TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO ECW on Sci Fi thread - 06/26/07

Well, WWE.com has a preview up, and I figured I'd go ahead and start this thread in order to have something on here to talk about other than Benoit for now. Here is the preview:

The Land of the Extreme was shocked and surprised when late substitute Johnny Nitro defeated CM Punk for the vacant ECW World Title at Vengeance: Night of Champions. Will Nitro - a recent ECW draftee - make his first appearance as champion on ECW on Sci Fi? And who will challenge Nitro first? Will Punk challenge Nitro to a rematch? Tune in to ECW on Sci Fi and find out.

Last week, the New Breed’s Elijah Burke and Marcus Cor Von showed that they yearn for the ECW gold. Will they also show Nitro that they are serious about winning the ECW World Title? And could this cause dissension among the New Breed teammates?

ECW has been full of debuts lately. One new ECW Superstar who seems to be already making an impact – and causing a potential rift among some smitten members of Extreme Exposé – is The Miz. Will he make his debut in the Land of Extreme? And will the ladies of Extreme Exposé patch up their alleged differences?

Meanwhile, no one seems to be having sweet dreams about Boogeyman. The man from The Bottomless Pit has been causing ECW Superstars to toss and turn in their sleep. Who will he come to get next?

You will see all this and more on ECW on Sci Fi every Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

I wouldn't put much weight into this description as it could have been written before all this happened.

Notice at the end how it says "every Tuesday" like it's a general description for the show.

So ECW's faces are CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer, Balls, Nunzio? Maybe Miz?

I'm guessing they'll turn Cor Von or draft someone over.

I don't see how Punk could even wrestle tonight. The stuff going through his mind would probably either make him unable to wrestle or just too dangerous to wrestle. Either way, Punk is a guy they definitely should give the night off.

By the same token, though, Punk seems like the sort of person who'd want to wrestle just to be able to do something. Same with someone like Chavo and others close to Benoit.

I wouldn't put much weight into this description as it could have been written before all this happened.

Notice at the end how it says "every Tuesday" like it's a general description for the show.

see also the promo before raw last night obviously they cant scrap all these things in time or whatever

After all of this news today, I could see wrestling fans at the shows actually chanting against Benoit, in a huge way, along with signs as well.

in the wake of everything, tonight's show should be a refresher, because the first time in a long time,

WE'RE GETTIN 60 MINUTES OF MOTHERFUCKING WRESTLING. I don't even care who it is.

possibly the only thing that will derail me from this shit I've been listening to and reading all throughout work today.

They ought to just quietly job the belt off Nitro soon. Cause if he holds it any length of time he'll always be seen as "the guy who got a title because of the Benoit tragedy."

I have a morbid curiosity about this show tonight. Mostly the crowd and the presentation, not so much the matches. Can you imagine the Expose chicks blathering on about The Miz and all that crap after what happened this weekend?

They ought to just quietly job the belt off Nitro soon. Cause if he holds it any length of time he'll always be seen as "the guy who got a title because of the Benoit tragedy."

I have a morbid curiosity about this show tonight. Mostly the crowd and the presentation, not so much the matches. Can you imagine the Expose chicks blathering on about The Miz and all that crap after what happened this weekend?

Its been said that its all matches. No angles or skits.

McMahon to Apologize for Benoit Tribute

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will apologize for the three-hour USA Network tribute to pro wrestler Chris Benoit that aired Monday night, sources said.

The WWE and USA Network have received complaints about the tribute, which was hastily produced after Mr. Benoit, his wife and their son were found dead in their Georgia home Monday afternoon.

Authorities said Tuesday that Mr. Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his son, then took his own life. But WWE and network officials were unaware of the circumstances of Mr. Benoit’s death when the tribute was assembled, sources said.

The WWE canceled its regularly scheduled “Monday Night RAW” event on USA Network Monday night and aired the tribute in its place.

Mr. McMahon will address wrestling fans tonight on Sci Fi Channel’s live Extreme Championship Wrestling event. He also plans to address speculation that Mr. Benoit’s actions were the result of steroid use.

The WWE plans to resume its regular wrestling telecasts, which air on USA Network, Sci Fi Channel and the CW.

(Editor: Horowitz)

http://tvweek.com/news/2007/06/mcmahon_to_...e_for_benoi.php

Boy I hope Vince doesnt fuck this up

well..the SmackDown! taping is gonna begin shortly....we should have some indication but Im guessing he's saving the real deal for the live show tonight..

I'm slighty curious how the will handle Nitro's run with the title. Apparently it was suppose to be Nitro-Benoit tonight with Benoit winning the strap so it looks like they might have no choice but for Nitro to run with the strap.

I wonder if on ECW tonight, Vince might say that he's sorry for the Benoit tribute, and tonight he's going to present a video tribute to the one who truly deserved it (Woman, along with clips of the son as well maybe), and since Woman was quite important in ECW at one point, it would make even more sense.

I wonder if on ECW tonight, Vince might say that he's sorry for the Benoit tribute, and tonight he's going to present a video tribute to the one who truly deserved it (Woman, along with clips of the son as well maybe), and since Woman was quite important in ECW at one point, it would make even more sense.

That would be nice to give Nancy something.

After all of this news today, I could see wrestling fans at the shows actually chanting against Benoit, in a huge way, along with signs as well.

Wouldn't they just take any Benoit related signs away?

No fucking chance in hell that we hear "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR" on ECW tonight.

I hope we never hear it again, actually.

Anyone think Heyman might make an appearence? Yeah, I know, far fetched but it could happen.