TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Alot of people are suprised to know this, but there is more than the WWE Headquarters in Stamford.

Sounds to me like the US government is looking for a chance to load the gun and come at Vince again.

Also, man, is Kevin Sullivan like Tony Soprano or something? Everyone he ever had a problem with or who fucked him over is now dead. And why hasn't anyone at all talked with Kevin yet? Where the heck IS Kevin anyway?

Alot of people are suprised to know this, but there is more than the WWE Headquarters in Stamford.

Really though...That's a little too Coincidental

Who else not connected with the WWE in Stamford would've known that?

I don't think there's really anything with the wiki stuff. If you go back into this thread someone showed whoever wrote this was trolling around wiki posting some rediculous stuff. Plus a contrbutor might have mistaken the "family emergancy" reports to believe that Nancy was dead. The Stamford IP adress is just coincidence.

I thought it was revealed that the IP Address from where the Wikipedia comment came from also left other retarded comments including the one about Chavo being a rapist without a penis or something.

Seems like a red herring to me. Why would anybody in WWE try to hide Nancy's death for so many hours?

And why hasn't anyone at all talked with Kevin yet? Where the heck IS Kevin anyway?

They have talked to Kevin, someone interviewed him and it was posted here somewhere. He didn't really say much though.

And why hasn't anyone at all talked with Kevin yet? Where the heck IS Kevin anyway?

They have talked to Kevin, someone interviewed him and it was posted here somewhere. He didn't really say much though.

Ah, thanks. Must have been one of the pages when I was asleep. I'll search elsewhere for it cause this thread is a mess looking for something.

Here it is:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/27/us/27wre...amp;oref=slogin

“I’m in the dark,” said Kevin Sullivan, a former professional wrestler who was previously married to Nancy Benoit. “I wrestled with him a lot. I thought he was a great performer.”

Mr. Sullivan added, “Last night when I found out, it was shocking, just shocking.”

Honestly..

I wonder how Chris felt about the Eugene gimmick?

And what about Eugene...I imagine he needs to be repackaged and that match on SmackDown! be edited out

barring recent facts......

And what about Eugene...I imagine he needs to be repackaged and that match on SmackDown! be edited out

barring recent facts......

I doubt anyone at WWE will even make that connection until after this week's Smackdown airing.

Its the same guy that knows Chavo is a rapist apparently.

Seriously, its like 130,000 people in Stamford. This asshole probably just added the Nancy is dead part to be an asshole and ended up being right.

Seriously, its like 130,000 people in Stamford. This asshole probably just added the Nancy is dead part to be an asshole and ended up being right.

It looks as though that IP address took out the reference of Chavo being a rapist...

O RLY? Well thank you, but clearly it was someone involved with WWE. I should've clarified my statement.

It looks as though that IP address took out the reference of Chavo being a rapist...

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=140442953

Addedin Nancy dying

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=138444926

Took out Chavo being a rapist.

Although they also posted an entry about people wanting to fuck Kiebler, and replaced a word with the word piss, so who knows?

Maybe a shared IP for their cyber cafe or something as the entries were very spaced out.

Conspiracy theory time...

Perhaps all WWE staff are given connections at home with a proxy at headquarters...must be Benoit who did it!

<_<

Well, after nearly 3 straight days of checking almost every pro wrestling news website, this board/topic, and watching the 24 hour cable news, I am, as some of you have said in the past, "Benoit-ed" out.

I can't explain it, but last night, as I checked this thread before I went to bed, I just wasn't as interested. Perhaps it's the shock wearing off, I don't know. I'm going to post some quick thoughts, and unless something else substantial comes out of this (toxicology reports, etc.) I'm taking a sabbatical from this thread, and this story.

This is easily the biggest and most shocking news in the history of professional wrestling. I never thought something would beat Owen Hart falling to his death on live pay per view, but I was wrong. The fact that it was one of the most respected guys on the roster, one of the few that you would associate with any type of evil deed, makes it that much more appaling.

I'm angry with the news media pushing the "roid rage" excuse. Chris Benoit had many, many issues in his life that could have led to this. It always bothers me when people try to blame something else other than the person responsible. When Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris shot up Columbine High School, it was because they listened to Marilyn Manson (which they really didn't). When Cho Seung-Hui killed 32 people at Virginia Tech, they tried to blame the movie "Oldboy". And when Chris Benoit killed his entire family, it was because he took some steroids (which Vince McMahon did nothing to stop) and became enraged enough to murder two people.

They always blame something else but the person. The fact of the matter is, Chris Benoit killed his wife and son. Whether or not he had steroids, meth, alcohol, crack, weed, Raisin Bran, or anything else in his system is not enough to justify the fact that this man made the decision to do this.

I'm sure when the toxicology reports come back, it will show he had some sort of steroids in his system. Whether it's a miniscule amount or a large amount, and whether or not he had any other narcotic in his body, the media will latch on even more to the "roid rage" idea as a reason. I side with the WWE. Chris Benoit took almost 2 days to kill his family and himself. He deliberately killed his wife, then his son, and then himself. He didn't snap, and in a rage, kill them, and hang himself in a 2 hour span. He tied his wife up. He put bibles next to the bodies. He (we think) drank a bottle of wine before hanging himself in a most unusual way. He took the time to call his employer and lie to them about his family having food poisoning to excuse himself and buy himself time. He took the time to lock his dogs in a secure location. He sent text messages several times over to several different people so they could find him.

In other words, he knew exactly what he was doing, and he did it.

I feared many pages ago in this thread that this would turn into Vince McMahon and the WWE vs. The Media, and that's exactly what is happening. FOX News (among others) started the steroid arguement as soon as it began to become apparent that Benoit was responsible. And as soon as that D.A said that steroids were found in the home, you could almost hear every single news outlet scramble to dig up every possible avenue that led back to Vince McMahon letting his wrestlers take steroids. They latched onto it, and they haven't let go. They won't, either, unless some pretty white girl goes missing again, and then they won't care. I know some are upset with Vince and the WWE distancing themselves from Benoit and not taking the blame, but they are a company, and have to make those kinds of decisions.

Chris Benoit has no place in the WWE, it's history, or anything in pro wrestling in the future. Will I be able to watch his matches? Sure. Will I be able to enjoy them? No, probably not.

I believe some sort of reform is needed in professional wrestling, especially the WWE. Vince McMahon is obsessed with his performers looking like supermen, and I'm sure wants that to happen, no matter what the cost. The fact that you CAN have steroids, as long as they are prescribed by a doctor is the George Zahorian saga all over again. You'd think that after being indicted 14 years ago, Vince would do anything to avoid even a single steroid in his company. But I guess not.

The "wellness policy" is flawed. They'll never admit it, but certain people are exempt. I doubt we'll ever see HHH or John Cena "test positive" for anything and "violate" the policy. I don't think the Undertaker will ever be asked to piss in a cup. Randy Orton should have been fired months ago. The company has it's favorites.

The bar has been raised in the last 10 years. Ladder Matches happen several times a year. There are THREE different kinds of cage matches. High Risk maneuvers are a common thing. Going to the top rope is an every match occurance. And thus, we see more and more injuries, and more and more top performers going out time and time again. They work 300 days a year. There are 12 Pay Per Views, 3 weekly "live" television shows and countless house shows and overseas tours. Wrestlers constantly work through injuries, sometimes making it worse. We hear stories that people ask for time off, and are denied. Chris Benoit (if he had been telling the truth) was expected to leave his sick family in the hospital so he could wrestle the next night. Would it hurt them to cut back a little?

I know, I know. It's the "nature of the business". If they don't want the lifestyle, they shouldn't be in it, blah blah blah. But the business has changed, and now more than ever you are expected to look a certain way, and perform a certain way. What does this have to do with Chris Benoit killing his family? Well, I don't really know, because there is no excuse for that. But I wonder if he would have had more time to spend with that family, perhaps things would be a little different.

I'm sure I've contridicted myself over and over in this post. Oh well. It's how I feel, as a wrestling fan, and as a person. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to living my life. Sooner or later we all have to.

FORMER WWF STAR JOANIE LAURER DISCUSSES THE CHRIS BENOIT TRAGEDY ON JIM ROME SHOW

by Brian Washington @ 2:55:00 PM on 6/28/2007

Former WWE superstar Joanie "Chyna" Laurer was a guest on Jim Rome's nationally syndicated radio show on Thursday. Of course, this was pretty much because of the Chris Benoit tragedy that occurred over the weekend.

First, Rome asked her what she thought caused Benoit to do what he did. She said that it was a combination of steroids, depression and mental strife. She also was asked if she thought that it might have been roid rage that caused him to do what he did. She pretty much said that it might have been a contributing factor, but that when she heard that it was done with deliberation and not out of rage that she had second thoughts about it.

Rome later asked her opinion of WWE's response to the tragedy. Laurer said she was pretty much disgusted by it. She also went on to say that even though Vince McMahon is pretty much hands on with the company; however, when a tragedy happens he tends to wash his hands of it. She also was asked if she felt that WWE should share some of the responsibility. She said that they were and that she has no respect for the McMahons.

When asked about how widespread drug abuse was, she pretty much said that steroids usage is pretty much widespread. However, she said that she never personally took them but that she did take hormones.

The conversation then turned to Owen Hart. She said that Hart was apprehensive about doing the stunt that eventually claimed his life but that he went ahead and did it anyway. She went on to say that after that the rest of the evening seemed surreal and that she really doesn't remember it. She also said that it has taken her years to finally acknowledge what happened that night.

She later took calls from the listeners. One caller asked about roid rage. Another caller asked about Eddie Guerrero and she said she was very sad about that. Another caller asked if it was true that Vince had something to do with Owen Hart's harness failing that night because he wanted to get back at Owen. However, one caller brought up several good points especially the fact that it is horrible that a lot of wrestlers are dying young and that something should be done to make sure that nothing like this keeps happening.

After Laurer left the studio, Rome acknowledged that she seemed a little disturbed and that she pretty much contradicted herself throughout the interview.

i am much angrier with the WWE for their years of lackadaisical response to steroids, including the flawed 'wellness plan' (which was a decent start, but about 5 to 10 years too late), than I am with the media for pushing the steroids.

there are serious problems with the WWE (industry in general?) which would never even get a token fix unless the media harps on it, so i hope they keep pushing 1) steroids, and 2) more importantly, the staggering number of 45 and under deaths in the wrestling industry.

Clearly there is something about the industry and lifestyle that leads to so much early death. It's practically an epidemic.

This is not even debateable unless you're in denial or desperate to protect the industry you "love".

Its funny though, because you think a certain way when you're addicted to watching the shows, I know I was, including siding with WWE against the media. But once you break the 'addiction', things start getting clear, and you slowly start to see things with an objective eye. The industry has SERIOUS problems. Something, whether it's an aggressive steroid crackdown, or a change in the schedules or the way the wrestlers work, needs to be done, and we all know Vince McMahon isn't going to do shit unless he has to, so I'm cheering the media on.

Keep the heat on.

Sigh. All the guys saying "well, steriods obviously had something to do with it" or even "probably had something to do with it" are really starting to work my fucking nerves.

Getting clocked in the head for 22 years would be the most REASONABLE cause for any demensia, depression, or mood swings. As Chris Nowinski said, Chris was one of those sick fucks that took chair shots to the back of the head which is just plain insane. In 22 years of headbutting, bump taking, chairshoting, I don't think it would be an exaggeration to assume that chris probably suffered 20+ concussions, some treated and some not. Then you have dumbasses like Luger and Chyna who talk like they are some type of fucking experts.

Sigh. All the guys saying "well, steriods obviously had something to do with it" or even "probably had something to do with it" are really starting to work my fucking nerves.

But as has been posted more eloquently than I can manage above, it really doesn't matter if steroids have anything to do with it at all. The fact is, the media think it does and that is one of main things keeping this in the media spotlight.

The fact is too many wrestlers are dying young, for whatever reason.

If media inaccuracy and a misguided witch-hunt is what it takes for something to actually be done about this, for all angles of the industry to be scrutinised, then I'm all for it.

I can put up with months of steroid talk by the media if it saves one life of a wrestler down the line, in however many years time. Then, in one way at least, something good can come out of this tragedy.

Possible side effects of steroids (along with withdrawal symptoms) include depression and paranoia. Anyone who denies steroids could have played a part in this needs to do some research, both on the effects of steroids, and the story itself.

I don't really think WWE needs to remove Benoit from the record books or edit him out of every TV show and PPV from 2000-07. They certainly are right to remove his merchandise and once his DVD goes out of print obviously won't reissue it, but it's absurd to try and erase him from history. The confusing part is how to treat shows like WM XX when they put out a box set or something. Is it just a show they will skip over?

As far as the steroid part, I don't know what to think. The media is right to go after WWE in regards to steroids and their dubious testing process, but it likely doesn't apply to Benoit killing his family (well maybe as one of a dozen factors).

People just need to get over the fact that roid rage isn't the only psychological side effect that steroids can have. It's gross ignorance more than anything. That includes the media too.