TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo ECW on Sci-Fi Thread -- 4/10/2007

ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley knew his life was going to become hell after he humiliated Mr. McMahon at WrestleMania 23’s Battle of the Billionaires, and challenged the bald Chairman to “bring it on.” Mr. McManiac will bring it on April 29 at Backlash – and he won’t be alone.

Last night on Raw, Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon, and Umaga joined forces to beat and bloody Lashley. The incensed billionaire then announced that Lashley would defend his championship against him, his son Shane, and the Samoan Bulldozer in a 3-on-1 Handicap Match at Backlash. But will the WWE Chairman throw more obstacles in front of the proud champion on the road to Backlash? Find out on ECW on Sci Fi.

Last week, the New Breed – Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von & Kevin Thorn – dealt the ECW Originals – Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer & Sandman – a devastating blow when they defeated them in a WrestleMania Eight-Man Tag Team rematch under Extreme Rules. Despite their loss in front of millions at WrestleMania 23, the New Breed showed they still had blood pumping in their arrogant hearts. This week on ECW on Sci Fi, the Originals will seek revenge when their leader, RVD, takes on explosive New Breeder Cor Von.

Also, the freakish Snitsky annihilated Hardcore Holly at the conclusion of his match with the veteran from Mobile, Ala. The deranged ECW Superstar broke Holly’s arm last week; what level of pain does he have in store on the next ECW on Sci Fi?

Find out tonight at 10/9 CT on ECW on Sci Fi.

"Mr. McManiac" is beyond stupid. Who wants to bet that Vince loves it.

Has Marcus CorVon's name ever been explained? I know wwe wanted the copyright and all, but where did Marquis Cor Von come from originally? Is there a rib in there somewhere or some reference I am missing?

Has Marcus CorVon's name ever been explained? I know wwe wanted the copyright and all, but where did Marquis Cor Von come from originally? Is there a rib in there somewhere or some reference I am missing?

They wanted to have a name trademark, and they couldn't trademark Monty Brown since that's his real name. So they "Garrisoned" it Marcus Cor Von.

They just came up with that name so people wouldn't remember him as Monty Brown

Yeah, I just wondered if there was a story behind the Cor Von choice is all.

I'm thinking that it's for when he turns babyface down the road and they want the fans to be able to chant something, in this case "MCV".

I'm thinking that it's for when he turns babyface down the road and they want the fans to be able to chant something, in this case "MCV".

Even if that were the case, I think people'd be more like to chant "Cor Von" then "MCV".

Even if that were the case, I think people'd be more like to chant "Cor Von" then "MCV".

I think they'd chant "MCV", for the same reason they chant "RVD" rather than "Van Dam".

Guest jonnymack

Great so McMahon's going to have an ongoing feud with Lashley. I think I like it better when he's after someone who can actually cut a good promo. Now it's going to be a 15 minute Vince talk-a-thon followed by Lashley chasing him. Ugh.

This whole McMahon-Lashley feud is very forced and bizarre at this point. Does anyone really want to see Lashley vs the McMahons and Umaga on a pay-per-view?

This whole McMahon-Lashley feud is very forced and bizarre at this point. Does anyone really want to see Lashley vs the McMahons and Umaga on a pay-per-view?

Hardcore WWE fans would plop down their cash for a 3-hour PPV that consisted of a donkey standing in the ring. And nothing else.

How come McMahon isnt punishing Umaga since Umaga losing is the reason that McMahon is bald.

I saw a sign last week on Raw that said, " UMAGA, YOU'RE FIRED!"

Mah, it's not a bad match on the undercard with the SD! ME and the HBK vs Cena vs Orton vs Edge match already selling the PPV. I'm just tired of the one trick pony the booking crew is - Evil Owner vs Talent X. I guess it's became one of those lasting staples in wrestling angles as it has cross demographic mass appeal.

Didn't Cor Von's name just come up in the Observer recently? Where Dave reported that 'someone' said Brown was frustrated with not being able to do the promos, mannerisms, or calling his move the Pounce. Yeah, they'll probably make him job.

Hardcore WWE fans would plop down their cash for a 3-hour PPV that consisted of a donkey standing in the ring. And nothing else.

Don't you mean 3 hours of dick & fart jokes with a 10 minute diva match and the main event being some sort of cage match.

Guest robrabies

I don't want to see Lashley against anyone. I can't imagine a more boring worker, and a worse person on the mic. This guy truly is the black Goldberg.

At least Goldberg looked intimidating with his snarl and grunts while Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesnar both look like giant babies on growth hormones.

Yeah RVD and CM Punk have initials in their names! Not only that they are "unorthodox" fighters and they read graphic novels and listen to metal!

I'm sure CM Punk and RVD have alot in common........

I found that amusing.

Two marijuana users, an alcoholic, and a guy whose probably addicted to painkillers vs a bunch of outcasts.