TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Chavo said Benoit was perfectly fine the night before. Not like he was hours away from snapping and killing his family. If he was that crazy, there would have been warning signs.

He also said he had dinner with Benoit and his family one week ago. Very odd.

Sad thing is, this does happen all the time to a lot of undercard guys, but it isn't made a big deal as such.

Big Bossman, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome? They were taken way too young and could still have made successful comebacks later in their career. But there wasn't much hooplah other than a few sad fans and a graphic to remember them by. Crash Holly barely even got a mention when he died.

They weren't on the WWE roster when they died.

Pillman, Owen, Eddie, Benoit all were and all got tribute shows.

Wasn't Bossman on the WWE Roster as a trainer for OVW when he died? I thought he was.

At the risk of sounding like an ass, I wasn't entirely surprised to come home and find that someone had purchased the Chris Benoit DVD from my eBay store while I was gone. I remember thinking two weeks back when I listed it that it'd be there for a while.

But, man, you guys are making me uncomfortably paranoid about what happened. I'd really hate to think that Benoit did anything close to what some are speculating.

I was very fortunate to be able to see the RR01 Ladder match live. It was just as awesome live as it is on tape.

I guess I'm mentioning it because it was my one single opportunity I got to see him in action live that stands out in my memory.

WE HAVE TICKER COVERAGE OF CHRIS BENOITS DEATH ON CNN.

Truly this is a major breakthrough.

Wait til you see what these news organizations eventually use his death to try and accomplish.

UPDATE ON CHRIS BENOIT

by Dave Meltzer

There is very little conclusive regarding the death of Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel.

The three were found dead by the sheriff's department in Peachtree City, GA, after a WWE official had called because they had been unable to reach Chris after numerous attempts.

Lt. Tommy Pope told the Associated Press that it was being investigated as a homicide pending results of a preliminary autopsy report that will come out tomorrow. No gunshot wounds were found.

I turned to Raw and I couldn't figure out why JBL was introducing a match with him and Benoit. I thought maybe the wrestlers got a night off or some shit so they were just showing old matches. I didn't think any thing of it. I then saw Chavo talking about Benoit and I was like WTF? So I went straight to WON.com and there it was.

Fuckin terrlble news. RIP Benoit.

And I really wonder what happened here. I mean, we won't know for a few more days but I REALLY HOPE that Benoit didn't kill them or anything like that. That would just be horrible.

I'm not huge into wrestling, but I saw this headline and got sad; I was always a Benoit fan like most people. Truly a tragedy. Anyway, here's a section from the abcnews.com piece:

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check."

When sheriffs arrived at the Benoit home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and his son dead.

There was no sign of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. But they are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Although Pope noted he was not "confirming" any of these causes, just not ruling them out at this time.

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be as long as weeks before there is a result.

I don't want to sit here and speculate on what might have happened. I just wanted to come in and express my condolences for both families and all the fans who have fond memories of the man's work.

What's worse, and we all know we've thought it, is we'd feel better if it comes out that Nancy kille them, and not Chris- sad but true.

Of course I just read on ABC news that there's no signs of gunshot OR stab wounds- could still be a poisoning- or even no homicide and the mentioned carbon monoxide could be the culprit.

If we knew how their bodies were found, we'd have a clearer picture.

Guest NitroJMS

Chris and Nancy will both be missed.

I'll never forget losing my voice while cheering for him live at WrestleMania XX and clapping til my hands were sore after his win. Definitely my all time favorite wrestling moment and all the more special since I got to see it live and in person.

I hope everyone keeps the Benoit family and their friends and loved ones in their thoughts in this terrible time.

I say the wife went nuts, and probably cause Chris to come home because his son was sick.

Unless she had a gun, which wasn't used apparently, how would she have overpowered him? He was a pretty strong man.

I say the wife went nuts, and probably cause Chris to come home because his son was sick.

Unless she had a gun, which wasn't used apparently, how would she have overpowered him? He was a pretty strong man.

Nancy could probably hold her own but even in that case, you can't explain the other two.

I'm not huge into wrestling, but I saw this headline and got sad; I was always a Benoit fan like most people. Truly a tragedy. Anyway, here's a section from the abcnews.com piece:

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check."

When sheriffs arrived at the Benoit home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and his son dead.

There was no sign of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. But they are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Although Pope noted he was not "confirming" any of these causes, just not ruling them out at this time.

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be as long as weeks before there is a result.

I don't want to sit here and speculate on what might have happened. I just wanted to come in and express my condolences for both families and all the fans who have fond memories of the man's work.

I never saw any of that stuff posted in the abcnews.com article.

I'm still in shock and I know as soon as I start watching the tribute I'm gonna be a mess. There are no words that I have for this sensless unexpected tragedy.

I've been home for nearly half an hour, and I still can't believe it. I turned Raw on during a commercial break and then see an empty arena wondering what they're doing with McMahon this time. God I wish it was some McMahon stuff...

He was always one of the wrestlers I would've loved meet and talk to, even for just a minute. Easily my favorite wrestler of the last 10 years or so. He'll be missed.

RIP Chris Benoit

I can say I saw the best Velocity match ever between Chris Benoit & William Regal. It was a wonderful 15 minute match on a taping in Worcester, Mass. My friend and I bought floor tickets and was shocked to see Benoit & Regal wrestling on Velocity but it was one awesome match. I even watched & taped that Velocity match and plan to watch it sometime tomorrow

Chris Benoit, You will be missed by many.

Like all others, I'm totally in shock. Totally unreal. Let's forget about the timing of this event and the McMahon angle shit, this is a husband and a father, alongside his wife and son....an entire family gone. I won't speculate about the cause of death, but I truly hope this isn't a murder/suicide thing.

R.I.P Chris and Nancy, thank you for the memories and God bless. Gone way too soon.

Wow. And to think many of us were thinking a Punk-Benoit match would be blown off too soon. I guess, unfortunately, it wasn't soon enough. RIP Benoit.

Not to be insensitive, but I call total BS about the whole " I gotta go home b/c my wife and kid are spitting up blood" story. Really, it this were even close to being true, wouldn't they have gone to the hospital? Any decent mother would take her child to the hospital if their 7 yr old son was coughing up blood. Unfortunately, there has to be something much more sinister at hand. If it were due to carbon monoxide poisoning, it would be quite easy to pretty much diagnose, as your skin turns almost cherry red b/c of the oxygen being displaced from hemoglobin with CO(i've seen this before when i worked my ER rotation in med school).