TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Sid Vicious update

Doesn't look like he's in THAT bad of shape dude... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_m6RrXEKNY

This match is from the 11th of this month. He looks to be in better shape than most guys who've been out of the ring for as long as he has.

Honestly, other than a little lost muscle tone, he looks the exact same as I remember him. Hell, he's in much better shape than I thought he would be.

Doesn't look like he's in THAT bad of shape dude... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_m6RrXEKNY

This match is from the 11th of this month. He looks to be in better shape than most guys who've been out of the ring for as long as he has.

Honestly, other than a little lost muscle tone, he looks the exact same as I remember him. Hell, he's in much better shape than I thought he would be.

I take back what I said earlier. He looks good in that video.

The other piece I saw was from a couple months ago and he was wearing a loose shirt (which made him look out of shape) and his hair looked far more grey. My bad.

He looks like he is in good shape, albeit smallish for a big man though. He's 6'8-6'9 and probably weighing in at 250 pounds or so from the look of him. He looked like he was struggling with the powerbomb on the "fan" though, which is surprising.

I'd love to see a return of Sid even if he were brought back only to be used as Cena fodder.

I'd love to see a return of Sid even if he were brought back only to be used as Cena fodder.

I would've thought more like Orton fodder (I guess Sid counts as a Legend). I was always a Sid fan. I don't know why. I just seemed to mark out whenever he came running (trotting/strolling/whatever) out.

That match with Lawler wasn't half bad considering who was in it. Can't expect much from Sid, (never could for that matter), but he's good at what few things he can do in the ring. NASTY chokeslam, good powerbomb, and punches that look like hes trying to smash-in the top of your head.

I was a huge Sid mark in my younger years as well. Even though his promos are god awful he just had some classic lines that would come out of nowhere, ie: master and ruler of the world. When he and Vader formed a tag team in WCW I nearly wet myself in Powerbomb fantasy land, lol.

They already have like a dozen guys who could do that. He'd be wasted in that role. If you're going to make him somebody's bodyguard do it for someone who could use the heat on RAW or Smackdown, like Kennedy or someone like that.

I was a huge Sid mark in my younger years as well. Even though his promos are god awful he just had some classic lines that would come out of nowhere, ie: master and ruler of the world. When he and Vader formed a tag team in WCW I nearly wet myself in Powerbomb fantasy land, lol.

Agreed. Sid had that "it" quality, especially early in his first WCW run. I remember watching Starrcade '90 when he teamed with Dan Spivey to do a one night only return of the Skyscrapers. The crowd in St. Louis was going nuts for them (Although they were facing The Big Cat/Mr. Hughes and the Motor City Madman - not two of the most popular wrestlers by any stretch).

I still say WCW completely dropped the ball by wasting Sting vs. Sid in the middle of the Black Scorpion nonsense.

Not sure what he could do if he came back today other than something like a couple of shows to build up someone else. The crowd would be receptive for him, though.

The world title changed hands at the 2006 Survivor Series, where King Booker dropped it to Batista.

I should've been more clear. I meant the WWE Championship, not world titles period.

Sid himself won the WWE Championship at Survivor Series '96... a match that also saw the New York crowd just crap on Shawn Michaels from start to finish. Actually, Survivor Series '94-'99 saw the WWE Title change hands every year.

So with all the suspensions and the fact that SID was brought up during meetings, does this all but mean SID is coming back soon? I mean the stars are definately aligning right for SID at the moment.

I'm all for SID as the NEW ECW Champion. Beating the crap outta Morrison would make my day.

Sid is money. Just start him on RAW do a hot angle with Cena then maybe move him to work with HHH. Then ship him to Smackdown....then to ECW...then to retirement. You could easily get a year to two years if you worked it properly.

The problem with brining Sid in is that you'd just be hoping he doesn't flake out or have some kind of freak injury to suddenly derail whatever program he's in. I wouldn't mind seeing him back for a short stint, though.

Thought it was funny that his tag team partner in that video was "Johnny Rotten". Sex Pistols live!

The problem with brining Sid in is that you'd just be hoping he doesn't flake out or have some kind of freak injury to suddenly derail whatever program he's in. I wouldn't mind seeing him back for a short stint, though.

Thought it was funny that his tag team partner in that video was "Johnny Rotten". Sex Pistols live!

I thought it was Johnny Rotter, not Rotten.

WWE CONTACTS SID VICIOUS ABOUT POSSIBLE RETURN

WWE has shown some interest in Sid. A WWE official, most likely John Laurinaitis asked Sid if he would like to return to the company. This is ironic considering Sid has had heat with Laurinaitis for years since he was the WCW road agent that suggested he try the double axehandle off the middle-rope which caused probably the nastiest injury ever seen in a wrestling ring. However, before Sid could return to WWE he had to pass the Wellness test. Sid told the WWE official that he wouldn't be able to pass it. Sid is said to be going through some kind of therapy or is taking some medication to deal with whatever physical problems he may have.

WWE is willing to work with Sid again, realizing how bad they need star power right now, especially with all the suspensions and injuries. But because of the whole Wellness situation, Sid may not be coming back at all.

How about Vince brings in the Ultimate Warrior as his illegitimate son, and allows himself to be buried on RAW I'd tune in to see that play out.

It's only a matter of time before Vince seriously considers giving Goldberg or Page a call.

I don't think Vince has enough $$$ to convince Goldberg (who grossly overestimates his own worth as it is) to return. While I'd enjoy it, it would never happen.

DDP however I could definitely see returning but not making an impact. Remember, Old Man 'Taker said back in '01 that DDP didn't know how to work, thus he became a JTTS for the remainder of his tenure.

It's only a matter of time before Vince seriously considers giving Goldberg or Page a call.

Most over rated piece of garbage of all time

How about you actually make some attempt to substantiate your comments? Exactly in what content can you associate Bill Goldberg with being overrated? The content in question was WWE viewing the idea that Sid could be brought back as a stopgap for the lost of star power and now that Sid possibly wouldn’t be able to return due to his inability to pass the wellness policy, that in jest, Goldberg would become an appealing option especially since with regards to star power, Goldberg is certainly a much more viable candidate then Sid Vicious.

His star power certainly can’t be denied and there’s not a single way anyone of clear and conscious mind could make any legitimate claim to the contrary. From a performing standpoint, Goldberg was impressive in his ability to captivate a crowd, credit that with a rare sign of intelligence by a now defunct cast of clowns but as we’ve seen in the past, even with lackadaisical creative mind trusts behind his push, he still managed to maintain his obvious appeal to the fan-base, and therein lies the greatest asset for Goldberg. The exact same thing WWE is missing.

I’m certainly not endorsing the idea of even approaching him for another stay of duty, especially with their clear dislike for each other but the fact remains, Goldberg isn’t a over-rated piece of garbage by any stretch of the imagination and to make such an assertion without providing a shred of tangible reasoning, flawed or otherwise, is simply imprudent.

Agreed. Goldberg has wrestled in bigger matches and gotten bigger ovations and drawn bigger crowds than the entire WWE roster of the past 6 years, save for a few guys (Austin, Rock, I don't think Taker's ever had a huge event built around him that was a financial success, Triple H might be included on this). To call him overrated is silly. His initial push up to the nuclear heated (crowd and ratings-wise) win over Hogan was probably the best run for a "new guy" ever booked. The amount of Goldberg t-shirts, NASCAR cars, Monster Trucks, toys, and other merch. trump anything that Cena will ever sell, because the people that actually have MONEY were the ones getting Goldberg gear, not asking mommy for it. Goldberg/Austin had to be the most talked about "dream match" in the history of wrestling, and at the peak of pro wrestling in 1998, it would have drawn more money than a proper Hogan/Flair Mania/Starrcade match ever would have. Even the Austin diehard/smarks were like "Fuck. This Goldberg guy isn't the best wrestler, but he'd murder Austin."