TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

June WWE 24/7 Disscussion

Man I'm glad Cole called Raw on all the WCW shots. That was getting just a bit annoying (although once they mentioned Robin Hood by name I was amused again).

What happened?

Coming from someone who doesn't have WWE 24/7.

Vince and JR made roughly 9 references or more to being above bait in switching. "We don't say maybe you'll see this or maybe you'll see that... no, we'll have two title matches and you'll see them!".

After the show, Cole said "WWE was becoming cocky, making repeated references to WCW without ever using their name, but everyone knew who they were talking about".

Speaking of that, Furnas/Lafon vs Owen/Bulldog was good, as always.

I watched WCW SuperBrawl III and loved it, but Sting Vs. Vader was a non-title match, never knew that. Such bogus to have a non-title match as the main event of a big pay per view.

WCW always did stupid shit like that in the early 90s. Sting vs. Cactus from Beach Blast 92 was a non title street fight match, which is idiotic since having a title match ADDS TO THE BUYRATE.

I guess no one felt Cactus would get the title so if it were non-title, fans might think Sting would lose. Who knows?

Tuesday Night Titans is a MUST watch this week. They air the Richter/Moolah title change, the second most famous screwjob in recent history.

watched a bit opf superbrawl. funny music edits here. They keep Johhny B Badds song this time (which they dubbed over on spring stampede 94) then they dub over the hollywood blondes theme (with something even more generic) and marcus bagwells theme (with American Males LMAO) and again they redub the ring intro (even though its just gary capetta here not buffer, I guess they do it cuz of the thtme editing) but it sounds nothing like gary this time, but oit sounds much better this time and less obviously redone in a studio to a casual viewer. at least Jesse can be heard in full here, on benoits dvd remember they cut out his commentary on the Benoit-Scorpio match

got to watch this whole show later today, its been a long time since I saw it live

Guest Kenny Dykstra

When was Superbrawl updated? I just went through all the buckets except Big Ones, not thinking it'd be updated at all since i got my update. I'll recheck it.

I dont think I ever had this much WWE 24/7 material at once. Maybe they finally got their shit together. Ill be working the shit out of my dvd recorder this week.

When was Superbrawl updated? I just went through all the buckets except Big Ones, not thinking it'd be updated at all since i got my update. I'll recheck it.

Superbrawl came in a day or two after all the other updates.

Yeah Cena vs. JBL may well still be Cena's best match and certainly JBL's. Only the weird finish may hurt it for some people.

The TNT episode also has Fuji Chan on it as well as the screwjob women's match. I used to have that match on a really old Best of the WWF Vol. 2 tape that got ruined in a flood, and even as a kid watching it I knew something odd had gone down.

Fuji and Muraco were awesome.

Regarding Gary Michael Capetta, I wonder if there's a problem with his audio mixing with the entrance music. They probably need to take out his voice in order to do the music edits.

Watched Cena/JBL from Judgment Day. Holy crap what a great brawl.

Thats exactly what I said after watching that match. Its kind of wierd to hear people 100% behind Cena. Then again, JBL was a great heel, and almost everyone hated him.

yea i agree about Cena/JBL brawl, i dont think Cena deserves half the hate he gets from the net and the fans at the shows

Regarding Gary Michael Capetta, I wonder if there's a problem with his audio mixing with the entrance music. They probably need to take out his voice in order to do the music edits.

They've been doing it since at least October when they showed Halloween Havoc 92. It's the audio with the old WCW PPVs that, when WWE edits out a theme and replaced it, removed the commentary and ring introductions. For HH92, the imposter KINDA sounded like him (spoke with the same mannerisms), but I recall when they used the guy for Spring Stampede 94 he wasn't really trying that hard.

Vince and JR made roughly 9 references or more to being above bait in switching. "We don't say maybe you'll see this or maybe you'll see that... no, we'll have two title matches and you'll see them!".

After the show, Cole said "WWE was becoming cocky, making repeated references to WCW without ever using their name, but everyone knew who they were talking about".

Speaking of that, Furnas/Lafon vs Owen/Bulldog was good, as always.

"No bait and switches on this show!"

::waving a watch in front of the camera::

"We never advertised the Royal Rumble match...we never advertised the Royal Rumble match..."

Guest flairfan

Finally got my Updates on Friday at Midnight!!

So weird. I got nothing posted on Tuesday at Midnight..

Anyways, I hate these large updates.. It puts me under the gun to get everything recorded.

Yeah, Charter has been crappy lately...I only have five whole items in WWE 24/7 right now.

I sent a complaint through wwe.com earlier. Hopefully the problem gets fixed quick.

Guest flairfan

With such a large update this week, there is only supposed to be 2 new things on the 20th.

History of ECW 11/19/95

WWE Prime Time 6/8/87

I have no idea what that means, but it varies by cable provider. For example, my menu (from a cable company that uses the "PreVue" brand digital boxes or something like that... I think an eye is the logo) loads up from channel number 247. It then says "Subscribers" or "Free Trial", then Subscribers have 4 categories. Each available video has a synopsis and expiry date.

On the other hand, I've heard some providers just have a big list of what's available with no programming buckets, and others have said they can't see when things expire.

I have no idea what that means, but it varies by cable provider. For example, my menu (from a cable company that uses the "PreVue" brand digital boxes or something like that... I think an eye is the logo) loads up from channel number 247. It then says "Subscribers" or "Free Trial", then Subscribers have 4 categories. Each available video has a synopsis and expiry date.

On the other hand, I've heard some providers just have a big list of what's available with no programming buckets, and others have said they can't see when things expire.

That's essentially what I meant. I didn't know if WWE had made some type of special menu similar to the ones they have on their DVDs or if it was just standard like every other On Demand channel.

Guest flairfan

Did anyone else notice the improved quality this week!!!??

There is ALOT less pixsulation when the wrestlers are moving fast in the ring!

It says on WWE.com that they now offer a TV quality 750K stream!!!!

I for one think it made a HUGE difference!!

I am really pleased with this change. Just wish they would have done it earlier. I have 6 months of stuff recorded in their lower streamrates(thus alot of pixsulation in 3 hour long PPVs).

Guest flairfan
That's referring to 24/7 online, not TV.

Weird then, cause all my 24/7 programming looks better. Either WWE or COMCAST Improved something.

Well, I can atest that the online matches look way better than before. Never saw HBK/Benjamin before so it was nice having that in TV quality. Plus, now when we get reruns, the quality will be far superior.

ok looks like we just get a new Primetime (6/8/87) and ECW (11/19/95) which is ok because i need to catch up watchin No Way Out and Bloodsport Part 2, should someone start a thread for July's 24/7 theme

Not sure what anyone else got new, but all I got so far was the new ECW, and Monday Night War from 2/3/97 which should have changed this week was extended until the first week in July for some reason.