TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

Guest Hasbeen2

For anybody up it looks like AM will showing lots of highlights of the PPV.

Well, I hope he really gets repackaged. Haven't watched him in OVW, nor I am that knowledgeable in wrestling skills, but seeing an 8-time OVW Heavyweight champion get a gimmick of the retarded nephew of the GM is sad, to say the least. Hope he gets his chance in 6 months or so (if we assume Eugene gimmick is gone now).

Eugene would be easy enough to kill off. Have Khali fuck him up bad, and then have a report the following week claiming his has "career ending injuries". Maybe a few months later have Dinsmore come out as himself (sans last name or a different name alltogether) and bango....you have an upper-mid card guy in only a few short months.

But... the marks would still be yelling "Hey look, IT'S EUGENE!!!" at him everywhere he went. It'd be like Terry Taylor was post-Red Rooster. Dinsmore can never have a normal career after this gimmick.

Well they can't exactly do an angle where the beat the retarded out of him or anything.

But I know where you are coming from. Some people are going to recognize him. The again, some people see Kane and think Isaac Yankem, or look at Vis and see King Mable. Or Konnan and Max Moon.

The thing with any gimmick change is time. The more time you give the new character to develop the more people are going to forgot about who he was before.

Woth a short for Dismore at least.

Hell, if it fails then Eugene can always make a recovery and come back to the ring.

Did Ron Simmons and JBL ever have a match after Simmons returned recently? Seems like they need a "blowoff" with Simmons going over for his "firing" and JBL "turning his back on him."

Or at least I'd book that, as a one week TV match, I wouldn't waste too much time with it.

Way too much time has passed for a JBL/Simmoms match. It wouldn't make that much sense now as JBL is always talking highly of his time tagging with Simmons during his commentary.

Well they can't exactly do an angle where the beat the retarded out of him or anything.

But I know where you are coming from. Some people are going to recognize him. The again, some people see Kane and think Isaac Yankem, or look at Vis and see King Mable. Or Konnan and Max Moon.

The thing with any gimmick change is time. The more time you give the new character to develop the more people are going to forgot about who he was before.

Hell, if it fails then Eugene can always make a recovery and come back to the ring.

Yeah, they could try. The easiest way, imho? Have it revealed somehow (by GTV or whatever) that Dinsmore's not really retarded, that he just faked it so he could get a contract via affirmative action. And suddenly he's a Ringeresque heel because he's pretended to be a fuckin' retard for the past three years, just for the sake of getting a job.

And if it doesn't work? Balls Mahoney whacks him with a chair and BANG, he loses so many grey cells he thinks he really IS Eugene. (Permanent brain damage = always funny.)

Yeah, they could try. The easiest way, imho? Have it revealed somehow (by GTV or whatever) that Dinsmore's not really retarded, that he just faked it so he could get a contract via affirmative action. And suddenly he's a Ringeresque heel because he's pretended to be a fuckin' retard for the past three years, just for the sake of getting a job.

And if it doesn't work? Balls Mahoney whacks him with a chair and BANG, he loses so many grey cells he thinks he really IS Eugene. (Permanent brain damage = always funny.)

That would actually be an interesting way to turn Eugene heel. The only hole in the storyline would be that Eric Bischoff was supposed to be his uncle, but most people probably don't remember that anyway. It would be cool if they used it to set up a Regal/Dinsmore feud, since Regal was his mentor for a while.

Really though, if Dinsmore just shaved off his facial hair, and maybe styled his hair different and dyed it, he'd look pretty different and most people wouldn't make the connection to Eugene. Dinsmore looked way different in his WCW days than he does now.

Agreed, they definitely need to repackage Eugene and hopefully real life has made it inevitable that they do something else with Dinsmore. I like that idea where he is revealed to not really be retarded, though I don't know how anyone would think it is a good idea to play retard in order to be hired as a pro wrestler.

They could just put him under a mask for a while and people wonder who this guy is, etc.

That's the problem: someone obviously DID think it was a good idea for him to play retard, cuz he's been doing exactly that for years. Unless he got some kind of goofy Flowers for Algernon-type "cure" that made him smarter, I can't think of any way out of that character other than to reveal he's been faking it.

The flaw behind the "he's not really retarded" idea is that he is Bischoff's nephew. Wouldn't Bischoff know his newphew wasn't really retarded? Wouldn't he expose him right away? Then again, maybe he made his own nephew act retarded or he wouldn't hire him to Raw

They could just go with the injury and return as his twin brother out for revenge deal.

I know it's incredibly lame without question but it's about the only way out of it now.

The flaw behind the "he's not really retarded" idea is that he is Bischoff's nephew. Wouldn't Bischoff know his newphew wasn't really retarded? Wouldn't he expose him right away? Then again, maybe he made his own nephew act retarded or he wouldn't hire him to Raw

They're already going "Benoit? Who's that? Never heard of him, and he certainly never won the world title at the 20th anniversary Wrestlemania in Madison Square Garden by making HHH tap out for the first time in recent history!" They truly do expect the fans to forget anything that happened more than a few months ago.