Smackdown Spoilers for show airing on 03/09/07

Source: Wrestling Observer.com

SMACKDOWN -

King Booker d. Matt Hardy.

A good, longish back and forth match between these two Money in the Bank

competitors. Booker wins with the scissor kick after some interference

from Sharmell.

Kristal interviews Batista backstage.

They show a pretty good video package of each of Undertaker's WM wins.

MVP interrupts Teddy Long looking at a magazine of those divalicious

Divas. He asks for a match with Benoit at WM.

Kristal catches up with Kane backstage.

Batista d. Kane

The crowd was behind both

guys. Another long match.

Batista wins cleanly with a powerbomb out of the corner.

The Miz is out for the inaugural edition of MizTV. Think Piper's Pit,

except, well. You know. His guest is Ashley - but wait! He has another

guest! Melina! . Ashley challenges Melina to a match for the women's championship. Soon they're

fighting as if they were cats, with the tough Ashley getting the

best of Melina.

Mr. Kennedy d. C.M. Punk

Kennedy cleverly subverted his intro, saying he'll soon be known as "Mr.

Money in the Bank." Mr. Kennedy won

cleanly with a hanging neckbreaker.

Kristal talks to Finlay, who talks about his "Pure hot Irish blood."

The Great Khali attacks Kane backstage while Kristal is trying to ask

him who is going to win Batista/UT.

Undertaker d. Finlay

Hornswoggle interfered,

allowing Finlay to get the advantage. The antics involving Hornswoggle

eventually backfire, leading to a chokeslam and tombstone.

After the match, Batista comes out to give UT the double thumbs down.

UT gives him a throat slash AND a "I want the belt around my

waist." gesture

Kennedy is on the cusp of being a main eventerin the eyes of the wwe, Punk is elevated just by being seen as competition for him sorta deal. As long as it was a competitive match of course. I don't mind it really, Kennedy is not Matt Striker or Hardcore Holly afterall, and to tell you the truth, I really didn't mind the latter loss either.

I hope Finlay vs Undertaker was given the longest match of the night, because it could have been really good.

MVP vs Benoit and Ashley vs Melina added to WM23, and Kane vs Khali is very likely as well. The card is filling up.

Kennedy is on the cusp of being a main eventerin the eyes of the wwe, Punk is elevated just by being seen as competition for him sorta deal. As long as it was a competitive match of course. I don't mind it really, Kennedy is not Matt Striker or Hardcore Holly afterall, and to tell you the truth, I really didn't mind the latter loss either.

I hope Finlay vs Undertaker was given the longest match of the night, because it could have been really good.

MVP vs Benoit and Ashley vs Melina added to WM23, and Kane vs Khali is very likely as well. The card is filling up.

Just throw in the Tag Team Turmoil/battle royal match and you basically have the entire card locked in. Maybe a CW title defense but I wouldn't have hopes.

Thing is, I don't know if very many people really buy Kennedy as a serious threat to anyone. He's actually my pick to win the MITB match, but given that he's jobbed conclusively out to Batista, UT, and Lashley is there anyone who takes him seriously? He'd almost have to do a MITB cash in like Edge did, with a tired UT or something like that.

The MVP vs Benoit match may happen, but i don't think that it should cuz its not a wrestlemania type of match but rather an undercard match

benoit lost the title last year , so what do you guys think about this year?

WM needs undercard matches too. You can't plug in 10 Main Event quality matches. Personally I wish Kennedy and MVP switched places but Benoit/MVP will be a fine enough filler match between the important matches.

Benoit's heading over to RAW, so at some point he's putting MVP over. Likely, MVP wins at Mania setting up a loser leaves town match.

Even though Kennedy's a favourite of mine, him beating Punk clean?

That's not good at all.

Why?

That's not good at all.

Why?

Because CM Punk is the internet Marks glory boy. When he looses its a disaster.

Thank you! I swear, I hate reading the ECW threads cause anything regarding Punk is torn apart to the smallest detail. I enjoy the guys work and character, but some people invest WAAAAAY too much time looking into everything in this dudes career. If Punk doesn't go over like Superman in every one of his matches, people start with "OMG THEY ARE BURYING HIM!!!! VINCE IS SCREWING UP, PUNK SHOULD GO TO TNA!!!!!"

That's not good at all.

Why?

Because CM Punk is the internet Marks glory boy. When he looses its a disaster.

Not true, I just don't see why Punk should be jobbing, especially clean, to a wrestler he's going to be going against in a few weeks at WrestleMania.

And right now, Kennedy's probably gathering as many fans among the Internet marks.

This is very true, but Kennedy, unlike Punk, is already a "main event" player, proved as much by his matches with Batista.

Kennedy is someone who will be a champion by the end of the year. They will build up Punk more slowly before he becomes a champion.

Kennedy going over Punk makes sense to me, booking the two of them in a match doesn't, i'd have held it off.

EDIT: I've just re-read the results, Punk is jobbing to a hanging neckbreaker? It better look like it damn near fucking killed him if they dont want to destroy is heat.

I love when women fight as if they were cats.

I can't believe Undertaker added a "belt around my waist" gesture too.

I can't believe Undertaker added a "belt around my waist" gesture too.

He's been doing that on and off for years. And by on and off, I obviously mean whenever he's challenging for the title.

I don't care where you're from, the word "Meatpacker" should never be included in your repertoire of moves in any fashion.

Seconded.

I don't care where you're from, the word "Meatpacker" should never be included in your repertoire of moves in any fashion.

Its better than Fudgepacker.