TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The Undertaker tears his bicep.

It's time to finally do Batista/Henry. Get that out of the way before Batista tears something and joins Taker.

Well, putting him with Mark Henry is kinda the antithesis to keeping him injury free, surely?

Hey now, Mark Henry doesn't injure people.

Taker did have a long reign in 1997.

March 24-August 3 isn't that long. It was his longest, but definitely not to the standards we're used to today.

Did Kennedy just step into a title reign or what? I knew there was something off about him doing that promo on Raw, since he's a Smackdown guy and all. I would have liked to see Kennedy end a longer UT reign, but the situation calls for it. It's a shame UT went down. I can't remember the last time he was severely injured since the neck injury in 99-2000. As far as I know, the absence in 03-04 was just to build up the gimmick change.

4 and a 1/2, thank you! In 97, you had Sid holding the title for 2 months (holdover from 96), Michaels for 3 weeks, Bret Hart for 1 day, Sid for a month and change. Then Taker held it until August defeating the likes of bitter for Mankind, hot new face Steve Austin, the guy who could main event any arena in the country, Faarooq (ok... maybe not), and the Man They Called Vader until losing it to Bret Hart.

Bret Hart went on to face The Patriot in a sub-main event to The Undertaker vs HBK, not defend it at all the next PPV, then we know what happened after that.

To me, especially in this fast paced world with sometimes TWO PPVs for months, 4.5 months is pretty good, but probably couldn't call it "long term".

I kind of dig the idea of an old-school style title tournament. We haven't really had one since what? Survivor Series 98?

Maybe Vince or Shane can just win this belt too, though I would like to think even they recognize something like that (for more than a novelty of a day) would be stupid.

Guest jonnymack

This just sucks as I was looking forward to the next installment of Batista/Taker in the ring. SD is really hurting for main eventers, looks like Orton's potential "demotion" could increase his face time on TV. Just a bummer as he's been putting on some kick ass matches lately. But I'm all for Kennedy getting the belt, he's ready to shine on the main stage.

At this point, Smackdown doesn't have anyone that really stands out in a big enough to match with Cena. Undertaker was an appealing attraction but as far as carrying the show, that was a stretch. Smackdown is a fine enough product but it's completely bland. It doesn't have the star attraction that Raw has or a hot storyline to carry the show. It's just there. Yeah, you can put the title back on Batista until he tears another limb and you're right back where you started from.

I liked the idea of Kennedy being patient until WM24. I do question the ability of WWE to hold off on rushing that stipulation. A heel being intelligent enough to wait for the big stage was a good idea but I fear they will panic and try to make something of Undertaker's injury and have Kennedy take advantage. Setting Batista-Kennedy again. While they had ok matches, it was a bland angle. Tournaments are always fun, and they can do one across the promotion from ECW and Raw as well. You can do a one night 16 man tournament and the Khali-Cena match as the headline. Just avoid the battle royal rehash. Either set up a #1 contenders series or a one night tournament. Short of shipping Edge or Umaga over to SD as a new top heel (or even Orton), it seems the only options on SD are Batista, Kennedy and maybe since there was talk awhile back, of doing finally getting Kane back in the title picture and giving him a gold watch run. Batista snapping and taking out his brother is a generic but possibly effective route to go.

Batista is the only person that makes sense to win the belt back right now.

Maybe but you're going to be right back here in a couple months and even if you put the title on him, what do you do? Do the dreaded Henry deal, have Kane seek revenge for his brother? Go right back to Kennedy-Batista? Move Orton, Umaga, Edge over as the new main heel? Not many exciting options.

Not really. Batista's 2nd run with the belt was abysmal due to the utter shittiness of his matches with people not named The Undertaker. I don't even think Batista warrants an emergency title reign.

At least with the timing, they can easily announce he suffered a major injury IN the match at Backlash. That would make sense from a storyline perspective and give them an easy out.

--While nothing is official until Dr. James Andrews makes his conclusions regarding Undertaker's torn biceps, as things are believed at this moment, the planned Undertaker vs. Batista main event for Judgment Day is off..

How about Undertaker vacates the title due to injury. Teddy Long announces a tournament will take place for the title and shows the bracketing. Before he can leave, Kennedy comes out and says he's cashing in his MITB title shot. Long says he can't because there is no champion. Kennedy says the MITB privilege grants him a chance at the title but doesn't say he has to actually beat someone for the title. Long is forced to agree, because Kennedy is technically correct, and because the title is vacant, Kennedy 'wins by default' and is declared the new World champion. The tournament can then be for first crack at Kennedy.

How about Undertaker vacates the title due to injury. Teddy Long announces a tournament will take place for the title and shows the bracketing. Before he can leave, Kennedy comes out and says he's cashing in his MITB title shot. Long says he can't because there is no champion. Kennedy says the MITB privilege grants him a chance at the title but doesn't say he has to actually beat someone for the title. Long is forced to agree, because Kennedy is technically correct, and because the title is vacant, Kennedy 'wins by default' and is declared the new World champion. The tournament can then be for first crack at Kennedy.

I like that in theory, but it rubs me the wrong way to have Kennedy do something that cowardly right now. That's worse than beating someone after they just finished a really rough match. I like the idea, but that's now how I'd like to see Kennedy's title reign start. I'd be all for something like that if he had already been champ in the past, or something.

Also, I know that it's just about the same thing, but instead of Taker vacating the title, have Teddy Long strip him of the title since he has received orders from a doctor that taker is injured and isn't going to be able to wrestle. I don't like the idea of Taker just handing the title over.

I know all of that is just picky stuff, but there ya go.

Look at the Smackdown roster. It looks like Afghanistan, it is bombed out and depleted. Tonight I would have MVP beat Benoit for the US title. Next week I would have Benoit win the World title. Then you already have your first World Title feud set up and you have the belt on someone who is over, credible and can have a good match with the majority of the roster.

Or, if WWE really wants to keep RVD why not take a shot and offer him Big Gold if he re-signs? SD and ECW are taped on the same night so he could still be on both shows.

I think the idea of Kennedy cashing in MITB at WM 24 is genius. They need to leave it alone.

The more I think about it, Kane-Batista seems to be the way to go. Vince usually goes to the big man in a crisis and Kane seems logical enough to step in his brother's place. He deserves a gold watch reign for the shit he's put through.

I like Kennedy but to me that screams of the night that Bischoff handed HHH the world title.

I like Kennedy but to me that screams of the night that Bischoff handed HHH the world title.

HHH didn't do anything to warrant a title shot let alone being given a world title. Kennedy did win the MITB which means he did earn a chance at the title. I think it makes him look pretty clever to find a way to exploit the MITB opportunity so that he can get the title without having to beat anyone.

The more I think about it, Kane-Batista seems to be the way to go. Vince usually goes to the big man in a crisis and Kane seems logical enough to step in his brother's place. He deserves a gold watch reign for the shit he's put through.

Depending on which version of Kane we get, I'd be up for a Kane title run and feud with Batista.

Itd be interesting to see if Taker could make it back for WM 24..otherwise, I think youd strongly have to consider that Taker will probably never wrestle at WM Again (next shot @ WM 25 in 2009).

If he's out for six to eight months, then he could be back in time to return at the Rumble. He'd make a great mystery entrant.

Itd be interesting to see if Taker could make it back for WM 24..otherwise, I think youd strongly have to consider that Taker will probably never wrestle at WM Again (next shot @ WM 25 in 2009).

If he's out for six to eight months, then he could be back in time to return at the Rumble. He'd make a great mystery entrant.

sounds a little like what HHH did

And if they push it like they did with Hunter's return from injury, something I don't think they've done for someone since Hunter, it might do the same kind of big business.

And if they push it like they did with Hunter's return from injury, something I don't think they've done for someone since Hunter, it might do the same kind of big business.

Cue the "My Sacrifice" ripoff video for Taker.

LOL it'd actually be kinda funny if they went with "My Sacrifice" again for Taker haha

i don't think they'll do that because of the whole Dead Man i can't be hurt thing...so i'd rather see the royal rumble 94 or buried allive 03 thing happen to him...you know make it looked like he got fucked up royaly and loses the title so he can come back looking even in better shape then he is now.....I don't know..maybe a casket match and throw it off a bridge or something...hell i don't know

Have Paul Bearer come back for his revenge and bury Undertaker in cement. Then Bearer becomes Kane's manager, Kane wins a tournament for the title, and goes on an evil monster heel title reign until 'Taker comes back from the dead.

OK, yeah, it would suck.

I do like the idea of Benoit winning the title in surprise fashion, then have MVP win the US title, but not be able to beat Benoit for the World title.