TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Guest cobainwasmurdered
anytime a wrestler dies, especially someone as popular as Benoit there should be a three day ban on threads about it so people can gain perspective.

that is just lame

acting like drama queens and speculating wildly with almost no information is lame.

This is the latest from Foxnews.com

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found slain Monday at their Fayetteville home, authorities said.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.

The lead investigator, Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope, told The Associated Press that the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and said the cause of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday.

Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths at the house in a subdivision near White Water Country Club.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and son, who was named Daniel, were found dead, but also had no other details.

Benoit, a native of Canada, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on its Web site.

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

The federal-style house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and double-iron gate.

Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, and two uniformed officers.

Damn this does not look good.

Here is something a bit more solid that backs up what I posted before:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found slain Monday at their Fayetteville home, authorities said.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.

Hm.

Benoit took time off before to "rest and work out personal issues" not too long ago and since going back to work apparently someone suggested something was eating at him. Nancy did cheat on Kevin Sullivan before.

This really does seem to be pointing towards OJ territory. If his son was indeed found in bed and if no weapons were found, it's probably strangulation or smothering.

Things got infinitely more depressing suddenly.

Yeah, this isn't exactly the way I wanted the McMahon death angle to end.

The fact that this isn't a normal death worries the hell out of me, more than most.

Wow. I just got home and flipped on Raw to see what kind of goofyness the Vince tribute show was going to be and the Benoit vs. HHH. vs. HBK match from WM 20 was on. I was pretty confused as to what this had to do with anything, one of the thoughts I came up with was maybe Benoit died but I kinda dismissed it. But then I got really curious and went online and sure enough. What a terrible thing to happen at an even more unfortunate time.

Same here...i just got home and flipped on Raw and I see the WM 20 match with a "remembering Chris Benoit" caption on the side. I couldn't believe it, so I came here right away and saw this crazy shit. This is crazy

Woman and the kid should've known something was up when he did the throat-slashing sign

Shit, that actually made me chuckle in an extremely morbid way. Fuck.

I'm still not speculating and I am waiting for the actual word from the police and not some unnamed source within the department and shit like that.

Woman and the kid should've known something was up when he did the throat-slashing sign

Thanks for adding nothing to anything.

Here is something a bit more solid that backs up what I posted before:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

God I hope they're mistaken.

He was trying to ease your workload, turbo. How come Czech got suspended? Benoit's a murderer. You guys should deal with it. No amount of flying headbutts in slow motion will change that.

Just read on another board that one of the Atlanta TV stations is reporting that there's evidence that Nancy and Daniel had been dead for days longer than Benoit.

I fear what's going to come out of this.

He was trying to ease your workload, turbo. How come Czech got suspended? Benoit's a murderer. You guys should deal with it. No amount of flying headbutts in slow motion will change that.

Just because he's suspected of being a murderer doesn't justify people cracking jokes over the death of an entire family including a little boy.

Just because he's suspected of being a murderer doesn't justify people cracking jokes over the death of an entire family including a little boy.

I wouldn't bother, it's pretty clear he's doing it to get a rise out of everyone. The mods will probably do something. I fear he may be right though.

I agree.

Downhome killed Benoit to ruin Sherri Martell's funeral?

BENOIT HEEL TURN!

This is what I am talking about.

You have no shame, nor heart.

anytime a wrestler dies, especially someone as popular as Benoit there should be a three day ban on threads about it so people can gain perspective.

I'm a huge benoit fan and was upset but people are getting way too carried away with both the speculation and the "He was my hero" bs.

Who are you to tell people how to grieve and what to say?

RIP Benoit.

Chris Benoit's hometown suburban Atlanta newspaper saying Benoit killed his wife

http://www.thecitizen.com/node/18058

Authorities believe wrestler Benoit killed wife, son then himself

Authorities believe a professional wrestler, his wife and son ‑ found dead in their central Fayette County home Monday afternoon ‑ died in a murder-suicide.

District Attorney Scott Ballard said Monday night that he felt confident that Chris Benoit killed his wife Nancy, their 7-year-old son and then himself.

Ballard declined to release the cause of death, but said that earlier news reports that the Benoits died of gunshots were false. The crime lab is in the process of confirming the cause of death, but Ballard said there was enough evidence on scene to make him confident that the Benoits were not killed by another person.

Ballard said sheriff's deputies were called to the Benoit home around 2:30 p.m. after another wrestler called the sheriff's department asking them to check on the family because Benoit had failed to show up for an event in another state. When deputies got to the Benoit home off Quarters Road, they smelled the odor of decaying bodies, Ballard said.

The family's bodies were found inside the home, Ballard confirmed.

"Every indication is that this is a murder-suicide," Ballard said, adding that additional investigation still has to take place before a final determination can be made.

Ballard said when he heard that a young child was killed, it "just tore my guts out."

Benoit made his WWE debut in January 2000, following a stint in ECW and WCW and he was at one time world heavyweight champion, world tag team champion and intercontinental champion.

got this from another site...not sure about it, that's a lot of information out so quickly...

Oh shit that ain't good. If that is true it is going to be hard looking back on all the matches that I use to love with this information coming to light.