TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

New Football League

Don't forget about tony graziani, maybe lawrence phillips will get out of jail in time to participate as well.

If they want it to be a success they will need to put teams in smaller markets away from the NFL teams for the most part.

Salt Lake would be a great spot since the only show in town is the Jazz.

I don't know if putting it's games head to head with the NFL is the best plan though, the one thing that the XFL going for it was that it wasn't trying to directly compete with the NFL.

I hope it's a success, and that if SLC gets a team we don't name it something stupid. Like we usually end up doing.

If they want it to be a success they will need to put teams in smaller markets away from the NFL teams for the most part.

Salt Lake would be a great spot since the only show in town is the Jazz.

I don't know if putting it's games head to head with the NFL is the best plan though, the one thing that the XFL going for it was that it wasn't trying to directly compete with the NFL.

I hope it's a success, and that if SLC gets a team we don't name it something stupid. Like we usually end up doing.

Just as long as they don't name it the Stars/z. I don't want anymore ABA/WNBA flashbacks.

I was harkening back to some start up league in the early 90's with a Utah franchise given the awfully clever name, Pioneers with brown and black uniforms.

The Utah Pioneers... tee hee.

Anything without two Z's and I'm good.

Or Bee related.

Apparently Mark Cuban will be an owner in the league. I already laughed at another league attempting to fight the NFL, but Cuban will make it even better.

Apparently Mark Cuban will be an owner in the league. I already laughed at another league attempting to fight the NFL, but Cuban will make it even better.

I gotta say, this has me excited. If they can manage to not go against the NFL. I'm all for them going against AFL as I've never watched that and could care less about it. Who doesn't want to see marginal NFL players, and people with checkered pasts getting a chance to play again. Long live Tamarick Vanover.

I think those involved with the new group would deny him just on the basis of his past failure and that he wouldn't be taken seriously. Vince already got burned by football and I can't see him willing to play with others.

If this thing ends up playing during the NFL season even if it's on Fridays, it's going to get annihilated. Come to think of it...it will anyway most likely.