TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Sid Vicious update

I was watching an old Nitro main event, The Giant vs Goldberg for the WCW World Title, not too long ago. It's amazing the crowd reaction that this got. Goldberg was all about punches and kicks, but he captivated the crowd. It was his facial expressions and mannerisms, mainly. Everytime he took a shot at the Giant, it looked like he was trying to kill him, and the crowd ate it up! When Goldberg Jackhammered the Giant, which at the time was a flat-out disgusting display of strength (I got kind of jaded by Brock Lesnar tossing Big Show around like a sack of crap from 02-03), there was literally no one in the crowd sitting down! That's something you rarely see anymore. You'll see about half, or a majority of a crowd stand up and cheer for someone, but you rarely see each and every person come to their feet and rally behind someone like that anymore. That's "Hulk Hogan-esque Charisma" there, and you can't teach someone how to do that. Goldberg was one of those rare talents, but unfortunately, I think his time is gone.

I'm currently watching WCW 2000-2001 and they've just done Goldberg's Funeral, even when they did the whole 'Redo your losing streak or you're fired' angle, he still seemed to have some strength behind him - though I'm not too sure about this Mace to the eyes thing to finish it, which is in the same event that Sid snaps his leg :(

Even though most think it's Jericho with that promo last night, anyone actually think it could be SID?

Even though most think it's Jericho with that promo last night, anyone actually think it could be SID?

I don't know, but if Sid came back, he'd just get a nostalgia pop and that's about it. Jericho is still fresh in the fans' minds and I'm sure he could get plenty of fans backing him right at the get go.

I'm currently watching WCW 2000-2001 and they've just done Goldberg's Funeral, even when they did the whole 'Redo your losing streak or you're fired' angle, he still seemed to have some strength behind him - though I'm not too sure about this Mace to the eyes thing to finish it, which is in the same event that Sid snaps his leg :(

Well, at least the Buff Blockbuster/Electric Chair Drop was convincing enough. That looked like death.