TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Sid Vicious update

According to the The Wrestling Observer Newsletter Former WWE and WCW World Champion Sid Vicious is apparently in good shape in the hopes of another WWE run. Sid is 46 years old

Wrestlingobserver.com

I'd love to see him in ECW as a bodyguard for Elijah Burke.

I would totally buy an angle where Sid is not cleared to wrestle because of his injury a few years back. He keeps trying to get a match with Cena because he "knows" he can still wrestle despite the injury, and does not want his career to end with that mishap.

Sid keeps getting denied, so he takes it upon himself to keep jumping Cena, and beating the crap out of him every so often. Powerbombs all over the place. Stretch it out for a few months where despite Cena being in a feud with another wrestler, Sid keeps appearing to destroy Cena.

This would allow Sid to do what he does best, believable power stuff in limitation, and his high charisma. Also, I think it would build pretty well over a few months for the match to finally happen. In my head, it works out as a non-foreigner Rocky IV scenario.

There's a part of me that wants Sid back for one last match, just so he can leave on his feet this time.

I wonder how his OBP was when he played professional softball.

He was kinda sloppy, but plenty of charisma, lots of heat, and, as Invader said, lots of believable power stuff.

Although it was a freak thing, it is unfortunate to think that his career would end as it did.

Guest Smues

I love Sid, but he's god awful in the ring, and that was before he snapped his leg in half. I'd love to see him back as a manager or bodyguard or whatever, but keep him out of the ring as much as possible, other than to beat the shit out of people.

I’d love to see the reaction he’d get from the current fan base after nearly a decade away from the mainstream outside of his injury being seen quite often by the Youtube generation. While he was one of the most atrocious performers in-ring ever, the man was an incredible example of mesmerizing charisma.

The problem with that Cena angle that was mentioned is that it's impossible to build Cena as this Rocky type underdog when the key aspect of the angle is Sid's apparent careern ending injury (and showing that over and over on TV). First, it would put sympathy on the heel and second should Cena really have trouble with a guy who suffered such an injury?

I always liked Sid, especially on the mic, but him being back would bring to mind memories of mid 90s WWF garbage that is better off forgotten.

I always liked Sid. I was running around when he beat HBK at Surivor Series for the title.

Same.

I haven't watched WWE in a long time, but I'd have to flip on WWE just to see Sid. If nothing else he's hilarious to watch.

According to the The Wrestling Observer Newsletter Former WWE and WCW World Champion Sid Vicious is apparently in good shape in the hopes of another WWE run. Sid is 46 years old

Wrestlingobserver.com

I'd love to see him in ECW as a bodyguard for Elijah Burke.

That's where I stopped reading.

If he shows up and beats the hell out of Cena with a squeegee and a powerbomb, I'll buy his t-shirt. Even if he gets destroyed by Cena at a PPV.

Guest Timmer

As much as I never cared for Sid back in his prime, I will admit that he's better than most of the big guys out there today.

Maybe they could a nostalgic angle between him and Shawn Michaels.

Michaels could bring him back to wrestling, stating that Sid turned to God after his career ending injury. He decides to bring Sid back and give him a chance.

As he starts his wrestling comeback, it becomes evident that Sid doesn't posess the killer instinct to put challengers away and Michaels confronts him on it every week til Sid snaps one day, turns on Michaels, and becomes the ol Psycho Sid again with scissors in hand.

If they were about to give Goldust a main event heel run, why not Sid?

When not injured, Dustin can still go in the ring and he is a tremendous heel character who is quite skilled at working a crowd. Sid, while a charismatic figure doesn't have anything more to offer other then a nostalgic pop, maybe a brief stint as someone's bodyguard and to do a couple random beat downs.

Guest Timmer
If they were about to give Goldust a main event heel run, why not Sid?

When not injured, Dustin can still go in the ring and he is a tremendous heel character who is quite skilled at working a crowd. Sid, while a charismatic figure doesn't have anything more to offer other then a nostalgic pop, maybe a brief stint as someone's bodyguard and to do a couple random beat downs.

I agree, I have argued with many about whether it was the WWE or Dustin that made the character so watchable when it was first introduced. IMO, without Dustin, the Goldust character would had just as popular as The Goon.