TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Grand Theft Auto IV

In a knock on from the whole 'influencing real life' argument, I was just walking home from the shop and a very, very pretty girl was in front of me. After several following missions on GTAIV, all I could think about was staying two car lengths away from her.

Was weird.

I found a station that plays a big orchestra band song but I couldn't tell you what station it is off the top of my head, and I think the station only plays that one song. There's a dj that will talk a bit in-between the song playing, but I know after I heard the song end, the dj came on and said "ONE MORE TIME!" and the song started over.

What does the logo look like for the "Liberty Rock" station?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_soundtrack

Just go by this.

Does anyone know at what progress you finish the storyline? I'm just over 30%, but I think previous games' stories finished around 45-50%, and the remaining was all the extra stuff like hidden packages and whatnot.

Just did my favorite mission so far. The bank one...

My first thought upon attempting to escape the bank with the money was that your two partners wouldn't be able to fend for themselves and would eat bullets, ultimately making you fail the mission. Good to know I was wrong as they held their own. Thank god I decided to get some armor before getting to the bank, because the amount of cops around you is crazy. The escape into the subway was awesome, and the money gained ($250,000) pretty much sets you for life, I suppose.

According to the game stats, my addiction level is "That's some good shit". Indeed.

So I accidentally killed Carmen in a bike accident. Then she called me from the hospital this once to pick her up, but the game randomly made me go on a mission (thus I didn't pick her up) and now I can't get the calls to go through. Is she gone for good?

And Kiki, I missed the date with her like 2 times and now she is no longer on Lovermeat. Did I miss out on her too?

Its alot of shit to juggle once you get to a certain point in the game. Alot of people to keep happy.

The driving is fine.

Just takes practice.

You don't have to drive slow, but you have to know when/how hard to brake. I have it down to a science now.

So I was leaving my safehouse in Broker when someone accidentally ran over a guy and his friend. They got up and the driver bumped him again, so the guy pulled the driver out and they started fighting. A cop saw them and pulled his gun on one of them while the other ran away. The cop had to go around me to get to the guy which allowed him to run off with the cop giving chase. I tried to follow it, but when I turned the corner they both were gone. I took the car, since nobody was using it.

It's that kind of random shit that makes the game awesome; this is a living, breathing city. I also checked out the comedy club in Algonquin and heard

Ricky Gervais

go on about fat people.

I had driving down when I picked up the controller. I trash my cars a little, but the only time driving causes me any frustration is during chases... which are supposed to be hard.

I am pretty good at the driving now.

But that doesnt mean it doesn't suck. Being good at something that sucks is just that.

Despite being used to it, it shouldn't take a whole fucking city block for a a goddamn compact car to come to a complete stop like its a fucking big rig.

Love the story, love the random stuff, love the shooting mechanics...love the game all around, but a game with so much driving, the horrid driving mechanics are ridiculously annoying.

I've come to the conclusion that Nico is a moron. Too many of these missions wind up being him announcing something along the lines of "I'm here to kill you!". Which naturally results in yet another "chase him down and kill them" sequence.

I fucking hate that.

And while I don't actively dislike the chase missions, the motorcycle chase missions can suck my balls.

I am pretty good at the driving now.

But that doesnt mean it doesn't suck. Being good at something that sucks is just that.

Despite being used to it, it shouldn't take a whole fucking city block for a a goddamn compact car to come to a complete stop like its a fucking big rig.

Love the story, love the random stuff, love the shooting mechanics...love the game all around, but a game with so much driving, the horrid driving mechanics are ridiculously annoying.

Very much agreed!

I've come to the conclusion that Nico is a moron. Too many of these missions wind up being him announcing something along the lines of "I'm here to kill you!". Which naturally results in yet another "chase him down and kill them" sequence.

I fucking hate that.

I hate it too, but I have to think it has something to do with his character. The war fucked him up... he'll kill, but he probably wants to give everyone a fair shake. At least thats what I'm telling myself.

The "Blow up all vehicles" cheat code is very helpful for annoying/frustrating "chase" missions, as of yet I don't see one for GTA 4 though.

I guess the key to all chase missions is just to stay close until you get on a straight away and then just unload on them. At least thats what I do.

The "Blow up all vehicles" cheat code is very helpful for annoying/frustrating "chase" missions, as of yet I don't see one for GTA 4 though.

From what it looks like, all cheats are out there now, there was an odd update now and then over the last week but they all seem to be found.

If true, a rather weak line-up of cheats.

Although armour, health and ammo all in one is beautiful.

I actually do pretty well on them until that first "bump" into another vehicle that causes me to totally spin out and lose the guy. Sometimes when I fail a chase mission and I know the route the guy is taking, I will try and get ahead of him and get in a wreck with other cars to cause a major blockage in the road which leaves the guy as a sitting duck and I can just unload on him when he has to stop.

I'm currently annoyed with Ruff Rider.

Having to chase the guy on the bike, the only way i'm quick enough is with a bike myself, and the traffic is so bad I just go flying off whenever I hit anything. Make matters worse, he doesnt go a certain track, he goes where he likes.

I must have tried 10 times.

Having to chase the guy on the bike, the only way i'm quick enough is with a bike myself, and the traffic is so bad I just go flying off whenever I hit anything. Make matters worse, he doesnt go a certain track, he goes where he likes.

Yeah I just did that mission last night. I find it funny that you're supposed to stand around for an extra second and decide whether to let the girl live or die, and THEN chase the guy. I found it easiest to not go the same route as the guy on the bike. I was able to nearly cut him off later. Anytime I got as close as I could (usually about 4 car lengths), I just started shooting him as best as I could from my bike. If you're lucky, he'll get hit and fall off his bike.

Don't full throttle on the bike, just glide and 'take your time' then you won't crash as much. If possible shoot his tires too, that'll slow him down.

Yeah, that mission is awesome.

Also, it makes you really not want to die and replay missions. not because the Missions are hard or anything, its the long ass drive to most of them that you want to avoid

I need to go ahead and go through the police computer and finish off the most wanted list and the other crimes so i can get that acheivement and start using the restore health code.

While just fooling around, and not planning on saving, I went to the gun shop in Chinatown, bought what I needed, and proceeded to shoot the guy who runs it. Besides getting a wanted level, some of the guy's friends immediately came in and killed me. If that wasn't bad enough, I returned right after dying, and I seem to be banned since I was met with immediate gunshots.

I was playing last night, one of Phil Bells missions, and this cop just jumps and grabs on to the side of my car as I am trying to get away. First time that has happened, but geez...pretty awesome.

I was playing last night, one of Phil Bells missions, and this cop just jumps and grabs on to the side of my car as I am trying to get away. First time that has happened, but geez...pretty awesome.

I dragged some guy whose car I stole about a block until I finally swerved him off.

Well, I feel stupid. I was unable to play for around a week, and I turned the game back on and had that interview with the law firm set up. I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with the suit/tie wardrobe I had been rocking since unlocking Algonquin, only to find (after over an hour) that I had to remove my glasses. That was the problem. Sheesh.