TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

Booker taking some time off for injuries

Guest robrabies

I think that showing anything more than the semis and finals of the KOTR on one PPV is a little much to expect from the workers. If you showed the quarters, semis and finals, then you are expecting the two winners to do a triple shot in 3 hours, plus all of the matches are going to be very short. The semis and finals would allow for longer matches to open, a time for the participants to recover, and then they can go out a few hours later and pick it back up.

Didn't seem to hurt the quality of the 1993 KOTR from Bret. A fantastic match with Perfect and two other solid matches. People like Punk, Benoit, Kennedy and others are used to working 2-3 matches a night, sometimes over 20 minutes each. Also, you don't "require" two workers to work three matches a night. It's usually a custom of tournaments to have the heel get a bye to the finals anyways. They don't need "hours" to recover from working a eight minute match.

I do think at least showing the Quarters, Semi's and Finals are needed because abbreviated one night events feel less important. Given the wide range of workers that fit for this, it can take up an entire month just with qualifying matches to reach the actual PPV tournament portion.

Promoting "One Night Stand" as a "One night tournament" has some logic to it. I don't count on it happening as we'll probably see Lashley and Cena beat 10 guys in a double stacked cage or something, but you never know.

Guest robrabies
Didn't seem to hurt the quality of the 1993 KOTR from Bret. A fantastic match with Perfect and two other solid matches. People like Punk, Benoit, Kennedy and others are used to working 2-3 matches a night, sometimes over 20 minutes each. Also, you don't "require" two workers to work three matches a night. It's usually a custom of tournaments to have the heel get a bye to the finals anyways. They don't need "hours" to recover from working a eight minute match.

I do think at least showing the Quarters, Semi's and Finals are needed because abbreviated one night events feel less important. Given the wide range of workers that fit for this, it can take up an entire month just with qualifying matches to reach the actual PPV tournament portion.

I figured you'd bring up Bret, which is a misguided refutation. He was amazingly conditioned. But let's say that you have an 8 man tourney. That necessitates 7 matches, a 16 man tourney would mean 15 matches, unless you have the usual bullshit bye system. Furthermore, if you were going to build an entire card around said tourney, you would expect the main event to go 20+ and the semi mains to go 15+. If you don't think that the quality of those matches would suffer, then you are mistaken. Plus, there wouldn't be any build to the matches. You are much better off building the potential fueds and matchups on Free TV and then you could have 3 quality matches with developed storylines for the KOTR conclusion, plus world title defenses and a few other matches to help pique interest and balance out the card.

If you were promoting an ROH card, it would work. But you aren't, and it won't.

Think about your audience.

Last year, wasn't the tournament all on free TV except the finals? Do that again this year, but with all the PPVs being cobranded now, have eight RAW guys and eight SD guys go, and the winners fight at the May or June or whatever PPV. Opens up the field, gives more guys something to do, etc. Anyway, if a RAW guy were to win, when King Booker comes back to SmackDown, you don't *have* to do that angle.

Then they could do Booker vs Benoit and they can have a best of 7 series for both the title of King and the US title culminating at Summerslam!

Not a bloody another one. I like both guys and they work well together but I have no desire to see this "best of seven" storyline dragged up for the third time.

no more goddamn best of 7s, best of 5s, none of that. Either do a 2 out of 3 fall match or have a 30 to 60 minute Iron Man match, no matter who the workers are.

Some of you guys badly need sarcasm detectors.

Have a face win KOTR, Booker comes back= feud.

I'm fine with that, but I don't want to see Punk or Hardy (whom are the two main mid-card faces that I could see getting the KOTR victory) using a KING gimmick. I'd rather use the KOTR as a effort to put over a mid-card face as the "best wrestler" ala Bret. Not making the focus be two guys acting like Kings. Just Booker being upset about someone else taking the title from him with him being out.

Some of you guys badly need sarcasm detectors.

Have a face win KOTR, Booker comes back= feud.

I'm fine with that, but I don't want to see Punk or Hardy (whom are the two main mid-card faces that I could see getting the KOTR victory) using a KING gimmick. I'd rather use the KOTR as a effort to put over a mid-card face as the "best wrestler" ala Bret. Not making the focus be two guys acting like Kings. Just Booker being upset about someone else taking the title from him with him being out.

To be fair Jeff Hardy acting like a king would be comedy gold!

Guest pith
Benoit should win King of the Ring. Then they could do Booker vs Benoit and they can have a best of 7 series for both the title of King and the US title culminating at Summerslam!

good idea but they've already had benoit vs booker in best of 7 series (or maybe it was best of 5 series) and besides i read that benoit's going to raw sometime after wrestlemania 23

Guest pith

i think the wwe should have mvp win the kotr and then have him interviewed by kristal and have mvp start singin/rappin im a king by psc ft. t.i. or they could make that his entrance music or both

Benoit should win King of the Ring. Then they could do Booker vs Benoit and they can have a best of 7 series for both the title of King and the US title culminating at Summerslam!

good idea but they've already had benoit vs booker in best of 7 series (or maybe it was best of 5 series) and besides i read that benoit's going to raw sometime after wrestlemania 23

You're an idiot.

Why is he an idiot?

Meltz reported Benoit was leaving.

And Vince wouldn't have another Best of Seven series between those two. Booker's already won TWO of them against Benoit.

Interesting thought - Booker defeated Benoit in 2 best of sevens...yet did not defeat Benoit in either "seventh" match.

Why is he an idiot?

Meltz reported Benoit was leaving.

And Vince wouldn't have another Best of Seven series between those two. Booker's already won TWO of them against Benoit.

Interesting thought - Booker defeated Benoit in 2 best of sevens...yet did not defeat Benoit in either "seventh" match.

Because he didn't recognize the sarcasm, which was already mentioned earlier in the thread, and because he still thinks Benoit is going to RAW after he kept the US title at Mania, which was also already discussed in the thread. Oh and because his posts always suck and mostly consist of completely retarded rumors that he most likely made up.

The one in WWE was a best of 5.

No it wasn't. It was a best of 7. Booker had a best of 5 with Cena.