TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

The WWE 2007 Hall Of Fame Thread

Guest whizzo

Id be pretty shocked if JR doesnt induct the king.

Not saying he should but surely he will

Guest whizzo

maybe they will Induct each other??

EDIT: I havent watched RAW yet but it seems nothings been announced about ross??

Is Steamboat inducted yet?

No he isn't.

If he does get in, I say that either Flair should induct him for the feud...or an off the wall one, Paul London cause I STILL say he looks like mid to late 80s Steamboat.

Aren't the Von Erichs supposed to be inducted this year (and thus the WCCW DVD that will come out)? If so, the only one I can think of to do an induction is Freebird Michael P.S. Hayes. Will the Von Erichs be the first clan inducted?

Yes, since being dead they can't really object like the Harts. The Harts would have been the first, if Owen's death wasn't a dumb stunt. The only two other clans they could be thinking of doing are the Guerreros and the McMahons. But I doubt either or anytime soon. And the McMahons would make sure they milk one after another.

Maybe they'll save him for WM 25. They are going to need a big name for the silver anniversary. MAYBE Flair will go in that year. I think Macho and Flair are really the only two big names of the 80's left that the masses/general public may pay attention to. Bruno may make some noise with older fans though and I mean the ones who were apart of the 80's boom. Everyone from then knows the bad blood between Bruno and Vince. I think they included other organizations because eventually they'll just run out of people that actually deserve to get in. Vince putting himself in the HOF will just bring a bunch of critics, but maybe again for the silver anniversary he'll put himself in. I think he'll be able to justify it himself somewhat for that year.

they ought to just bring in macho man already. who are they kidding?

I wouldn't induct someone/give someone money (via DVD sales) if they banged my underage daughter. Yeah, I'd probably take that grudge to my grave. Oh, and Kevin Adkisson (Von Erich) is still alive.

they ought to just bring in macho man already. who are they kidding?

I wouldn't induct someone/give someone money (via DVD sales) if they banged my underage daughter. Yeah, I'd probably take that grudge to my grave. Oh, and Kevin Adkisson (Von Erich) is still alive.

Here we go again with that stupid urban legend.

Kevin Von Erich has already worked with WWE recently (that big RAW in Texas last year), so I'm sure he'd be fine with his family getting inducted, and would probably show up at the ceremony too.

Maybe they'll save him for WM 25. They are going to need a big name for the silver anniversary. MAYBE Flair will go in that year. I think Macho and Flair are really the only two big names of the 80's left that the masses/general public may pay attention to. Bruno may make some noise with older fans though and I mean the ones who were apart of the 80's boom. Everyone from then knows the bad blood between Bruno and Vince. I think they included other organizations because eventually they'll just run out of people that actually deserve to get in. Vince putting himself in the HOF will just bring a bunch of critics, but maybe again for the silver anniversary he'll put himself in. I think he'll be able to justify it himself somewhat for that year.

Vince should already be in his Hall of Fame. Someone would have to be a real Vince hater to criticize him for that.

It's going to be some time before they run out of deserving names. They haven't even started with the stars of late 90s boom. Plus they have plenty of names from the 80s left.

One thing they should consider is inducting more tag teams. I mean, they've got the Road Warriors out there yet, who would clearly be deserving. Only drawback is where do you draw the line between guys inducted as a tag team, or for their solo runs? The British Bulldogs come to mind with that. They were a great tag team in the '80s, but Davey Boy Smith could probably be inducted for his singles accomplishments alone, where as Dynamite Kid probably couldn't, realistically.

One thing they should consider is inducting more tag teams. I mean, they've got the Road Warriors out there yet, who would clearly be deserving. Only drawback is where do you draw the line between guys inducted as a tag team, or for their solo runs? The British Bulldogs come to mind with that. They were a great tag team in the '80s, but Davey Boy Smith could probably be inducted for his singles accomplishments alone, where as Dynamite Kid probably couldn't, realistically.

UUUUNNNNHHHH???? :huh:

Hey, let's be honest, it's the WWF Hall of Fame, not the "Successful Gaijin in Japan" Hall of Fame. He's a god there, but in the US he's basically remembered as being "the other Bulldog."

Hey, let's be honest, it's the WWF Hall of Fame, not the "Successful Gaijin in Japan" Hall of Fame. He's a god there, but in the US he's basically remembered as being "the other Bulldog."

The SUPERIOR Bulldog and oft-cited inspiration for many good wrestlers like Benoit. If someone like Pete Rose goes in, DK should.

The SUPERIOR Bulldog and oft-cited inspiration for many good wrestlers like Benoit. If someone like Pete Rose goes in, DK should.

Pete Rose went in as a celebrity. It's considered a different 'wing' and to all intents and purposes isn't the actual WWE Hall Of Fame. It's totally different and people saying 'so and so should go in coz teh workrate~! and Vince's limo driver is in, so why not this guy' need to wake up to that.

Tag Teams?

Road Warriors

Wild Samoans

Mr. Fuji & Professor Tanaka

Demolition

The British Bulldogs

Seems like a sensible five.

Which, of course, begs the question: If Demolition is elected, will Crush(Bryan Adams) also be inducted as part of the team? And if so, has to be the worst non-celebrity inductee ever, right?

Pete Rose went in as a celebrity. It's considered a different 'wing' and to all intents and purposes isn't the actual WWE Hall Of Fame. It's totally different and people saying 'so and so should go in coz teh workrate~! and Vince's limo driver is in, so why not this guy' need to wake up to that.

Ok fine, of the wrestlers, you're telling me Dynamite Kid is less worthy than the likes of Cowboy Bob Orton and Tony Atlas? Riiiight.

The thing is Dynamite never did much in the WWF or the US as a whole other than the Bulldog's run, and his partner was twice the star he ever was. He's a cult favorite, but he doesn't really have the credentials for WWE's Hall.

I keep hearing about Vince's limo driver, who was that?

James Dudley, according to rumors I heard.

He was also the first black wrestling promoter, and the guy who would wave the towel for Bobo Brazil to the ring.

And the Von Erichs did? It seems like the WWE is trying to turn their HoF into a general pro wrestling HoF. If that's the case, DK should definitely get in. At the very least, as a Bulldog.

Let's say they induct The British Bulldogs as a team, obviously Harry would accept for Davey but would Dynamite agree to be there?

Bickering about the merits of the HOF is almost as stupid as the lineage talks. It's a self-serving ceremony designed for older talents to put McMahon and WWE and possibly draw a nostalgia crowd. It's a good addition to the WM weekend however and I'm glad it has become a annual tradition because while it shouldn't be taken seriously, it still offers good talent or big names that aren't regulars right now get honored.

It's a self-serving ceremony designed for older talents to put McMahon and WWE and possibly draw a nostalgia crowd.

AND to sell dvds. This mini-debate about Dynamite's worthiness as a HOF only hinges on if Vince has the rights to footage to Dynamite's non-WWE stuff. If not, he'll never be inducted alone as there's not a DVD for Vince to sell. If the Von Erichs are, in fact, to be inducted to the HOF, it's only beacuse Kevin sold the rights to the WCCW video library (and thus a DVD can be made).

Can someone tell me why the WWE hall of fame is looked upon as a joke? Is it because Metlz apprently has one?