TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Grand Theft Auto IV

San Andreas is probably in my top 5 of favorite post 16 bit system games I've played. If 4 has a solid cast to it, more good music, more new vehicles, and just as fun a storyline then I'm all for it.

I still have yet to play Bully by the way. Anybody wanna tell me if that's worth picking up?

Yeah, just cut out those lame ass missions where you have to fly a toy helicopter through rings and get rid of the god damn racing missions. I hate them so much.

Grand Theft Auto IV Delayed To 2008

Grab your Christmas wishlists and your giant red Sharpie, as Take-Two Interactive has revealed that Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 has been delayed until April 2008 at the earliest. The game was originally scheduled to ship in the middle of October, but "due to additional development time required to complete the title" the game has been pushed back.

Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two clarified in a statement that "Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms."

Adding additional financial stress to Take-Two was updated guidance, with Manhunt 2 for Wii, PlayStation 2 and PSP moved out of fiscal 2007 altogether, with no new release date provided.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rockstar-games/gr...2008-285475.php

I still have yet to play Bully by the way. Anybody wanna tell me if that's worth picking up?

The voice acting and atmosphere is fun, but I can't play for long stretches since the gameplay gets kind of boring after a while. Maybe once I open up the whole game world and don't have to worry about going to classes and that repetitive crap it'll get better.

I doubt the game (Manhunt 2) is going to be out before GTA4 at this rate.

Well, looks like I'm right. Oh wow does it look like I'm right.

EDIT: Another article indicated TT's fiscal 08 begins in November, which means it sure as hell isn't going to make it late October (the prospective GTAIV release date), but MH2 might still possibly beat GTAIV to the shelves. Ouch.

with Manhunt 2 for Wii, PlayStation 2 and PSP moved out of fiscal 2007 altogether, with no new release date provided.

This is the first I've heard of a PSP version, though.

This probably is anothre reason for the quick cash-in ports of R* Table Tennis and Bully; Take Two's release schedule for '07 would be looking pretty bare otherwise.

Man this sucks, as I had my next few months all planned out. (Assassin's Creed - Sept, GTA - Oct, Smackdown - Nov)...

:(..but hey, I guess at least it's saving me money in the long run, for a while at least.

Time for a good old bump.

First, we have the final trailer. Goddamn, that looks good.

Second, to take this a little off topic, this wasn't the only reason I bumped the thread. There are a few too many comments that don't warrant a thread in this folder. Individual game discussion = good. Very good. Please, create other threads. There's too much going on in one thread. Speaking for myself, that thread made it nearly impossible to locate a few things I wanted to read about, which sucks. If this idea takes, and I hope it does, I'll unpin that thread. I won't close it though, because there are certainly going to be random things someone wants to post.

Things like Zero Punctuation and the comments that come from that definitely warrant a thread. Please, make one. Madden 2009 and NFL Head Coach does too. I won't close them or merge them with something else (unless there are duplicate threads), so please, begin. Even if it's just three or four people talking to each other. Anyway, I made my point. I'll post this in CTDWAT too.

This game will probably smash all game selling records.

What currently holds the title for most units sold per second and overall? Was it some Madden Game?

Are EA any closer to buying Take2 out?

Halo 3 apparently did $170 million in sales in its first 24 hours, to make it the biggest entertainment launch ever. It's currently sold about 8 million copies, which puts it neck and neck with Halo 2.

Here's an all-time best-sellers list from just before Halo 3 came out. It's pretty much Pokémon, Mario, GTA and The Sims down the list, with a little Gran Turismo and Blizzard for good measure.

http://www.gunslot.com/blog/top-twenty-fiv...-games-all-time

And here's a Wikipedia page that may be more current/accurate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-...ing_video_games

Nintendogs is closing in on Super Mario Bros. 3. :blink:

Anybody preordering the limited edition version? I know that most of the time the CEs and LEs aren't worth it, but this one seems pretty cool. It's not cheap ($90), but I'm seriously considering it.

Anyone check out the official site lately? They've added info about the multiplayer modes and things to do and places to visit in Liberty City.

Two weeks..... Just two more damn weeks.....

EDIT: The disclaimers about the Bittersweet device (the game world's version of a Blackberry) are hilarious:

Outages:

Bittersweet does experience occasional network outages. This normally occurs when on important calls or just as you are about to get your highest score on our crappy wall-building game. Please try not to mistake these blackouts for armageddon. The widespread looting and mass suicides have to stop. If your withdrawal symptoms are particularly severe, try hammering away at a TV remote control until your BS device re-connects. The world does not stop turning when you stop receiving e-mails for a couple of hours. And it's fun watching investment bankers weeping in the fetal position.

Edited by KingPK

Only some of the radio stations (there will be 18 in total if I counted correctly). Announced so far are one for disco, hardcore rock, funk, electronica, Eastern European music and a right-wing talk station (hopefully this one is a lot better than the one in Saints Row)

I've heard that Custom Soundtracks will be only availible on the 360, I hope this is not true :(

haha man, exclusive DLC content and custom soundtracks. Microsoft has pushed alot of money into getting some exclusive with GTA4.

Man, they need to bring back the classical station. Driving around town in GTA3 in one of the mafia cars listening to an aria from Madame Butterfly? Now THAT'S feeling like an old school mafia hitman.

I've heard that Custom Soundtracks will be only availible on the 360, I hope this is not true :(

haha man, exclusive DLC content and custom soundtracks. Microsoft has pushed alot of money into getting some exclusive with GTA4.

Is this DLC free?

Is this DLC free?

Now THAT'S funny.

Was just trying to make a point. I'm sure plenty of people are willing to pay more for some extra missions and such but i'm sure as hell not. The only games I would even bother buying DLC for are Rock Band or GH.

I put down the money to pre-order this game. I've never been a huge GTA fanatic, but I enjoyed III and VC, and I'm just now wrapping up Saints Row. It's not like there are any other major 360 releases for a couple months, and the only game not in my collection (besides Rock Band, which friends have) that I really want is Lost Odyssey. But I have Mass Effect to sate my RPG craving for now.

Just a little over 2 weeks...

Yeah...GTA is coming out at the perfect time for me as a 360 user. There's a lull afterwards long enough to sit down and get deep into the game.

Although...I have a stack of half played games or less that I could get through if I wasn't so lazy.

Yeah...GTA is coming out at the perfect time for me as a 360 user. There's a lull afterwards long enough to sit down and get deep into the game.

Although...I have a stack of half played games or less that I could get through if I wasn't so lazy.

Tell me about it. I've got 10 or so PS2 games I should go back and finish while I'm waiting to send off my Box.