TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 4/1 - 4/8

Guest Queen Leelee

Well, you got through one game with Freel and Griffey unscathed. Keep it up!

I like that Reds team. Dunn and Phillips are fun. Plus, the power pitchers.

Guest Smues
The Worst Manager in Baseball Charlie Manuel puts the Phillies CLOSER in for the 9th, when the game is tied.

He then puts Shits Madson in for the 10th, who gives up the big homerun. BRILLIANT, CHARLIE!

New season, same suck.

We put our closer in in the 9th when it was tied too. We won. Using your closer in a tie game is not a bad idea at all.

There's nothing wrong with getting your closer acclimated on Opening Day. It's good to get them in a close game as soon as possible.

Well, you got through one game with Freel and Griffey unscathed. Keep it up!

I like that Reds team. Dunn and Phillips are fun. Plus, the power pitchers.

Leena's on the bandwagon. Great.

Guest Queen Leelee

Yes. And because other than Milwaukee and Pittsburgh in your division, who will both blow, you don't have obsessed fans on this board. :P

Gah, the Phils bullpen is still drizzling shits.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a fan of batting Howard 3rd and Utley 4th.

Why not? I'm just interested in hearing your reasoning.

Great start to the season for Bobby Crosby, lets one go right through his legs and then next inning lets a tailor made, inning ending, double play throw from Dan Haren clang right off his mit helping lead to an ongoing Mariner four run inning.

Woo hoo for the Orioles! Roughing up Santana in the 4th. And best of all, they did it playing real baseball. Not one bullshit home run the whole inning.

Great start to the season for Bobby Crosby, lets one go right through his legs and then next inning lets a tailor made, inning ending, double play throw from Dan Haren clang right off his mit helping lead to an ongoing Mariner four run inning.

Atleast he didn't get hurt.

Can I just take a moment to point out that Hanley Ramirez is your lord and master? He's just so damn good.

And to think, I was sad to see Beckett go.

Why isn't Ramon Hernandez playing.

Pulled muscle in his rib cage. He's out for the series and they hope he'll be back for the next one.

118707818_1594afa5a4_o.jpg

Curt Schilling (back left) and Julio Lugo (right) after today's opener.

My God, was that a pathetic start to the season or what? Though it will be funny to see Kaufman Stadium and about 10 others that were jam packed today like 1/4th full tomorrow and Wednesday.

If anybody hadn't heard...Brad Lidge is still ass. Roy O goes 7 2/3 innings, gives up 3 hits, one run. Wheeler comes in, gets Bay out. The only fuckin' batter I was worried about in the lineup was Jason Bay. Lidge comes in to start the 9th. The 'Stros are up 2-1. Lidge strikes out LaRoche on 3 pitches. Paulino grounds out on 2 pitches. Ex-Javier Nady, first pitch, 390 foot homerun. Damn. I wasn't planning on going 162-0 this year, but that was a shitty way to start the season. I'm willing to give Lidge a chance for a couple of weeks, but it's liking like they shoulda pulled the trigger on the trade with the Red Sox or the one with the Indians for Cliff Lee. It wasn't all bad, though. I won a free t-shirt playing 'Baseball Trivia'. My question was "Who was the famous cokehead first baseman for the Mets?" I, of course, said Keith Hernandez. I also got the bonus question right. The answer to the bonus was Doc Gooden.

Did Czech kill himself, I haven't seen him posting recently.

Heh. Funny you should mention that.

Man, I hadn't noticed that Bruiser was gone until now but come to think about it I wish that he weren't.

Listened to a lot of baseball on the radio yesterday. Rating the announcers I heard.

1. Kansas City

2. Colorado

3. Minnesota

4. Philadelphia

5. Seattle

Denny Matthews is outstanding. I don't think there is a better play-by-play man when it comes to detail, keeping the listener informed and in the game. The Mariners' radio announcer (Dave Niehaus?) was awful. He could not decide whether the Athletics' starter was Haren or Harden, switching between the two mid-broadcast.