TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

3hr Raw to be Draft Lottery

The June 11 edition of Monday Night RAW is going to be a 3-hour special. The USA Network’s website is advertising the show as a “Draft Special", which would indicate that the show will feature a draft lottery.

Credit: LordsOfPain.net

Well, with the recent injury bug and the stagnant title pictures lately it appears as though a new booking period is about to begin with this show. A news release recently said that all talent from all brands would be featured on this show so this makes a lot of sense.

Who would people like to see jump, and to where(assuming this is true)?

Great news. I want to see MVP go to RAW, and have the IC champion go to SD! So I can see MVP live when RAW comes to Calgary in July 16th

I'd like CM Punk to stay in ECW, as he may get lost in the mix in Smackdown or Raw. One more year in ECW could build him up really big, and get him into the top-tier of wrestlers. As far as switches, put the Hardys on Smackdown so they can have crazy spotfests with Londrick, and put Finlay on Raw.

Having a draft is useless sence in the last year superstars just randomly show up on the other show with no explaination. If they wanted a wrestler on another show they could just simply put him on the other show like they did with the likes of Kane, Edge Davari, Khali etc.

SmackDown has a kick ass roster right now and I fear the WWE will fuck that up if they had a draft. I hope it ain't true. for SmackDown's sake.

Whenever there is a draft lottery you know one thing will happen. They are going to rape Smackdown's roster. Being on Raw right now would be a nightmare. You're destined to just go out and job to either HHH or Cena.

Triple H is getting moved to Smackdown so he can give Edge that burial he wanted to dish out.

Just kidding.

Unfortunately, it seems all but certain that Rey is going to Raw, and I wanted to see a Benoit/Rey series and a Rey/Edge series.

IIRC, wasn't Rey's last match on SD a Loser Leaves Town match?

If so, odds are yeah, he'll be on Raw.

Looking at the rosters right now, I can't really see anyone to move. This should have been done last year, but right now it wouldn't make sense to move a lot of people. My guess is Snitsky, Regal, and Matt Hardy all move as it seems they want them on different shows.

Like someone else said, it's kind of pointless since everyone has just been showing up whenever on all three shows, anyway.

"Matt Hardy, you're going to RAW!" What the hell does that mean? We're going to see him wrestle on RAW four times a month, instead of just three times?

Really, what they should do is officially kill off the ECW brand after ONS, and have the draft just be for the ECW guys. That would help RAW a lot, and Smackdown could get a few odds and ends as well.

They wont kill of the ECW brand, Vince will keep it alive for as long as possible. And as someone stated, they can use ECW to build up CM Punk for another year before moving him to Raw or Smackdown.

But ive always liked the draft lottery so if this is true, at least it gives us something different on Raw apart from Lashley in 4 matches.

Which for storyline purposes doesn't make much sense.

No, since Edge is on SD now. But I hear from somewhere, maybe WON, after Edge won, that they want Kennedy to be the #3 face on Raw behind Cena and Shawn (pre Shawn injury).

I'm honestly just hoping they do the Draft Lottery right this time around and do it like they did the first time around. Picking the bubble packages from the rolling cage in front of the crowd making it seem like they were actually "drawing random people to be switched over", actually using Kay-fabe to help put the draft over.

The last draft was so horrible (to me at least) just because it seemed so rigged. The whole, it will span a month and each person would be a surprise, then they fucked it up by having Cena switch over to Raw pretty much letting everyone know Batista was going to end up on Smackdown by the time the whole draft was over.

I always liked the idea of the draft, but they really really need to do it correctly and switch over the right people to the right shows to make it work. The only show that is really hurting on big names is ECW. I do like ECW's roster right now..but it also has a lot of dead weight on it (Snitsky) and getting rid of the dead weight and putting on a extra bigger name or two wouldn't hurt the ECW show, well depending on who the big name would be. Personnally the only two..maybe three I could see them taking of the ECW show is Throne, Snitsky, and Striker. Hopefully not Striker as I think he fits well in his role on ECW, but lets be honest Throne and Snitsky really can't go anywhere on ECW at right now and need to be moved to either Smackdown or Raw.

I don't think Smackdown should be screwed with, I like it the way it is right now. Raw on the other hand.....yeah there's a lot of other guys on that show that would have more potential on another show.

Lovely........the Smackdown roster will be raped to make up for Raw's injuries and shitty booking.......

Well boys whoever moves I hope your ready for some mad politics and being bitches for Cena HHH and HBk..........such is Raw. But hey it's the "A" show so only it matters.

I think it's pretty jacked up that since Smackdown actually knows how to make new guys into stars and big players they pay the price for it having their guys taken from them. The Raw booking team has no idea how to book for young wrestlers to make them something.......

They have Nitro, Kenny, Cryme Tyme and none of them rarely even get on TV.........Smackdown makes MVP into something, hell they even find uses for guys like the Miz.

Watch Raw will take, Benoit, Kennedy, Rey, Matt Hardy and possibly MVP while giving them back Kenny Nitro and Eugene.........

Smackdown never gets any sort of fair value in this hell Raw might snap CM Punk out of ECW too.....

Rey going to Raw would be a pretty bad idea. Rey is 1 of the company's biggest draws, esp. among kids & the Hispanic demographic, so moving him to Raw (which already has Cena, who already has the kids locked up), seems like a redundant idea. Not to mention he'd be slotted no higher than 4th in the pecking order, behind Cena/HHH/HBK. What's the point? You'd just be devaluing 1 of your top draws, and for what?

Leave him on SD. Who else, outside maybe Taker, is going to draw for the brand? Move Rey off the show, and they'd just be removing their biggest demographic that watches it.

Rey going to Raw would be a pretty bad idea. Rey is 1 of the company's biggest draws, esp. among kids & the Hispanic demographic, so moving him to Raw (which already has Cena, who already has the kids locked up), seems like a redundant idea. Not to mention he'd be slotted no higher than 4th in the pecking order, behind Cena/HHH/HBK. What's the point? You'd just be devaluing 1 of your top draws, and for what?

Leave him on SD. Who else, outside maybe Taker, is going to draw for the brand? Move Rey off the show, and they'd just be removing their biggest demographic that watches it.

Raw's the number 1 show to them and 2 and 3 are both out atleast till the end of Summer.

If you read JR's blog........he has a comment that pretty much leads you to believe Rey will be on Raw, he's also slated to fued with Vince into Summerslam.

Yes, but Raw (unlike Smackdown) has a Spanish language replay via Telemundo. Rey Mysterio could have some value there.

I'd say move Punk, Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Johnny Nitro, and Umaga to Smackdown

MVP, Finlay, Cor Von, Regal, and Kennedy to RAW

WGTT, Eugene, Masters, and Boogeyman to ECW

Anyone else think it's funny that when Raw has the roster problem they wanna do a draft again but when Smackdown has one they move 1 guy and move on......

Triple H is getting moved to Smackdown so he can give Edge that burial he wanted to dish out.

Just kidding.

The first thing I thought when I read the thread title was HHH got his way so Edge will be jobbed out and moved back to Raw.

And for those who are going to reply "No way they would do that!" Steph does has more power now.