TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

June WWE 24/7 Disscussion

Hmmm...Charter seems to have stripped WWE 24/7 here in the last few days, without adding anything new. I'll have to check again today, but yesterday they took away a few of the TV shows, only leaving three things up, and didn't add anything new. Anyone else have the same problem?

A funny thing I never noticed before : at the end of Bloodsport in the Barely Legal main event : Funk and Dreamer are celebrating in the crowd, Dreamer goes to hug Funk and accidently punches a woman in a bWo shirt square in the face.

And how about the debut of Devon Storm/Crowbar as part of "The Extreme", complete with blonde hair and jobber outfit ?

Guest flairfan
Yup, no Super Brawl III for me in my mid-month update.

well, I checked my Comcast last night about 12:30AM, and there was NOTHING!!! The only thing I had was Gorilla Monson in Legends and 1 ECW show in TV..

I better be getting the new stuff soon, or I may cancel this BS.

Why would I pay for service that is not consistent and you dont get all the programming?

Guest heyguesswhatidid

I'm about to watch MNW, does anyone know why it's over 3 hours long?? I mean isn't Raw still 1 hour and Nitro only 2?

I'm about to watch MNW, does anyone know why it's over 3 hours long?? I mean isn't Raw still 1 hour and Nitro only 2?

according to Wikipedia February 3rd 1997 was the beginning of Raw being 2 hours

Guest heyguesswhatidid

Oh, ok, makes sense then. Speaking of MNW, Teddy Long was so much fatter. Now he's rather slim.

Oh, ok, makes sense then. Speaking of MNW, Teddy Long was so much fatter. Now he's rather slim.

I didn't realize it was 2 hours yet but I assumed it must have had a special overrun due to it being the "Royal Rumble Raw". I'd love to watch me some MNW but I'm just patiently waiting for Cogeco to get the stuff up. It's almost as if Thursday is their official day now.

Guest flairfan

Welp, I am on COMCAST and i got NOTHING loaded this week.. anyone else get cheated by WWE this week?

Indeed. My stuff (Survivor Series '02, No Way Out '07, MSG '81) is all there.

same here, so as of now for the MNW it will be roughly 3 hours then

No Way Out '07 is supposed to be there ? My "Big Ones" section has a 1981 MSG show and Survivor Series '02 in two parts, there's no NWO.

Are they going to air Thursday Raw Thursday ?

- RAW was so superior to Nitro at this point. The shift in ratings not coming for another year suggest people really are just creatures of habit, as they continually tuned into an inferior show. I forgot how unnatural Hogan often sounded as a heel. I watched both promotions enough around this time for most of this stuff to be a refresher and nothing new. It's bringing back memories of how uninspired a lot of WCW's main storylines were at this time. Meanwhile, over at Titan, the groundwork was being laid for some of the most ingenius angles we've seen since.

- Bobby Heenan is so miscast as a face. You can see he tried to retain some of his heel traits in the way he conducts himself with Tony, but the Heenan we were getting at this juncture is just not a good fit.

- Watching the MSG card, I'll stand by my point that the majority of vintage wrestling just doesn't hold up today. I can't believe a Moondog got an Intercontinental shot against Pedro. Speaking of Pedro, he gets my nod for most overrated wrestler. I always hear it was due to his popularity with minorities, but he's so fucking bland in every respect that I don't see how he was so admired.

I didn't even know anyone rated Morales enough these days for him to be considered overrated.

As far as Raw vs. Nitro in 1997 goes, in all honesty I don't really remember much of Nitro. I was definitely tuned into WWF again once they went to 2 hours on Raw. The entire year of WCW in 1997 seemed like a bunch of jobber squash crap, Sting hanging around in the rafters, the NWO beating up everyone, and random cruiser matches that were cool but had zero bearing on anything. The entire year was literally filler that was supposed to set up Hogan vs. Sting at Starrcade 97, and then they blew it big time with that PPV.

I've said it time and time again on threads, but the WWF didn't have anything that could draw money in 1997 regardless of how good it may have been. There was simply no one to cheer. Shades of gray can make for fascinating TV, but at the end of the day on some basic level fans need to have the face to root for and the heel to boo. They were somewhat successful once Michaels turned full blown heel on UT and that feud heated up, but then they still had this bizarre HBK vs. Bret angle with the Montreal Screwjob. While Bret was a hero in Canada where that show took place, he was a douche to US fans and HBK was a scumbag as well.

Note that once they established Shawn as the asshole heel champ with the working class face Austin chasing him this led to huge money for WM the next year. And Evil Vince and his various lackeys against Austin drew even more money.

The Sting in the rafters angle is one of those angles that was way better at the time watching it as a mark than looking back at it from a smart perspective. They really dragged that angle on for too long and we all know how terrible the payoff was.

Indeed. My stuff (Survivor Series '02, No Way Out '07, MSG '81) is all there.

Same for me. Plus MNW, NWA, TNT tv classics, Bloodsport part 2 and the I Quit matches Flair/Funk, HHH/Rock, Cena/JBL, Dreamer/Sandman and Credible/Lynn. It seems I have everthing. Hopefully Superbrawl is next week.

No Way Out '07 is supposed to be there ? My "Big Ones" section has a 1981 MSG show and Survivor Series '02 in two parts, there's no NWO.

Are they going to air Thursday Raw Thursday ?

Looks like they skipped it. Damn, I wanted to see it too.

Superbrawl III finally just showed up randomly in the last few hours.

Same here, VICTORY!!!

this is probably becuase superbrawl is the "pick your big one" of the month, they usually show up around the 15th of the month

yea i got Superbrawl 3 as well, i'm glad to see WCW getting some love the last couple months with the World's Collide, Superbrawl 3 and Great American Bash 1988 next month hopefully with 1990 or 96 winnin the PYBO

Guest heyguesswhatidid

This Superbrawl is a damn fine show. The 2 Cold Vs. Benoit match was great. As was Cactus Vs. Orndoff.

I wish they would show some WCW stuff I've never seen. I have both the 88, 89, and 90 Bash shows, but why not show the 1991 show for the hilarious hell of it? Or the bizarre 1992 Bash with Sting/Vader and the NWA tag tourney. Or the various WrestleWar shows that never see the light of day. Or the first couple of Beach Blast shows. Maybe the first two SuperBrawl shows too, since I've never seen the 1991 show but did see the 1992 one (which is generally considered one of WCW's best PPVs). Or just any goofy Halloween Havoc or Starrcade shows that are obscure these days.

And yes, SuperBrawl III from 1993 was a very good show. Sting vs. Vader is the main event, but since it's early 90s WCW that's a given.