TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Could an alligator

Where are the stairs located?

I'd imagine they're outside a house leading to someone's doorway.. In which case it would just look like a wall to the alligator, and why would he climb the stairs just to hit a wall?

If he's inside a house maybe he would, because he might be panicing and looking for a way out.

Are the stairs just in the middle of nowhere? If that's the case then he'd likely just go around them.

Anyways, I keep answering the question, would he climb them.

Could he climb them? My final answer is yes.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I'm still not sure, but a chain link fence would be easier for them than stairs, I'd imagine.

If it's large, the gator could use its weight to topple it.

I searched google for an answer but found nothing. Just a story of Katrina survivors going downstairs after the storm and coming across a 12ft gator in their living room eating a deer.

I'm still not sure, but a chain link fence would be easier for them than stairs, I'd imagine.

If it's large, the gator could use its weight to topple it.

Or just scoot under it.

Those chain link fences are secure on the top, but if there's so much as an inch between the bottom of the fence and the actual ground, it can be bent up enough to fit a person. We used to bend the fences up at the junkyard to get inside. A gator could slip through there, his skin is tough, so once he sees that he can get under the fence and the fence will bend enough to let him through.

As for the stairs, no. Unless we're talking some kind of longer, flat stairs. Like you'd have on a natural sloping ground. If we're talking a set of stairs in a ranch styled house, no way.

I searched google for an answer but found nothing. Just a story of Katrina survivors going downstairs after the storm and coming across a 12ft gator in their living room eating a deer.

Holy shit!

Guest George's Box
I'd say no.

I like topics such as these. Like "how many 5 year olds could you beat up?"

Now that's a great question. I'm assuming I could beat up somewhere between 5 and 8.

My weird question I posed here was whether it was better to be crushed above an elevator car or below it.

Holy shit!

Indeed. I came across that too, whilst searching for answers to this question. Pretty interesting story, actually.

There was a thread, also, about the other hypothetical (the one not posed by Czech), 'How many 5-year-olds could you beat up?'

I'd say no.

I like topics such as these. Like "how many 5 year olds could you beat up?"

Now that's a great question. I'm assuming I could beat up somewhere between 5 and 8.

5 to 8?

I'd say I could take more like 50-100. If you think about it... Not like they'd be organized and all tackle you at once and hold you down.. One swing to the face or boot to each one and they'd be taken out. I imagine it something like swatting flys away.

And you've only got two hands and two feet, so even if you jumped in the air and did some crazy Matrix move that also included a headbutt, you'd only be able to hit 5 kids at once, and there'd still be 45 more charging you, punching you in the balls.

Not like they'd be organized and all tackle you at once and hold you down

I dunno that they'd hold you down, but I doubt they'd attack black ninja style. Nobody actually attacks like that. They'd swarm.

Furthermore, I dunno that a gator could climb stairs, but I still wouldn't trust a flight of steps to keep me safe.

Not like they'd be organized and all tackle you at once and hold you down

I dunno that they'd hold you down, but I doubt they'd attack black ninja style. Nobody actually attacks like that. They'd swarm.

But still, they wouldn't be able to actually hurt you. The most they could do is bite. Maybe the whole balls shot thing too..

I still think I could swing my arms around and take tons of them out...

I'd even be able to pick one up by his legs and swing him around. That would knock a good bunch out.

I figure I could take out at least 100 between my little bit of jin-jitsu knowledge along with the marine H2H combat techniques taught to me both by my father and the recruiters.

I just imagine that after 100 my hands would have numerous breaks in them from punching 5 year old craniums and I'd also be winded and hurting from the many kicks to my shins.

Are there spaces between the steps or no? Like, are these the types of steps that have a filler between the two steps or are they like the ones youd find in an apartment that have an open space between each step? If its the former, I think he could do it because he might be able to get some sort of traction on the insert, if its the latter, then no.

Since I just referred to this thread in the Zoo thing in GC, I suppose an update's in order.

We eventually compromised on my buying a day's worth of coffee each for two co-workers. Neither of them had any proof, but they both disagreed with me. One of them was from South Africa and the other was from Guatemala, both croc-native countries; that kinda trumped, what with my being Canadian. I left the job a month later, unrelated.

Big news, ladies and gentlemen.

This Wednesday, during a practise round at the PGA tour's stop in New Orleans, an alligator walked across the 10th fairway with three players on it. No attacks or anything (in fact, Davis Love stood watching it, taking a picture with his camera phone), but it opens the door for a point to be trumped:

The gator on the golf course (not just living in a pond on the course) negates the case "Why would it climb the steps?" I think the fairway is a symbolic staircase.

Not necessarily. Walking across a fairway is just like walking anywhere.

Walking up the stairs would require a ton of effort for an alligator and the fairway doesn't answer why it would do something that requires far more effort than normal.

26? Psht, fuck that. 26? That's about the size of an average kindergarten class around here. I can easily go through at least one class room.

I can also only take 26. Since I have an athletic build, have martial arts experience and am willing to fight dirty, I am wondering how you score higher?

I sent this question to mythbusters. Hopefully they answer.

I really hope you mean the gator question.

Not that I wish ill regarding the thread being taken over, but should anything affilliated with TSM be put on display? Probably not.

I can also only take 26. Since I have an athletic build, have martial arts experience and am willing to fight dirty, I am wondering how you score higher?

I have a long reach, that might have gotten me a couple more kids.

I sent this question to mythbusters. Hopefully they answer.

I really hope you mean the gator question.

Not that I wish ill regarding the thread being taken over, but should anything affilliated with TSM be put on display? Probably not.

Yes, the gator question.

I can knock down 39 kids!