TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Zodiac

408px-Zodiac32432.jpg

I've been fascinated with the Zodiac killer case for years since I first saw a report on him on A&E's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries (he was number one to be exact). Then late last year, I saw the trailer for the movie and I knew I had to see this film because its about the case and also because it had Robert Downey Jr in it. The cast does an exceptional job. Downey steals the show although out of the three top billed stars, he gets the least screentime. The murder scenes were very chilling and realistic. There are many creepy moments through out the film - one moment in particluar is when Jake Gyllenhaal is going through a house of a former theater owner as they search for a record of when the the Most Dangerous Game was last played. My only problem is that is lagged in some parts and it was too long but it does span from the late 1960's through the early 90's so it gets a pass, but all around it was a pretty good film.

Dicuss.

Man, Downey was fucking great in this flick. I also loved seeing Philip Baker Hall (PT Anderson's movies) and John Ennis (from Mr. Show, and I think I annoyed people by cracking up when I saw him because I thought of "BILLS! BILLS! BILLS!")

But yeah, definitely worth seeing, and the two and a half hours zoomed by.

Also, I know the movie is based on an actual person, but I was hoping the reveal of Zodiac (or at least the "prime suspect") would be along the lines of John Doe in Se7en. Alas, we get someone who I almost thought was Kevin from The Office.

I always get a laugh when I see that guy pop up. Can't help but think of him wearing a dress when he played Drew Carey's brother.

I also liked seeing Jack's dad from Lost and Chappelle from 24 (even if he was wearing a dumb looking wig). Oh, and Minkus.

Also, I know the movie is based on an actual person, but I was hoping the reveal of Zodiac (or at least the "prime suspect") would be along the lines of John Doe in Se7en. Alas, we get someone who I almost thought was Kevin from The Office.

Well, the movie wasn't just based off of the actual killer - it was based off of Graysmith's book. Completely non-fiction. I would've been pissed if they took a Hollywood route to end the movie and was very glad that they didn't.

Pretty decent flick. Definitely felt like it dragged at times, and I think I preferred the Black Dhalia better, but a good watch all the same.

Well, the movie wasn't just based off of the actual killer - it was based off of Graysmith's book. Completely non-fiction. I would've been pissed if they took a Hollywood route to end the movie and was very glad that they didn't.

No, I know, I mean in terms of who they used as Zodiac. I expected creative liberties to be taken and some big-name person to be a surprise.

p.s. I was pissed at the trailer for "Disturbia," which is a Rear Window ripoff with the kid from Even Stevens.

Bah, this'll annoy me for a while.

John Ennis (from Mr. Show, and I think I annoyed people by cracking up when I saw him because I thought of "BILLS! BILLS! BILLS!")

So that was him? I sort of marked out when he showed up, but not completely because I wasn't sure if it was him. He's put on some weight.

The guy who played the killer was awesome, BTW.