TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

WWE News

RAW BROADCAST PLANS: Raw to air, but no live event taking place, as of last word

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Jun 25, 2007, 18:45

Email This Article - Printer Friendly Page - Back to Main Listing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As noted earlier, PWTorch has learned that a decision was made just a few minutes ago to cancel the live show tonight in Corpus Christi, Tex. Fans will be sent home. Wrestlers are being allowed to leave and mourn.

UPDATE: As of last word, the plan being discussed was to have the announcers introduce the show and go to best-of clips of Chris Benoit matches as a tribute to him. It didn't look as if wrestlers were going to be asked to provide any tribute comments at this early stage as most were too broken up to even consider wrestling or expressing memories for the camera.

I'm very curious to see how they handle this. I'm guessing that those who do want to speak will be allowed to but considering how loved he was, I don't know if anyone could possibly do it. How rare it is for someone in wrestling to be universally liked as Benoit was by everyone though. I mean think about that for a moment, besides eaton who else has ever been liked by everyone?

Very good point by Australian Pride, we should not forget a child and a woman lost their life as well. The most horrible thing to ever happen in the world of professional wrestling.

Btw, I'm thinking of Best Benoit Matches, and his match vs. Kurt Angle at RR03 is on the top of my mind right now. The main reason being how they were able to turn the crowd around - going from being DONE to being so fucking hot that you'd never know the amount of disinterest going into the match. How they were able to turn the crowd is a big part of the definition of professional wrestling.

Well, if any of you know me at all, you know that Chris Benoit is my favorite current wrestler in the entire world. I've followed his career since the first time he stepped foot in a WCW ring, and at that moment I said to my brother that this guy is awesome, and he should be a Horseman oneday - was hooked from that moment on, and since then I've watched every bit of his work available on video.

It would be one thing to hear about an OD, or an enlarged heard leaading to a heart attack - but to hear that he was found dead, with his entire family? That's a totally different thing, and makes it all that much harder to swallow. Let's not forget that Woman was also involved in this, a fixture in professional wrestling for many years, and then of course there is the child.

I'm absolutely totally speechless right now, so I'll just leave it at that.

And they still run the promo for the Vince "memorial" show, ugh...

And there's Vince...

The WWE better, NEVER, EVER, do anything in a storyline months or even years down the road with Benoit like how they pissed all over Eddie's life.

Cameron, you're relieved his family's dead so they can't be used on television?

No. Please don't get things confused here.

This is a horrible fucking tragedy. An entire family is dead including a young boy.

I am just hoping that in light of the magnitude of this tragedy and given that the entire family passed away, they will not be able to exploit his death as they have others before.

I don't know about you but following the Dominic angle, Eddie's passing and the use of his death as a tool to promote a feud between one of his best friends, his cousin and his wife I was fucking appalled. Someone's passing should be mourned and their life and achievements recognised and celebrated, it shouldn't be used to further storylines, I don't care what line of work you are in. I mean, if a Robert Altman quote was created to use on a Transformers poster, people would cry bloody murder and call for Bay and Spielberg's heads. Just because it's lower quality entertainment doesn't mean they are cleared of all responsibility when it comes to tact and decency.

I just can't believe it, so sudden and shocking. He was one of the reasons I got into wrestling in the first place, and was always one of my favorites. Rest in peace, Chris Benoit, and your family. Rest in peace.

I'm saddened by the passing of thie man, this ICON in the eyes of many. His passion could often be seen and it would have the capacity to draw you in. He will be missed. R.I.P. :(

I just cannot believe Chris Benoit is gone. He's my hero, and the only reason I continued watching wrestling. Chris Benoit, I respect you, I love you, and I hope your journey in the next stage in existence will bring you much happiness.

God bless.

God fucking dammit! One of my all time favorites!

This is the first time a death has made me speechless since Hartman.

RIP Crippler, you'll never be forgotten.

I was commenting earlier about the mainstream not reporting this news... But the top site for breaking news TMZ.com has broke the story. CNN, and the other outlets have not(except for FOX News, which has it on the FRONT PAGE). As someone has already pointed.. WWE's history with the media isn't good, so I'm guessing that's the reason they are slowly reporting this.

Wow, this feels really weird. It's hard to explain how this news makes me feel, since last night's PPV was so bizarre with how Benoit left and they barely explained it. In fact I even remember saying something to the effect of wondering if someone was dead, thus explaining his no show. In fact I feel awful about chiding them over that ECW title match now, as if that matters at this point.

I guess right now I'm just shocked. Need to hear what exactly happened before mourning. Anyway I'm going back to watch the tribute Raw.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
"Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death."

A bit of weight, lifted. Grief remains.

I wouldn't want to meet a person who was capable of taking Benoit's life. They would most likely have been dropped on their head as an infant.

RIP, God bless.

The FoxAtlanta page now has it listed as "found slain".

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities said professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and child were found slain Monday at their Fayette County home.

Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details.

Pope said the deaths are being investigated as homicide, but the cause of death awaits autopsy results tomorrow.

He would not say how the bodies were discovered, or who found them.

The World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Website that the 40-year-old Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son Daniel were found dead but also had no other details.