TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny B Radd

SmackDown Spoilers for 5/25

Guest Johnny B Radd

Credit PWI

Dark Match:

-Chuck Palumbo pinned Daivari following a TKO.

Smackdown:

-WWE World champion Edge comes to the ring and cuts a promo recapping the last several weeks. Teddy Long comes out and sets up the Four Way Main Event with Batista vs. Kane vs. Finlay vs. Mark Henry where the winner wrestles Edge at One Night Stand.

-Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated William Regal & Dave Taylor viam DQ when WWE Tag Team champions Deuce & Domino, at ringside, interfered. All three teams brawled.

-They announce Vicky Guerrero is the new Assistant General Manager.

-PPV recap.

-Matt Hardy defeated The Miz with Twist of Fate. Lots of false finishes.

-Backstage, Mark Henry does a promo about tonight's main event.

-WWE United States champion MVP comes to the ring in a Ford Mustang. He gives a victory speech and calls out Chris Benoit. Benoit comes to the ring and MVP offers a handshake. Benoit gives it to him. MVP tells Benoit to raise his hand, but instead gets his with a German suplex and chopped. MVP retreats.

-They aire the Timbaland music video.

-Kane does a promo about the main event.

-Jimmy Wang Yang defeated WWE Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero in a non-title match after reversing a sunset bomb.

-Kristal Marshall interviews Batista.

-The Four Way main event is now in the ring. WWE World champion Edge is at ringside commentating.

- Four-Way: Batista vs. Mark Henry vs. Kane vs. Finlay. Lots of brawling in the match and several false finishes. Batista nails the Batista bomb on Finlay for the win. It's Batista vs. Edge at One Night Stand. Batista and Edge face off to close the show..

Care to guess what type of match Edge/Batista will be at ONS?

Just wondering but do they not know when to end feuds at all anymore? It's like the same exact card from Judgment Day except now all the matches at ONS will be Extreme Rules. Honestly, why give Batista another title shot? We know he's just going to job again. Why continue Benoit vs. MVP when we now know MVP can beat Benoit and thus Benoit isn't going to get the US title back?

Guest Johnny B Radd

According to a report from Wrestlingobserver, Edge vs Batista at ONS will be a Steel Cage match.

According to a report from Wrestlingobserver, Edge vs Batista at ONS will be a Steel Cage match.

Wow, so it sounds like every match at ONS will be an extreme rules match WITH another gimmick....overkill anyone?

Guest krippler27

And TNA Lockdown isn't? This is actually shaping up to be WCW Uncensored.

Guest aaron24wood

It does seem that it's verging on overkill, but at least unlike TNA's Lockdown, they are variations on No-DQ situations, at least in the case of Cena/Khali and Vince/Lashley, whereas TNA has cage matches & something else. Not variations of cage matches.

How can a cage match not be extreme rules? Are they going to DQ you for using the cage as your weapon?

How can a cage match not be extreme rules? Are they going to DQ you for using the cage as your weapon?

The only real "rules" in a cage match involves whether or not it's escape or pinfall (or both) for victory. Everything else is legal. That's why guys can bring in chairs or, if other people can actually get in (which defeats the purpose of the stipulation entirely) they can join in on the beating too.

I actually really hate it when other people get involved in steel cage matches OUTSIDE of a few small exceptions, those being the formation of the new DX against Funk and Foley and the debut of Kane in the HIAC (which is pretty much the same thing). That's it. I would say I don't mind people having the door closed on their heads, but that's becoming overkill now too.

A Hell in Cell for a feud that has barely begun?

A falls count anywhere for a feud that's barely begun..

A Cage match for a feud that's barely begun...

What's the difference?

I think people are overthinking everything

Edge in a HIAC match is something I'd really like to see. Batista though? If he pulls his socks up and puts in a WM/Backlash performance it could be very good, but if he does it like he did JD then it could be atrocious.

What's the difference?

With falls count anywhere, it makes sense for Cena/Khali with the foot under the rope deal. I don't even like Edge/Batista in a cage either, let alone a HIAC. It should just be a straight up no holds barred match.

What's the difference?

With falls count anywhere, it makes sense for Cena/Khali with the foot under the rope deal. I don't even like Edge/Batista in a cage either, let alone a HIAC. It should just be a straight up no holds barred match.

I'd rather see that myself...im just going by the Spoilers Supposedly...

Edge was great on commentary during the main event. The match itself was good, but a little too short.

Guest aaron24wood
Edge was great on commentary during the main event. The match itself was good, but a little too short.

Nah, I think it was the right length. If they had gone longer, it'd have gotten repetitive, given how therewas Batista, Kane & Henry in there. Pretty good though show.

i really hate wwe cage matches because of the stipulation that you can win by just going out the door, which the refs open up for you, at any time because there are SO many chances in a cage match which would allow a person to just walk on out with no problem. not to mention the fact that it looks even dumber for someone to try and climb over the cage when they could just walk out. its just stupid and i cant ever get into any catch match for that reason. one of the stipulations ive ever seen.

i really hate wwe cage matches because of the stipulation that you can win by just going out the door, which the refs open up for you, at any time because there are SO many chances in a cage match which would allow a person to just walk on out with no problem. not to mention the fact that it looks even dumber for someone to try and climb over the cage when they could just walk out. its just stupid and i cant ever get into any catch match for that reason. one of the stipulations ive ever seen.

Modern booking has done that. The original intention states back decades, where one person might challenge another to brawl in the barroom cellar, and see who comes out with the key. A match like Bruno/Koloff from 1975 really demonstrates the stipulation.

Well, I believe the wwe had no pinfall/submission rule for thir cage matches and Bundy was never going to climb out of the cage, so they needed the door option. However now with pinfalls and submissions allowed, they should lock the cage door. However once again the big guy, usually the heel, isn't likley to climb out of the cage, and if the face tried, it's like they're running away...