TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Shirley Manson is hilariously bad. Didn't they check to see if she could act before they hired her? The way she delivers her lines is just awful. And its not like this is a show full of award winning acting, so she must be really bad to stand out like that.

Anyway, there are two theories going around on why fox picked it up for the rest of the season 1) they do have a lot of faith in it, and want some crossover promotion with the new terminator film or 2) they know for a fact they're not doing a third season, but want to give them a chance to wrap up the story.

I am trying to figure out Ellis. Is he on the side of the Connor's and just trying to get as much inside info he can from Shirley Manson in order to get the info back to the Connors? I don't think so cause you'd think he would have told all of them about her in the first place.

Was not at all expecting Riley reveal. Just thought she was annoying and kind of dumb. Now, it's kind of awesome that she's from the future and working John for Jesse.

If what Jesse says about Future John is true, they are ruining the character for me - going exactly where I hoped they'd never go. I hate it.

If what Jesse says about Future John is true, they are ruining the character for me - going exactly where I hoped they'd never go. I hate it.

explain...

explain...

I love Terminator. Huge T1 and T2 fan. And I feel like what I love most about it is being destroyed. Sarah's dreams having meaning (still think that one's possible). John being wrapped up in machines, having no people, no connections, not being healthier than his mother. In T2, he was teaching the Terminator to be a person - he didn't grow away from people, but brought Uncle Bob closer. John Connor as humanity's savior and making those right choices that I loved. Now he's ruined, if this is true. He's disconnected from humanity, he's hurting instead of helping, not valuing individuals. I expect people to die in the war against the machines, but their lives being thrown away is just unacceptable.

If, in any reality, John Connor is how Jesse makes him sound, then they've ruined him. My enthusiasm level has plummeted. I've gone from optimistic about the season/show/franchise to depressed. Hopefully that will change soon, or else I won't keep watching. You ruin John Connor (including FutureJohn) and you ruin Terminator. Nothing left worth anything.

So, this show is almost certainly getting cancelled now. It only got 3.71 million viewers and was last in it's timeslot for it's return episode. I was hoping the terminator salvation hype would help the show's second season, but it never happened.

Isn't the show on Friday Nights now? I didn't even know it came back on until yesterday when I saw the full episode was on imdb.com

Yeah, although it might be doing too bad even for Friday nights. Rumour has it, after the disasterous rating for Friday, Fox might just not show the rest of the episodes, and put prison break in that spot, and try to salvage Dollhouse.

Friday Night is a horrible timeslot. Especially for the targeted demographic. Hard to expect much, but do ratings also account for DVR and Tivo? Cause I didn't watch it until Saturday.

I thought the episode was decent.

Isn't the show on Friday Nights now? I didn't even know it came back on until yesterday when I saw the full episode was on imdb.com

Yeah, although it might be doing too bad even for Friday nights. Rumour has it, after the disasterous rating for Friday, Fox might just not show the rest of the episodes, and put prison break in that spot, and try to salvage Dollhouse.

Prison Break isn't coming back until April, though. And it is already supposed to be placed in the Terminator spot when all the episodes are aired of it.

Prison Break isn't coming back until April, though. And it is already supposed to be placed in the Terminator spot when all the episodes are aired of it.

Yeah, but I meant they might push it up, to help dollhouse.

Yeah, but I meant they might push it up, to help dollhouse.

Considering Prison Break is already announced as being cancelled once they fill out their run of episodes, I doubt they will do it. Ultimately, Friday nights are damn near impossible to pop a decent rating for anything, so dare I say Fox almost may have expected SCC to dip down a bit in the ratings when they moved it. I sure as shit know they didn't really push a ton of advertising for the move.....if it wasn't automatically recorded on my DVR, I would have totally missed it.

I didn't realize the show was returning, or that it was changed to Friday nights until I saw that it was on my DVR. Friday night is where they send shows to die.

I would really be pissed about that if this last show wasn't so bad. The "Dawson Creek" style Kyle Reese was really too much for me to handle. Worst episode of the series.

I didn't realize the show was returning, or that it was changed to Friday nights until I saw that it was on my DVR. Friday night is where they send shows to die.

I would really be pissed about that if this last show wasn't so bad. The "Dawson Creek" style Kyle Reese was really too much for me to handle. Worst episode of the series.

Yeah, I wasn't very impressed with the return episode either.