TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Its a shame the music score can't be nominated because I thought it was very eerie and effective. I think this movie could be nominated for best picture, but we'll just have to wait and see. I really think this movie should win for cinematography. There were some camera shots in this film that I thought were great, especially if you've seen it in IMAX.

Guest Smues

The soundtrack of one note that starts soft and gets louder for 5 minutes can't win an oscar? Oh the humanity.

Yeah, that one note is more effective than Danny Elfman's entire, overblown score and adds to the movie's overall guttural atmosphere (I hate to use vague buzzwords but this made people I know dizzy and that's something for a movie tot do) in ways that few scores do.

I still can't figure out why the Oscars matter.

The Oscars matter because they are the largest voting body that awards prizes to movies, and people like awards.

It seems a lot of the time stuff wins just so the directors can say "Fuck you! We don't care what people think. What we think is all that matters".

Well, moviegoers don't vote on the awards, so of course what they think matters. I know what you're going for, but I don't think the Academy has been contrarian recently.

And Chicago, save for Richard Gere's singing, was a great movie that deserved its Best Picture award.

The soundtrack of one note that starts soft and gets louder for 5 minutes can't win an oscar? Oh the humanity.

I'm guessing you didn't like the scene where Harvey Dent wakes up in the hospital then? I thought that was the best music part of the movie, where you see him screaming, and the siren noise gets very loud.

I told someone else to order it for me as a Christmas present. And by "told", I mean I logged in under their account, picked 4 DVDs and nicely asked if that was cool for Christmas.

I don't own BATMAN BEGINS, and I probably won't be picking this one up either. I'm saving my money for REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA and MY NAME IS BRUCE. TDK didn't impress me much, as I saw it the same weekend as HELLBOY II and enjoyed HBII much, much more.

So has anyone pre-ordered the DVD?

I pre-ordered the bluray from amazon.com this past Friday for only $23......

Pre-Ordered my Blu a while back and coupled it with Lost season 4 Blu...so unfortunately I have to wait an extra week.

I'm getting a Blu Ray player for Christmas and this will definitely be one of the movies I want for it. I really want to see what the IMAX scenes look like on Blu Ray.

I've gotten my hands on a review copy of The Dark Knight Blu-ray, and the picture quality is stunning. The I-MAX sequence fill out a widescreen with an aspect ratio of 1.78 (slightly cropped from the I-MAX 1.44), then it shrinks back to the an aspect ratio of 2.35 for the 30mm filmed sections.

The Hong Kong sequence in particular is amazing, the images are sharper, the colours are more vivid, the blacks are deep, and background details are amazing (such as the cars driving at ground level).

The transitioning between aspect ratio's is very easy on the eyes, you wouldn't notice it if the picture wasn't so amazing that it makes you gasp.

Easily the best image ever produced on my HD set.

Yeah, that one note is more effective than Danny Elfman's entire, overblown score and adds to the movie's overall guttural atmosphere (I hate to use vague buzzwords but this made people I know dizzy and that's something for a movie tot do) in ways that few scores do.

Speaking of Soundtrack, Here's good news for fans of Batman:The Animated Series: LA LA Land Records will be releasing the score to the show. Orders begin December 12th, and shipping starts Dec. 16th.

Yes.

Edit---There are some things to consider if you are thinking of replacing your DVD player with a Blue Ray, though.

Not all Blu-Ray players do things your current DVD might be able to do. You need to check and make sure it will play all of the disc types that you currently use, including CDs. Read the specs on every player before making your purchase.

Not all Blu-Ray players do things your current DVD might be able to do. You need to check and make sure it will play all of the disc types that you currently use, including CDs. Read the specs on every player before making your purchase.

Well, the one that I'm getting is the normal Sony one. Is that good? :(

The normal Sony one? Shit yeah! Just make sure you get the normal Sony one.

Yeah, I love Sony, and pretty much anything electronic I get is Sony, so I figured I might as well should get the blu ray player from the company that invented it.

Honestly.. the best BRD player, IMO, is the PS3. It's nicely priced, it's made by Sony, you get the gaming system along with it of course, and the best part is that you get all firmware updates automatically as soon as you sign in. No need to worry about "flashing memory" and downloading updates from a website. :)

The biggest con I've found for replacing regular DVD players with a BRD player is that most standard DVD animated stuff looks like total ASS via a BRD on an HDTV. Even on a regular DVD playon on HDTV it's passable.. but the BRD player upscales to a point where you see ever flaw and inconsistency you'd normally never see.

The normal Sony one? Shit yeah! Just make sure you get the normal Sony one.

Yeah, I love Sony, and pretty much anything electronic I get is Sony, so I figured I might as well should get the blu ray player from the company that invented it.

I was being sarcastic, but you missed it. Sony, in some aggressive marketing scheme, has produced more than one model of Blu-Ray player. You might want to check into that.

was being sarcastic, but you missed it. Sony, in some aggressive marketing scheme, has produced more than one model of Blu-Ray player. You might want to check into that.

Well, the one I see at stores is the one that has the blue frame, and its actually kind of small looking, and normally sells for about $299.99. Isn't the blu ray player supposed to make regular DVDs look HD? I know they probably won't look as good as the blu ray discs, but I thought it was supposed to make them look better.

was being sarcastic, but you missed it. Sony, in some aggressive marketing scheme, has produced more than one model of Blu-Ray player. You might want to check into that.

Well, the one I see at stores is the one that has the blue frame, and its actually kind of small looking, and normally sells for about $299.99. Isn't the blu ray player supposed to make regular DVDs look HD? I know they probably won't look as good as the blu ray discs, but I thought it was supposed to make them look better.

Yeah, Blue Ray players are supposed to upconvert regular DVDs, at least I know that occurs with the PS3....