

Just Pro for now. I still lose probably one out of every 4 games (and I've had about 4 crash on me... ugh). I'm hoping I can move up to All-Star and be competitive on that level by the time I start my franchise, after the next roster update.

I started a new gm career mode with the Yankees. I tried using the pro difficulty for once (using rookie was way too easy and I dont know why I stuck with that for the last 2 years) and its dramatically different. I cant seem to score at all and the opposing team is killing my pitchers. I'm currently 2-2 to start the year.

So for those of you on the board who have played this game is it worth the buy? The game that I currently play for MLB is MVP '04 and was wondering if this game is a decent upgrade for my PS2 system.

Get MVP '05 if you don't really care about up to date rosters. It's only $5 used at EB and looks and plays great.

I initially played this on the X-Box 360 and fell in love with it...unfortunately I don't own an X-Box 360 and instead had to get my own copy for the PS2. I figured the graphics would be the only thing to suffer and boy was I ever wrong. For all those asking about it for the PS2, don't waste your time. The controls are slow, the game freezes for a couple seconds in the middle of fielding attempts, and they didn't even update the rosters well (Roger Clemens doesn't exist as far as this game is concerned, not to mention they have everybody's stats buffed beyond belief). Unlike with the X-Box 360 edition the catcher just sits there like a bump on a log too. Doesn't move around or anything.

Seems like they went to extremes for the next gen system but just shat out something for those of us without funds to upgrade.

So for those of you on the board who have played this game is it worth the buy? The game that I currently play for MLB is MVP '04 and was wondering if this game is a decent upgrade for my PS2 system.

Get MVP '05 if you don't really care about up to date rosters. It's only $5 used at EB and looks and plays great.

Can you customize the length of the season in MVP '05? I love baseball games but I just hate the dynasty mode where I have to play all 162 games. Just gets a little tedious and I know I can simulate them but never like doing that.

Thanks for the feedback on the 2K game everybody, I appreciate it.

Guest Queen Leelee

So, I finally got MLB 07: The Show, and I'm amazed how good this game is. It's incredibly deep. I'm surprised Alan dislikes it.

I learned to like it actually. It's intolerable if it's not on fast mode though. The weekly roster updates are nice. I can't get into franchise mode though. I'm tired of sports games in general where you play a combination of sports and lemonade stand.

Guest Queen Leelee

True. But, there's the option of turning all that stuff off.

The bugs are what kill franchise mode in 2007, though. Managers are deleted for every team when you play a game, or sim something. Ruins it. If you're gonna do franchise, go back to 2006.

I'm enjoying RTTS, though.

Avtually Im getting used to playing closer games now, makes it more fun. I just had two great games against the red sox, coming from behind to win both and barely holding onto a close lead at the end (and mo stranding the bases loaded at the end of the last game)

too bad the real team isnt this good this year (SO FAR )