TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Yeah, he wont be going into the WWE HOF.

But will he be removed from the WON HOF?

Nah, I wouldn't think he's getting removed. What's done is done, he'll only be denied future accomplishments at this rate. If he does get removed from the observer hall of fame, then you might as well get rid of his title histories as well. I say it you erase him from one past, you erase him from all.

That makes sense. You can't deny what he achieved, but how can anyone continue to praise a man who murdered his wife and child?

No matter what Benoit did outside the ring he should still be remembered for all that he did inside the ring because he did so much for everyone in wrestling. He had such great matches with the likes of Austin / Bret / HHH & Eddie and much more.

No he should be remembered as the cold blooded killer that he is. He's a coward, and he deserves to be remembered as a murderer.

If there is a hell, I hope he rots in it.

You do understand he killed his wife and his kid, that goes so beyond the scope of wrestling and what he did inside the wrestling ring. That all means nothing now. He's a murderer, and should be treated no differently than anyone else who murdered someone.

Comments from Steve Blackman:

"Chris was one of my best friends. We were close for years and years when we were on the road. Chris was a good guy. I don't know what caused him to do this. Was he having family issues? I'm not sure. I'm waiting to see what comes out. I find it really difficult to believe he would have murdered his son.

(Benoit) absolutely loved wrestling. He always wrestled with a hard attitude. He was a tough guy, hard as nails. People liked him. It's just a horrible tragedy in the wrestling business. A lot of the guys have ended up dying. A lot of the guys get addicted to pain-killers."

From pennlive.com

I saw Jillian Hall put out a comment, I wonder how close it hits for her seeing as her boyfriend is in the business and looks like he's done mass amounts of roids....

Who's her bo?

No matter what Benoit did outside the ring he should still be remembered for all that he did inside the ring because he did so much for everyone in wrestling. He had such great matches with the likes of Austin / Bret / HHH & Eddie and much more.

No he should be remembered as the cold blooded killer that he is. He's a coward, and he deserves to be remembered as a murderer.

You do understand he killed his wife and his kid, that goes so beyond the scope of wrestling and what he did inside the wrestling ring. That all means nothing now. He's a murderer, and should be treated no differently than anyone else who murdered someone.

So why does the NFL still acknowledge OJ and his accomplishments....

Victoria has weighed in as well:

Hey All.

I had planned ..ing off talking about a recent trip to an arena football game, but I would be remiss not to address the Chris Benoit situation. Everyone who knew anything about wrestling knew of his in-ring contributions. I truly don't know what I can say and not get in trouble with the WWE. Anyone who reads my blogs regularly knows how much I love wrestling, and being part of the WWE. But I think what I have to say is more important. His son, Daniel, came to many shows. We bonded. He a was a cute little boy. What Chris did was selfish and hurtful. I fear that him being a superstar in some way glamorizes the situation. That's not what suicide is. It is selfish and hurtful. As long as you have a breath to breathe, you can make change to improve your life. You can talk to family, or friends, or clergy. And if you're not comfortable with any of them, here are two phone numbers for a Suicide and Crisis Hotline. 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) or 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK). They take calls 24/7. You always have options. Maybe someday I'll be able to forgive Chris, but not today.

God Bless Us All, Lisa Marie

I saw Jillian Hall put out a comment, I wonder how close it hits for her seeing as her boyfriend is in the business and looks like he's done mass amounts of roids....

Who's her bo?

Tank Tolland or as known in the WWE James Dick.

Because he was acquitted of the charges. Aside from what everyone says or believes, a court of law found him innocent and I guess that's enough for the NFL.

Hey All.

I had planned ..ing off talking about a recent trip to an arena football game, but I would be remiss not to address the Chris Benoit situation. Everyone who knew anything about wrestling knew of his in-ring contributions. I truly don't know what I can say and not get in trouble with the WWE. Anyone who reads my blogs regularly knows how much I love wrestling, and being part of the WWE. But I think what I have to say is more important. His son, Daniel, came to many shows. We bonded. He a was a cute little boy. What Chris did was selfish and hurtful. I fear that him being a superstar in some way glamorizes the situation. That's not what suicide is. It is selfish and hurtful. As long as you have a breath to breathe, you can make change to improve your life. You can talk to family, or friends, or clergy. And if you're not comfortable with any of them, here are two phone numbers for a Suicide and Crisis Hotline. 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) or 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK). They take calls 24/7. You always have options. Maybe someday I'll be able to forgive Chris, but not today.

Very classy way to handle/mention the situation.

Guest burth179

O.J. was found guilty in civil court though...

Regardless, I don't think you can erase him from the past. We all saw him there, he was there. But you have to cut all ties with him at this point, just like the NFL did with O.J.

Geraldo is such a jackass, bringing up the crippler nickname story. Way to screw that one up. How did he ever get a job a FOX NEWS? :rolleyes:

I got so irritated at watching it/him, I had to turn it. He honestly sat there and said that as if benoit broke his neck on purpose.. omfg.. what a jackass. This is the same guy that thinks that if you are against illegal immigration you are a racist. During the katrina disaster, he was running around like a chicken with its head chopped off to get attention. It was disgusting. The guy is a clueless, overdramatic idiot and why on earth any network has him on is a mystery to me

So of all the people that have spoken up one way or another from Bret to all the WWE "condolences" on wwe.com to a lot of former wrestlers. But I have to admit, there is one name, and pretty much only one name I surprised to not hear anything from yet. Has anyone heard anything from Rey Mysterio?

Chris Benoit is and will always be a murderer.

If a newletter such as the Wrestling Observer thinks its great to continue to glorify this man in some Hall of Fame, than that reflects on them. I think it's a wrong path, personally. Sometimes someone does something so depraved, so evil that you can't contunie to give him any accolades or tribute. Chris Benoit destroyed his own legacy, but his legacy is peanuts to the two lives he destroyed out of his own selfishness.

Society is better off casting him aside and remembering him for what he is: A coward and a murderer.

You can't separate the performer from the person, imo.

So of all the people that have spoken up one way or another from Bret to all the WWE "condolences" on wwe.com to a lot of former wrestlers. But I have to admit, there is one name, and pretty much only one name I surprised to not hear anything from yet. Has anyone heard anything from Rey Mysterio?

I hope His wife and Dominik are sleeping with one eye open

That goes double for Mrs. Angle

Don't you think that's just a bit out of line?

Don't you think that's just a bit out of line?

yea..it probably is....But ive seen worse in this thread

There's alot of things that can be said but to imply Rey Mysterio or Kurt Angle might murder their families now is just to much.

And that other lade, Nancy Grace, is she even credible at all? Wasn't she the one clamoring about how guilty those Duke lacrosse players were when it turned out they were innocent?

In a word: NO.

who was that guy on Hannity and Colmes...I mean...I wouldve defened Benoit on how he got his nickname no matter how much i hate what he did

I don't know. I have a hard time erasing anyone from history regardless of how them came to their demise. I mean, how else do we learn from such tragic events like this? You see all the good he did over the years, the fans he entertained, and then how tragically and selfishly he ended it? It can only serve as wake-up call to those who may be heading down the same path to seek help while they still can. Victoria put it pretty good up above in her posting. As long as you breathe breath you have the ability to make a change and a choice.

As for actually erasing his matches and whatnot.. well, I have his DVD. Will I ever watch it again? Maybe. Will I enjoy the matches? There's a possibility. I just feel really awful for any wrestler who felt they might have had their best matches with Benoit. It must suck for them to re-evaluate something like that...

There's alot of things that can be said but to imply Rey Mysterio or Kurt Angle might murder their families now is just to much.

*concedes*

Hey All.

Suicide isn't selfish. Killing everyone around you because of your own issues is selfish. Suicide itself just means that you couldn't cope with an aspect of life on some level, ie , you're just very mentally distraught. If anything, people who think this way are selfish, since everyone should be able to determine.make their own decisions about their own life/body in the end. Chris stepped over the line only b/c A) He killed two people, and B) Suicide, since he had sons still living.

Hey All.

Suicide isn't selfish. Killing everyone around you because of your own issues is selfish. Suicide itself just means that you couldn't cope with an aspect of life on some level, ie , you're just very mentally distraught. If anything, people who think this way are selfish, since everyone should be able to determine.make their own decisions about their own life/body in the end. Chris stepped over the line only b/c A) He killed two people, and B) Suicide, since he had sons still living.

Suicide is selfish. Selfish if you're killing just yourself - depriving those who love you of your presence in their lives and taking the cowards way out - the "easy" way out. In Benoit's case it's selfish because he couldn't own up to the crimes he committed and took the easy way out. To me that's as selfish as you can get.

Guest burth179

^^^

Yeah I was going to say something along those lines, suicide is selfish for those reasons.

^^^

Yeah I was going to say something along those lines, suicide is selfish for those reasons.

Yeah, and in Benoit's case, he's also leaving behind a lot of friends and family - including his other children. Hell, everyone who's ever watched him - as shown in this thread - is having a hard time allowing themselves to have memories of Benoit without the overshadowing and painful visions of the way his life ended.

Suicide is an extremely self-centered and selfish act which will hurt and emotionally scar the people you leave behind.

Whether I agree with it or not, he was acquitted of all criminal charges in relations to the murders he was charged with. So that would be the reason.

Boy..I'd never think i'd see the day where Bret Hart actually going to bat for the WWE

Several times no less