TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The road to the Stanley Cup begins.

Guest Eagle Man

I mean, why does Bill Wirtz even hold on to the team? They can't be making a fucking dime when nobody is coming to the games. Now they have to give away free tickets. There are no home games on local television so as to "protect the rights of the season ticket holder," but when you're giving away free seats--and not even nosebleeds, we're talking pretty nice seats--and a season ticket holder is sitting next to a guy who didn't pay to get in, then how protected does he feel? About as protected as a prison bitch getting fucked up the ass. Wirtz has made so much money off his liquor company and his real estate that it's time to stop fucking around with the hockey team and just retire already. It's almost cruel and sadistic to keep the team off the market at this stage in the game. There's nothing for him to gain by owning this team. Just sell it already. Please. Keep your half of the United Center, that's fine (though I wish they had their own arena), but please, stop hurting Chicago hockey.

So, other than the Sabres, of course, the other team I'm actively rooting for this round is the Rangers.

But that's only cause I want a Sabres/Rangers series, where the shit talking will be off the fucking charts between myself and some friends.

Detroit had another dominating performance. The Flames have not scored an even strength goal, have been outshot almost three to one and even the goals they get are pretty dirty. If the Wings can split the next two (which won't be easy), the series is pretty much over.

Guest Queen Leelee

Yeah, watch out PIT, Bryan Murray will whine like a little girl.

Yeah, watch out PIT, Bryan Murray will whine like a little girl.

ya, he's the second biggest whiner in the league...right behind lindy ruff. and i like buffalo.

When I first saw the hit, I thought Eaves shoulder was separated or something because of how he was laying down on the ice.

Guest Queen Leelee

Sabres win tonight.

My prediction is 7-1. Connolly with a hat trick.

On That call, alone, should preclude Denny Larue from officiating another NHL game. Ridiculous and after he did not call 3 penalties on the Sabres he calls this in the LAST 2 MIN of the game. I don't blame the Isles fans for throwing bottles on the ice as long as its not during gameplay.

On That call, alone, should preclude Denny Larue from officiating another NHL game. Ridiculous and after he did not call 3 penalties on the Sabres he calls this in the LAST 2 MIN of the game. I don't blame the Isles fans for throwing bottles on the ice as long as its not during gameplay.

Yeah...cause game 2 didint see Pomminville crosschecked from behind into the boards, Afinogenov getting a questionable hooking...and then getting a much more offensive hook himself minutes later...a goal kicked in and not reviewed (thanks Kowharski...guess you want your Sabres calls to cost you 2 playoff paychecks in a row...) AND Roy getting crosschecked in the face (which they actually called...) THEN getting crosschecked to the ice from behind by the same guy IN FRONT OF THE OFFICIAL BEFORE the Isles were even able to get the puck for the original penalty...

Yeah...I agree the Sabres have totally gotten the edge.

cough

Witt double minor shouldn't be called. Sorry I don't believe if you are getting checked you shouldn't be called for a high stick, especially there is no blood.

Guest Queen Leelee
Congratulations to the officials for handing the game to Buffalo with a phantom penalty in the last two minutes. I haven't seen this much debris thrown onto the ice in a long time.

It appears more likely that Buffalo earned the game by outshooting NYI 17-2 in the 3rd period. With a very strong defensive performance, especially after the very sloppy goal they gave up to end the 2nd period. That's Championship Hockey. But, yes, that "phantom" penalty decided the game.

I don't blame the Isles fans for throwing bottles on the ice as long as its not during gameplay.

Yeah! Then those objects could just hit the workers cleaning the ice, and fans in the lower level. They're just peons anyway. Really classy fans you got there in Eastern New York, as shown by their behavior for a moment of silence for the VT murders.

Kovalchuk can fight. He got checked hard, they both dropped the gloves and Kovy dove in with a hard punch and probably broke Avery's nose. The crowd came in right after.

Tampa Bay takes a 2-1 lead over New Jersey.

I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping the Devils get upset.

I almost had to punch myself, as my hatred for the Lightning seems to be outweighing my "meh" for the Devils.

I'm sure if I ran into anyone from this board, they'd probably stone me or something.

Guest Queen Leelee
They're plastic bottles, so I really don't care. It's not like they were throwing glass.

From a good height, they can still do damage. Especially if there's any liquid in them.

I'm suddenly not so crazy about possibly facing the Rangers in round 2. Go Lightning.

Tampa Bay takes a 2-1 lead over New Jersey.

I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping the Devils get upset.

I almost had to punch myself, as my hatred for the Lightning seems to be outweighing my "meh" for the Devils.

I'm sure if I ran into anyone from this board, they'd probably stone me or something.

Not at all. I'll agree to a T. I like a handful of players on the Lightning, but not the team. I'm with you and CC on this one.