TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

songmeanings.net

Guest Eagle Man

Yeah, "Brainstew." I used to have that song for that very reason. You also reminded me that I keep neglecting to convert my Chicago albums from vinyl to CD or MP3.

EDIT: Well, just the good ones.

Chicago - You're The Inspiration

by washingtonative91 on 09-05-2005 @ 02:24:28 PM

To think Chicago was once a ground breaking jazz-blues-rock fusion band. SELL-OUTS! Their all sell-outs! This song is the sappiest piece of crap they've ever made.

by washingtonative91 on 09-05-2005 @ 02:26:11 PM

they're*

Guest Eagle Man
They have three good songs and I think I'm being generous when I say that.

25 or 6 to 4, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is, Introduction, Beginnings, Ballet For A Girl In Buchannon, and the last one is a suite so really more like 10.

Queen: Fat Bottomed Girls

Whatstheword: 4-02-2003 / 4:53pm

Love 'em! This is Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy! Loose and juicy and free as a heap big bottomed fanny. I love the feel. It's a celebration and an affirmation. It's the force that held his life together - the guy in the song that is.

Beyonce - "Irreplaceable"

Wow. I usually Go more for Death Metal, Electronica, Hardcore rap, or Math rock, I usually dont listen to any R&B made after the mid nineties, but damn! Beyonce sounds really good on this, and looks really good in it aswell :D (Obligatory Hotness Mention)

Korn - "Freak on a Leash"

bet duke724 likes limp bizkit and blink 182............fucking sellouts!.........sorry for any of u who like them....but anyway ur a fucking judgmental piece of shit.........are u basing this whole satanist thing around their appearance??? cuz if u are, i bet u are a fucking crowd fallower and enjoy only those people that look like u. i bet ur afraid of those people who are "gothic" because ur so damn insecure......AND THAT MY FRIEND IS WHAT I THINK!

~heather~

Savage Garden - "Truly Madly Deeply"

(from "rvdwannabe")

This is easily my favourite song of all time, and possibly the greatest love song that has been written. It sends a chill down my spine when I listen to it. Plus, its the only song I have tried, or would even bother, serenading a girl with!

THIS SONG MAKES ME WANT TO KILL EVERYONE seriously some peoples parents are divorced and this song just encourages it this is a pile of shit wankers. and the people who sing it masturbate with mouldy bananas eww think about the meaning it is horrible. i . want. them. to. die. NOW.

Pussycat Dolls: Don't Cha

THIS SONG MAKES ME WANT TO KILL EVERYONE seriously some peoples parents are divorced and this song just encourages it this is a pile of shit wankers. and the people who sing it masturbate with mouldy bananas eww think about the meaning it is horrible. i . want. them. to. die. NOW.

Pussycat Dolls: Don't Cha

Whoa this might be a front runner

i had never heard of this song till my now boyfriend asked me if i wanted it to be "our" song..he played a little for me and i said "yeah that sounds cute" so that night i downloaded the song so i could hear the whole thing...and of course fell in love with it! i bought the new nelly cd a few days after it came out just coz it had me and my boy's song on it! now..me and my boy have pretty much played out the song coz we both listen to it so much..coz "all i think about is you" hehe...

jahz child, your boyfriend isnt very smart i guess... The song is about a guy who is in love w/ a girl who is in a relationship w/ another guy... so unless you are seeing someone else on the side, get another song

Holy shit. Can't you people speak english? I guess not. Let me spell it out for you all in your own way.

DIS SONG IZ FUCKIN GARBITCH.

by heathyr on 09-13-2002 @ 10:05:54 PM

this song really sucks my non existent penis....

~heather~

by sl0rid3r on 09-14-2002 @ 06:42:32 PM

I kinda like it when somebody sucks my penis. But this song is a perfect fuck song so you gotta love that.

by heathyr on 09-17-2002 @ 09:28:55 PM

ill suck ur penis......nelly still sucks hardcore...

~heather~

YOU BONERS.. this site is called SONGMEANINGS.NET. NOT myopinionofthissong.net

Ha, how amusing, lemme stick some quotes in here:

"THIS SHIT IS BANGIN"

"nelly's new shit bumps"

"This song is TIGHT"

"dam,diz shit iz hot"

"Dis the shit and Kelly blows out Beyonce anyday"

"Damn this shit DA BOMB... Anything from Nelly is off the HOOK!!!!"

"this song used to dope as fuck"

I can't even tell whether half of these are insults or compliments!

"Dilemma" cheered up America because honestly, 2002 was a depressing year. America was reeling in from 9/11, a recession made people lose their jobs.

Nelly- Dilemma

Well, it's a Marconi person(from Maroco, if you never heard of the place) who plays the mamba which I guess is a musicial tool..

Starship- We Built This City

Viva has found his female counterpart.

Dashboard Confessional - "Hands Down"

i've liked dashboard since swiss army romance and i love all the songs...chris is so intense, i feel like i know him, as if he's my close friend because i can relate to every emotion he expresses....this song makes me cry everytime i hear it...the whole chorus "my hopes are so high that you kiss might kill me, so won't you kill me so i'll die happy, my heart is yours to fill or burst, to break or bury, or wear as jewelry, whichever you prefer"....that is just *sigh* amazing, beautiful, so completely great. if he has a girlfriend (which im pretty sure he does) she is so lucky to have someone that could come up with something as amazingly sweet as that...i guess im just a hopeless romantic at heart, but what girl wouldn't kill to hear that from her boyfriend...this is definietly my fave song of the moment...

Ying Yang Twins - "Wait (The Whisper Song)"

I'm going to try very hard to not bash this song, this writer, or anyone who wants to claim this a "good" song.

with that said....

What is music anyways?

Well to me, music is a term that expresses your emotions, feelings, or what your going through in a piece of art. Art that is laid out in lyrics or in different instruments. Music can be expressed in different ways to different people. So in a way there is no such thing as a right or wrong song.

If music, to the Ying Yang Twins, is defined as prooving your the most dirtiest scumbag that ever walked the planet then they deserve an Emmy Award for best song of the year followed close by Candy Shop by Fifty Cent.

I am not saying this to be mean. Because if you are speaking the truth then it really isn't mean, it's just fact. The whole song is not only about sex, which is supposed to be a magical moment with a person you love, but it degrades sex, women, and just humans in general. The whole song is just dirty. I just can't believe anyone would go so low and actually write that song. I don't get it....

I guess in a way I did end up hurting the people who want to claim this a "good" song, and I am sorry if I offended anyone. I try not to post these comments since I would hate if someone would bash an artist who I think is really good. But, songs like this just stay in my mind becuase it absolutely amazes me how people can listen to it. These songs stay in my mind until I talk or write about them. I don't care if anyone doesn't like my opinion. I dont care if anyone reads this at all. This comment was more for me then anyone else.Becuase I doubt someone who likes this song and reads my comment will actually see my point of view. And I get that. I understand that since we all have different opinions. But I guess I needed to get this out for me. Now I am sounding repetitive, but oh well I really don't care what anyone else thinks or says.

Nine Inch Nails - Capital G

THIS SONG FUCKING KICKS ASS!!! IT'S ABOUT BLOWING THE FUCK OUT OF IRAQ!!! FUCK ALL THOSE PUSSY ASS MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

Billy Tallent - "Nothing To Lose"

by heartagramofhim on 12-15-2004 @ 12:03:31 AM

ya this song is about a kid in my city (brampton) who killed himself after people bullied him and then someone gave him a quarter to go kill himself....he went to notre dame highschool or something

by heartagramofhim on 12-15-2004 @ 11:51:24 PM

ya, i wonder what the guys in BT would do if they got a hold of the kids who offered that kid the quarter

by s1ckn3$$ on 12-16-2004 @ 12:01:01 AM

yo heatagramofhim u know that kid who killed himself?

by heartagramofhim on 12-16-2004 @ 06:36:11 AM

i didn't know him, i just know he lived not to far from me, maybe like 10 15 min

by s1ckn3$$ on 12-17-2004 @ 04:52:50 AM

wow that's pretty cool..so ur saying u guys went to the same school but u've never seen him before

by heartagramofhim on 12-17-2004 @ 10:24:29 PM

well no, his school wasn't to far from mine maybe 10 15 minutes or so, see our city is devided into sections, bramelea, springdale, heartlake, etc i'm pretty sure he lived in the spring dale section OR hearlate which is still pretty damn close to me

by lucky_guess_rox on 12-19-2004 @ 01:40:02 AM

Wierd... this will sound really stupid but whats a quarter?

by heartagramofhim on 12-19-2004 @ 11:06:30 PM

25 Cents (Canadian)

by sexy_lunchbox on 12-21-2004 @ 04:27:49 PM

How do you kill yourself with that?

by s1ckn3$$ on 12-22-2004 @ 05:17:22 AM

wow heartagramofhim lol that's pretty kool i live in b.c by the way

by heartagramofhim on 12-22-2004 @ 06:45:19 AM

he didn't kill himself with the 25 cents, the guys gave him 25 cents to kill himself, they paid him to kill himself

by s1ckn3$$ on 12-23-2004 @ 12:02:04 AM

By the way heartagramofhim did he kill himself just like the kid in the video like is that how he died

by heartagramofhim on 12-23-2004 @ 06:52:21 PM

im not sure how he killed himself, the articles just say he was found dead, doesn't say how

by thusispeak on 12-25-2004 @ 04:38:02 AM

in the clip, how did he kill himself? i didnt get it.

by mornzzz on 12-25-2004 @ 08:45:07 AM

hahaha that convo is hilarious... anyways... its such a sad song.. love the band! love the song! love the video!! billy talent is the best punk band ive heard lately (not really my kind of music)... and hey im from BC too!! lolzz... vancouver... sorry jst felt like saying

by s1ckn3$$ on 12-27-2004 @ 03:24:35 AM

he killed himself by carbon menoxide put a pipe in ur exhaust turn on the car and close all the windows.......a gas u'll suffocate................cool way to die though painless.......

Deftones - My Own Summer

"Oh my god! It's so fucken hot!" as he stares at the sun and slowly raises his arm with an offensive appendage raised and directed toward the giant ball of gas. "FUCK YOU!" Then he closes the shades and sits down with a paper&pen and starts to write about the heat.

...at least that's how I always envisioned it...

Man, the Slipknot folder has got some gold.

Wait and Bleed

THIS SONG GETS ME SO PUMPED! IT MAKES ME WANT TO KILL SOMEONE!! I LOVE FEELING THE ANGER OVER THE INJUSTICE OF BEING MALE, MIDDLE CLASS AND WHITE!! THAT'S WHAT DETERMINES THE AESTHETIC VALUE OF A SONG!! I FEEL ANGRY NOW, BUT THAT'S JUST UNTIL I GET BEAT UP IN GYM CLASS, THEN I'LL COWER IN A CORNER. SLIPKNOT RULES!!!!

Plague Me

i dont see why any moron would listen to this garbage called music, much less a fairly intellegent individual, couldnt give me this music, much less would i pay for it to support these kind of habbits

You, my friend, are an Idiot...

This Song, and the rest of Slipknots songs all kick ass...

1. you don't have to be depressed to enjoy their music...

2. It is Music (Nu-Metal)

3. Anyone who doesn't like slipknot is a moron...

Corey Taylor has one of the best singing voices I'v ever heard...

But not as good as Jacoby Shaddix's vocals...

That last one has to be a joke.

Coal Chamber - Loco

this is about steam and coal and steamrollers and shit

That one just made me laugh.

Hinder - "Lips of an Angel"

I can't even explain how much this song means to me.

*Deep breath*

In a small town softball tournament that I wasn't playing in but got roped into being there (I'm from a big city normally but anyways) I ended up having a lot of fun because my cousins snuck me into the beer gardens and I met the boy of my dreams.

We talked for hours and didn't realize how much time had passed. He texted me the whole weekend. We had the most perfect kiss under the northern lights & the stars after which he said "I just had to make sure there was a spark" and I said "Was there?" and he said "So much that it hurt."

And he has a girlfriend.

He told me the other day that this song made him miss me.

*End stupid stories*

Ministry - "N.W.O."

You guys don't know what you're talking about. This song's about Hulk Hogan.

Thanks. Sodas on my monitor now.

GWAR-"Fishfuck"

a] It's about fucking your mum with a fish.

b] Gwar's shock tactics are so extreme, that this contribution goes full circle and comes out as just being ridiculous. There's only so far you can go, and there's only such a thick tolerance that your receivers will build up before you're effectively bouncing offences and expletives off a brick wall. On the other hand, Gwar could feel a sense of disgust, repression and disappointment in their nurture, so much so that this sets them up as being anarchic, shameless Ubermensches, intentionally but transparently brimming with pseudo-immorality. The punishment through penetration with said fish [species specified] is a harking back to the womb because the subject feels let down by reality [whatever reality is taken to be here], and the most effectively and closest method of retreat is not through the world's exit [natural death/suicide], but through it's entrance. Why choose a fish as a medium and facilitator, though? Maybe a fish's main physical attribute is its sleekness, and Gwar feel this may facilitate their re-entry into their beginnings. The haranguing through 'slut, whore' purports that their births were mistakes and being brought into the world by such was purely a passion-driven oversite by their parents. The song's purpose is thus to warn, prevent, punish, disgust, humour and humiliate.

Slayer-"Angel of Death"

its like slayer are called nazi for right a song about killin jews and shit, but its ok for some dude to make a movie about it, or movies about slavery. thats fucking fucked up to fuckin hell. fuckin piss me of.

Weezer - "Tired of Sex"

I dont think its about a one night stand, i think that emo_savestheday pretty much got it right. He can get any girl he wants and all the sex he wants but he wants it to mean something ... but, if Rivers ever asked me for sex ... jesus, i wouldn't let him go home ...

Cannibal Corpse - A Skull Full Of Maggots

Yeah seriously there asshole why would look at lyrics to the song if you don't even like the band, and as for comparing them to Nsync...Are you gay or something, do you actually listen to Nsync? Jesus Christ. Maybe you should bad mouth Slipknot...and see how many teeth get knocked out of your fucking skull you poppy asshole.

Slipknot isn't pop :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DEFTONIUS:Slipknot fucking sucks shit. it's pop music for angsty suburban pre-teens who can't stay up past their bedtime. And what if BIG KEEN was gay? what would that matter? don't be so fucking ignorant. although he never mentioned homosexuality at all, and used 'n sync as the last band that sucked as hard as this one. which could be accurate, really.

Yeah! Tell that bitch how it is! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Cannibal Corpse - Blunt Force Castration

Smash his scrotum sac

Allered ferociously

Survived this attack

Sterile now left to bleed

Emptied in the crotch

Gonads reduced to pulp

Hateful remedy

Void of sexuality

Sledgehammer destroys

Groin tattered and maimed

Emasculate

Crushing the testicles fast

Debillitate

Cutting off the penis last

Macerate

Deforming

Enervate

Caponized

Detached genitals

Mangled between the thighs

Gelded painfully

Transformed before his eyes

Blood spews everywhere

Deprived of virility

Sledgehammer destroys

Groin tattered and maimed

Inactive

She crushed the testicles fast

Disintegrate

She cut off the penis last

Macerate

Deforming

Enervate

Caponized

Blunt force castration

Giving life is done

Blunt force castration

Desexualized

Blunt force castration

Macerate

Deforming

Enervate

Caponized

Smash his scrotum sac

Altered ferociously

Survived this attack

Sterile now left to bleed

Hateful remedy

Void of sexuality

Sledgehammer destroys

Castrated with blunt force

"Inactive

SHE crushed the testicles fast

Disintegrate

SHE cut off the penis last"

I'm going to assume the songs about a girl smashing the balls.

I'm just throwing this out there, but could it be about getting brutally used by a girl, and feeling ALOT less of a man because of it? Like unrecoverably less a man?

I don't think that's what this song is about at all!