TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

WWE Goin' All O'er the World!!

How they work out the TV would be interesting. American fans would be pissed if people like Mysterio, Carlito, Finlay, etc. were only able to be seen in the country their brand is located in.

They have total logjam of main eventers right now. Letting these guys headline their own promotions during the year would be a smart way to keep them busy. Bringing them back for a supershow once or twice a year would keep them fresh and present interesting match-ups. It could actually be a boon to the creative team to flesh out the rosters a bit and let the big talent travel around. Worked great during the territory days.

as someone said earlier, in theory, this really is a great idea and it's about all Vince McMahon has left to do. I hope it works out well and we here in the states get a chance to see it.

as someone said earlier, in theory, this really is a great idea and it's about all Vince McMahon has left to do. I hope it works out well and we here in the states get a chance to see it.

I shouldn't think there'll be any problem downloading these, if nothing else.

How they work out the TV would be interesting. American fans would be pissed if people like Mysterio, Carlito, Finlay, etc. were only able to be seen in the country their brand is located in.

That mentions that Smackdown would be the "Hispanic brand" which would be aired here because Smackdown has TV. If they send guys to the Europe or Asian brand odds are we wouldn't get to see them much unless you had 24/7.

I wonder how this will effect the PPV bussniess. will there still be brand specific PPVs? and how will Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble tie into all this?

At least this new idea fits perfectly with their name. WORLD Wrestling Entertainment.

I wonder how this will effect the PPV bussniess. will there still be brand specific PPVs? and how will Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble tie into all this?

At least this new idea goes wil their name. WORLD Wrestling Entertainment.

My guess would be.......we'd still get offered about the same amount of PPV's while there were new PPV's offered to the new overseas brands that we likely wouldn't have access to. Other than on the net or through DVD means.

At least this new idea goes wil their name. WORLD Wrestling Entertainment.

My guess would be.......we'd still get offered about the same amount of PPV's while there were new PPV's offered to the new overseas brands that we likely wouldn't have access to. Other than on the net or through DVD means.

Another option would be WWE 24/7... I wouldn't be surprise if they offer some of the overseas shows that can't be viewed over here...would be made available on their own network.

I don't know what to think of this. I mean, if they're going to be splitting up the roster and cater to certain audiences, then why do we get stuck with an ECW that is nothing of what we ever remember ECW being? The crowd for ECW is still ravid to see it.. (yeah, fans at Hammerstein stir shit up.. but hey, they're still showing up..) so why not bring back an older style ECW?

Smackdown being the brand that has more "wrestling" or lucha to it I love and RAW could stay the brand that is more or less one huge telenovela.

WWE Japan.. WWE Europe? I don't know.. isn't Japan too saturated with brands as it is that even New Japan is finding it hard to make the ends meet? Also, if they do this.. then how would this all parlay into their actions with TNA or with stars like Brock or Sean O'Haire?

I would hope this all works out, but I have the feeling that it'll flop hard

How would this even work exactly? Obviously Mexico and Japan have long established wrestling promotions, but who has ever heard of pro wrestling from South America? Pro Wrestling from Asia (Not Japan)? I know Australia and Europe have some pro wrestling, at least historically, but in modern times, you hear very little regarding a pro wrestling scene in these areas, they just watch the same RAW and Smackdown we watch every week, just a few days or weeks later. Where the heck are they going to get people to wrestle in these promotions?

Isn't the main reason behind WWE's success internationally centered upon the current stars? If they establish seperate brands overseas, will people like Cena and Taker compete in those regions regularly? Do these audiences a second-third tier star as a champion? Or, like someone else stated, will they continue to place the main focus on the North American audiences and have the main stars make periodic appearances?

The idea of international territories is intriguing. I'm not sure how successful it will be in the long run, however.

I live in Sydney, and the Australian wrestling scene is bare-bones. Supershows consisting of the cream of Australian talent have only managed to draw a few thousand people, and that only happened twice. There is some good talent, there's a worker named TNT who I think would fit well in WWE:Pacific, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

As for coverage, they certainly wouldn't get on a free-to-air network, which is what they'd need if they were attempting to tour regularly here. If they toured places like Sydney more than four or five times a year, they'd be looking at sub-5000 crowds, especially without any international draws. I don't think you'd pack the Sydney Entertainment Centre with Nathan Jones vs Kenzo Suzuki.

Well Vince really wants to be the only brand of wrestling once and for all. This seems like it would help and hurt the business if successful. Could put independents and foreign promotions further into the grave then some already are. Could create more good paying jobs for wrestlers though.

I think it would help the US indies, as it would remove some of the wrestlers and shows from the US touring schedule.

For the other areas, it would help Europe & Australia by raising the profile of wrestling and giving opportunities for local wrestlers, which will bring more money into the scene over there.

As for Japan, it probably wont change too much. It will give Japanese wrestlers a chance to show their ability on a global stage (more so than the Puro scene or TNA) and likely appeal to a different market to the established promotions over there. Again, this will help the scene by increasing foreign interest, although a local promotion may get replaced.

I really like this idea. Just as long as they don't cross promote the shit out of it like they did with the Raw vs. Smackdown you could get to hugely established stars from other parts of the globe for huge money matches.

I actually like this idea and have a feeling the European territory is going to be great.

They could just broadcast the international shows on WWE.com. The only time each all of the territories get together is at WM and SS.