TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I read this on Meltzer's site, then spent 5 minutes staring at the WWE.com front page and repeating "What?" in shock and disbelief. When I saw "Benoit family found dead", I had thought that something had happened to Woman and their kids and that this was the family emergency that he had to rush home for, but then Chris is dead, too? This is just shocking on an entirely new level.

It's also on TSN.ca

I'm ashamed that I initially thought it was a work. Thank you, Chris. You will not be forgotten.

Don't be too ashamed. Sadly that reaction is now quite common thanks to the road pro-wrestling has gone over the last 15 or so years.

I mean I'm sure there are still people out there that insist Brian Pillman's death was a work and think he's hanging with Andy Kaufman somewhere planning his return.

just got home from work, was flipping through the channels and found an old Benoit/Malenko match on. I was surprised to see it on and was just enjoying it for what it was until a thing on the corner of the screen revealed he was dead. I came on to investigate if it was another stupid angle and found that his whole family was found dead. Absolutely unfucking real...just in shock.

It's beginning to sound like a hostage situation that went wrong...

I am finding myself getting angry as to why no one called the cops, why didn't Benoit stay for Vengeance and then head home instead... I kind of feel I know what the answers are and why, I just am having difficulty accepting the reality of the situation.

It took me this long to post this because i have been so upset, like many have said before he was my absolute favorite wrestler of all time. You will be missed Chris may your legacy live forever.

I am the only one troubled by what was said earlier in the comments from the torch? "...but lately it always looked like something wasn't setting right with him inside, like something was eating at him." ???

And know "slain" is being used by the authorites...there is no way that this ends good. I just don't know how the hell to deal with this whole thing.

Watching the Hog Wild match right now and it just hit me that only two people on the screen are still alive...Dean and Nick Patrick....seriously this is just painful.

you know, I hadnt even checked online today for the ppv results due to waiting for the cable guy to come back to fix the problem with my wwe on demand service ironically.

then I went to the bathroom as raw starts and then I walk in my room and see vince in the ring, at first I thought this was the angle coming to an end, then he mentions benoit dead, then I see that Nancy and his youngest son are dead as well.

dammit this sucks. Oddly, I just Benoit wrestle live last month at a houseshow and which he and batista won a tag match (benoit getting the winning submission) last night I was watching the powerful families dvd and it had recycled cips from benoits dvd talking about him missing owen and it got me choked up. the same reaction when he memoriralized eddie on that raw

first one of my early childhood favs dies in sherri, now the first wrestler I truly got into soley based on his style and moves, and a hero to us all, now gone, plus his young son and wife?

what is happening?

RIP Chris, a real mans man and your wonderful family

what else can we say? I hope we find out more info soon

I know we said stuff bout tempting fate but come one

I would certainly hope to god that its not a murder suicide but from the type of person he is said to be i find that hard to believe.

We don't know anything about anyone but that's apparently been ruled out.

Guest PimpDaddySarp

This is so horrible. What a world we live in. He was one of my favorites and one of the reasons I continue to watch wrestling despite all the bullshit. Just a horrible fucking day.

Rest In Peace, Chris Benoit, Nancy Benoit, and Daniel Benoit.

I would certainly hope to god that its not a murder suicide but from the type of person he is said to be i find that hard to believe.

Thats what I think too by the wording of that story. But I'm seeing people elsewhere saying it might be possible. i personally refuse to believe that until i hear otherwise

Guest Marvel Man X

Awww manne, this was so bad I had to log-in and comment. RIP Benoit!

My God, I feel like throwing up.

I took a nap, woke up about a half hour ago and flipped to RAW, just seeing what dumb Vince shit they were pulling. I see Michael Cole and JBL "paying tribute" and think "Ooh boy, they're REALLY pushing this". Then, "Remembering Chris Benoit" appeared in the corner, and I can only describe the feeling as being socked right in the gut. I sat on my bed for 5 minutes in total shock, in a cloudy haze.

This can't be happening. Not now, not ever. His whole family. Why? What? How? I want to crawl into a hole and stay there.

I was live in Kemper Arena and watched Owen Hart fall to his death. I never thought that I could feel that horrible feeling again. Now I do, and I have to be perfectly honest (with no disrespect to Owen) and say that this feels much, much worse.

My only comfort in all of this is knowing that he, Owen, and Eddie are all up there together....at least I hope.

God Bless you Chris, and I'm praying for your family.

You know, one of my first thoughts honestly was that maybe this was a sign from God to Vince saying "please end this angle." That in addition to the Sherri passing.

That's not true. The only thing that was ruled out was that a gun was involved.

I know I don't frequent here much anymore. I was reading caseyserin.info and one of the posters there goes by Benoit. Someone there posted something about CB being dead. I couldn't believe it because it included his family.

Fayetteville isn't a violent place. I lived in Atlanta for 24 years. I at first thought suicide, or murder-suicide. Now we're told its being investigated as a homicide and all three were slain. Freaks me out. I stopped watching WWE about the time of the Domenic angle. I loved the Radicals. Benoit was my 2nd favorite wrestler of all-time (being Jericho).

I am shocked and stunned at this. I guess we all are.

Words, loss. or something.

From AJC.com

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/faye...0625benoit.html

A well-known professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Chris Benoit

• World Wrestling Entertainment Web site

Officials were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Benoit, a 40-year-old Canadian native maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling.

Most recently, Benoit fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment organization. WWE canceled its live show in Corpus Christi Monday night, and its broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network was a three-hour retrospective on Benoit's career.

"Obviously, all sorts of speculation are running rampant but I have talked to so many people and nobody really knows [whether the couple was having marital troubles]," said Bryan Alvarez, who runs Figurefour Weekly, a wrestling newsletter and Web site, from Linwood, Washington.

Benoit was scheduled to appear in a pay-per-view title match Sunday night, but was a no-show due to a "family emergency," the WWE said during the broadcast.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman."

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on World Championship Wrestling.

Soon after, the two became romantically involved in real life and married, Alvarez said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

I remember an old LAW show where they had Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington and Chris Benoit on and they were talking about Dynamite giving his boots to Benoit and his thoughts on wrestling. Dynamite warned Benoit that wrestling was always going to be a destructive business that would loved you and leave you taking everything else with it. At the time it seemed like a very bleak statement given the tone of the interview.

I'm actually curious how Billington will have reacted to this. He and Benoit seemed to share an very odd semi-paternal relationship, like he was Benoit's bitter old uncle that wanted him to have a better life than he did. He must be fucked up over this.

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting that the police are investigating this as a homicide and that no gun was involved.

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting that the police are investigating this as a homicide and that no gun was involved.

That article has since been changed to "murder-suicide".