TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

A plea to WWE

I personally wanted Booker T to be Trump's wrestler as I think he deserved the high profile spot after carrying SD! for most of the year. His interactions with Trump and McMahon would have been great as well. Of course he's long in the tooth as well, and really doesn't need the pimp spot at this stage of his career.

As has been mentioned it's McMahon vs Trump, the wrestlers really don't matter. Umaga makes storyline sense for McMahon and Lashley makes storyline sense for Trump.

Lashley is a fine enough choice and it keeps from giving him a dead match against Snitsky or whatever ECW heel they wanted to use and really exposing him. This way, he gets the rub but isn't expected to carry the match at all. The crowd heat will be on the corner men.

I'd expect them to give a over booking treatment for this but it probably won't matter. Aside from Mick Foley, none of the other talent are worth the spot or fit the spot.

You can throw out Benoit all you want but he's fair from a believeable person to slot in the match when he's a lifetime mid-card act who had a gold watch title run. He'll always be over but it's a waste to use this mainstream match on a guy who'd never make anything out of it even if the match might come off better. Flair is a joke choice.

Foley would have worked fine with the history between him and McMahon and that he's the most mainstream name they have that can still work and without already being placed on the show right now. Foley is great at putting people over but you already have Austin involved and it seems the entire point will be to play off his history with McMahon since you're drawing in the casuals anyways. It's silly to even consider someone like the Rock anyways. It's stupid on all levels.

I'll invite people to list better choices than Bobby Lashley right here. Go ahead.

Ric Flair. He can cut a promo and sell the match even more But I don't have a problem with Lashley.

Why would Trump pick an old man, who the few times he faced Umaga....Umaga beat the shit out of him

No one remembers that. And at least Trump might get his name right and not call him lindsey.

People, the two wrestlers in the match don't even really matter. This angle is all about Trump and Vince. Get over it.

The right answer.

"i'm surprised Vince doesnt mind putting the ecw title up to the same level as the IC title."

Looking at past great ECW World Champs:

Mike Awesome never got to the IC level.

Raven never got to the IC level.

Tazz never got to the IC level.

Douglas got the IC title for *10 minutes*.

It took RVD eons to get past multiple IC reigns, but he was never a distinct ECW champ.

Sandman, Mikey not around.

Funk never got a singles run, or near the IC title in the 80's.

Bigelow never got an IC run.

So I think Vince's care for the ECW Title is nonexistant. Holly and Test main eventing being a strong indication.

"People, the two wrestlers in the match don't even really matter. This angle is all about Trump and Vince. Get over it."

Bald Vince will be a markout moment.

Actually, The Rock makes a lot of sense being hollywood and all that. He would be my first choice and I wouldn't be surprised if the wwe wanted him for the angle, but he turned it down. They took him off their raw superstar page recently and being this close to Mania maybe they tried to coax the guy and he doesn't want to bother. I also think Lashley/Umaga is better than the two other rumoured matches invovling guys like Hogan/Shane and HBK/Booker. Umaga and Lashley do make sense for Vince and Trump. Speaking of Hogan and Austin if the wwe could have pulled that off along with this mainstream match they would REALLY make a killing. UT putting his streak on the line for the title is also a great drawing card imo. Cena/HBK as a fresh match up isn't bad either, but they got to heat up the feud. I also like what they are doing with the MITB with teasing Edge wanting to cash it in on the night of Mania. I want to see how they flesh out the rest of the card. I want to see some real celebs at the event and give us some real old school Mania feel.

When asked who his wrestler was, Trump said it was a guy named "Lindsey", in reference to Lashley. Trump said that "Lindsey" is a black gentleman who is the strongest person he’s ever seen.

Steve Austin wasn't hurt when Mike Tyson kept calling him "Cold Stone" during every one of their Wrestlemania promos. That may have been even more embarassing since Austin was pretty much the WWF's big star at the time and Lashley is only being primed for a top spot.

FOLEY would be a horrible pick. Why would Trump pick Foley? He just dogged Rosey for being being a "fat ugly loser". So why we he turn around and pick the "fat ugly loser" like Mick Foley? Mick has been beaten at every mania he's attended, and has lost most of his high profile matches. Trump whole schtick is he likes proven winners, and Mick doesn't qualify.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason that Austin can't just be Trump's choice to face Umaga? I know about his injury problems, but you'd think that for an entertainment match like that, he really wouldn't need to bump at all. Just a five minute match finished by a Stunner, and it would make way more sense storyline wise, would draw a much bigger buzz to Mania, and would generally just be a much more interesting angle. Really, if Trump's going to have "his guy" fight Vince's guy, it shouldn't be someone that's on the current roster anyway.

When asked who his wrestler was, Trump said it was a guy named "Lindsey", in reference to Lashley. Trump said that "Lindsey" is a black gentleman who is the strongest person he’s ever seen.

Steve Austin wasn't hurt when Mike Tyson kept calling him "Cold Stone" during every one of their Wrestlemania promos. That may have been even more embarassing since Austin was pretty much the WWF's big star at the time and Lashley is only being primed for a top spot.

Mike Tyson is a functioning retard. Most people would expect Donald Trump to at least know the name of the guy who is "representing" him.

FOLEY would be a horrible pick. Why would Trump pick Foley?

Because Foley still has unfinished business with McMahon (his firing last year)

Trump has gone over and over saying he's about the fans and giving them what they want. Mick Foley is actually a name that even Donald Trump would know if he never even turned on WWE (which is obviously the case) and Foley has a name that sells to casuals as well. Not only that but Mick Foley has almost 10 years of history with Vince McMahon and is known to be public about his issues which would appeal to Donald Trump that Foley knows to make money off these type of things. The match would obviously be much better but it's a spot match and that spot is reserved for McMahon getting shaved by Austin (if you don't think it becomes Austin/McMahon at the end, you're nuts.) That'll mark out the crowd and the casual viewers who are more concerned about the most match antics.

Foley doesn't NEED to be the guy since he obviously doesn't need a rub by any measure and there's nothing for Foley to gain since he's already a name value star and is getting promotion for the book anyways and WWE is actually doing the right thing by putting Lashley in this spot in hopes of creating a new superstar instead of going back to the fail-safe that is Hulk Hogan. Foley is just the only other guy that'd really work in the spot but Lashley is the right move.

WWE is doing a decent job of pushing WM with good angles right now between the two title matches along with building mainstream appeal for Trump/McMahon and will probably do well at throwing a couple good matches on the card. This doesn't need to be a 11 match loaded card of classic matches, just a big upper-card (check) and a good mid-card match to carry the show and they are set. Not every WM will be X7 but this show isn't in trouble and it doesn't need Dwayne Johnson to save it.

I think part of the issue is that WWE was hinting at Austin/Hogan for a long time, and now that some super mega main event like that doesn't appear to be in place, people are somewhat disappointed.

My problem with Lashley "getting the rub" is that he's not in any position to take advantage of it. He's still really green, bland, can't talk, and he's saddled with being the champion of a joke 'brand'. His huge push hasn't taken, because it's easy to see that he's in over his head. They had a good moderate build going for him on Smackdown, but the ECW thing has totally overexposed him.

He'll be completely overshadowed by Austin, Trump and McMahon and go right back to being the champion of the crappy one hour show on the Sci-Fi channel, and in a couple of weeks it will be like he wasn't even in that match. And until he improves some of the weaknesses in his game, gets off ECW, and gets some good character/booking behind him, it doesn't matter how many sideshow angles you involve him in, he's not going to be "the next star"

So while I guess he works fine for the purposes of the match in being a warm body with some good spots to fill in the blanks between Trump, McMahon and Austin, people need to stop pretending that it's going to be Lashley's big step to being a draw.

As for who would be better suited to take advantage of the spot in the match, and is the right fit for the Trump/Umaga dynamic, the WWE is really short on up and coming faces right now and doesn't really have anyone else for the role. It would have been a perfect way to debut a new wrestler like Daniel Rodimer or Claudio Castagnoli *snicker*, but other than that Lashley does appear to be the best/safest choice.

I hope Trump isnt there live to make the announcement instead of just showing up on video, he'll look like a big douche just picking the name out of nowhere. Someone should pull a rib and switch cue cards on him and have him say "Trevor Murdoch" instead.

And having chosen Lashley cause he's this tough champ is only a big deal if you actually watch ECW, which not many fans do. You could argue Val Venis is just as successful on Sunday Night Heat but no one would care because hes seen by everyone else as a midcard guy. If Vince actually cared about the Tues. show and really did more things starting now, and even showing up there for followup with his bald ass after WM, then they could really start to make him a star. But unless the show is treated better it still feels as a big fish little pond scenario.

Trump should pick The Great Khali.

Don't dismiss that. Think about it. Vince picked Umaga...Who on the roster has been more dominant then Umaga? Who doesn't give a fuck who he faces? Who wants better competition?

The Great Khali fits all of that. In a perfect world, Trump would pick Khali and they could do a storyline where Trump is giving Khali's family money to help them out, thereby turning Khali quasi-face for the feud since he's feeding his family.

Plus. The match itself? WOULD BE THE GREATEST MATCH EVER.

On the actual match that has a chance of happening, I think alot of people are selling Jamal really short. Jamal is a fine wrestler, who should be able to carry Lashley to a decent to good match. Depending on the level of booking, it could even be a great match. For Lashley, Umaga is almost the perfect opponent. In storyline, he's as lethal as anyone in the promotion, he's strong as an ox, and seen as a legit threat. Cena only beat him by a surprise pin, and using his wits. Lashley being nu-age Hogan versus Umaga, the nu-age killer heel is perfect. I think it'll be a fine match, and with the right booking could catapult Lashley to a level he hasn't hit yet.

Dude this entire match hindges on seeing bald Vince. Trump isn't shaving his head for this, he's got so much more money than Vince he could pay to crap in his mouth. I just hope Vince man's up and doesn't wear a stupid wig around forever like Angle did. Imagine, Vince McMahon bald rolling around the ring and sobbing maniacally while Trump dances around with Lashley and 30 other hoes Steve Austin pouring beer on him while Eric Bischoff is shown nailing his wife. Vince is so humiliated he is commited to a mental institution never to be seen again. Then hopefully this Mr.McMahon crap can die like it should have 5 years ago.

The Rock is so far above the wrestling business now that it's scary and he's announced that he's done, to boot.

Maybe he'll have a change of heart and decide to have that match with Mysterio at some point, but your "OMG MARKOUT CITY!" moment is NOT happening.

Actually, I think Rock has dropped considerably from the days of being touted as the next action superhero star a la Arnold. Darth Vader that would be a tremondous end to Mr. Mcmahon, but Vince loves the tv screen too much to vanish.

Actually, I think Rock has dropped considerably from the days of being touted as the next action superhero star a la Arnold. Darth Vader that would be a tremondous end to Mr. Mcmahon, but Vince loves the tv screen too much to vanish.

He's still getting roles and got good reviews for Gridion Gang and Southland Tales should do good things for his cred. He just made a mistake in takings gigs like DOOM.

He's still getting roles and got good reviews for Gridion Gang and Southland Tales should do good things for his cred. He just made a mistake in takings gigs like DOOM.

Right, and really his stock could still drop and he'd be waaaaay above WWE.

He got 15 MILLION for his role in Walking Tall. He could stop making movies tomorrow and have no reason to join wrestling again.

Doom wasn't a bad movie. It just didn't do very well. The Rundown and Gridiron Gang were hits - not smash hits but they both performed well. Walking Tall did decently. His stock hasn't dropped at all. He's a great actor and a big draw. All he needs is the big defining role that will elevate him. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him make a Will Smith like change eventually into drama.

Doing well(it's true he is) and being seen by hollywood as the next Stallone and Arnold are two different things imo in terms of box office. However, I agree he could still do it. I mean Will Smith is a good example because who would have thought Fresh Prince would become such a good actor from that comedy series. I just find hollywood eats and spits people out quicker than Vince Mcmahon does.

Well, the Rock isn't coming back, and I'm not holding my breath for Austin to wrestle again.

I would love for Wrestlemania to be the end of the Mr. McMahon on-air character. I wonder if Vince will ever decide to "hang it up", though. He's such an ego-maniac, by all accounts. At the same time, he's seemingly done doing any wrestling matches, and he's getting older. He's a grandfather now. Maybe he's thinking of slowing it down a little sooner than later.