TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rendclaw

NOAH DVDs

Thanks to the generosity of someone dear to me in Hawaii, I will be getting NOAH DVDs on a semi regular basis.

I watched the first one (First Navigation 2007, January 21st, Budokan) and as far as the wrestling goes, I love it, but DAMN are those announcers fucking annoying!! I would much rather have heard the original commentators and understood maybe one word in thirty than a couple of guys who cannot keep up with the action or know the moves....

I am looking foward to the main event, Morishima/Misawa.

Does anyone have any good suggestions about good NOAH cards?

Misawa is old, broken down, and unmotivated as champion, so you'll want to avoid any cards with him as champ. The 29-Oct-06 undercard looks pretty weak, but the main event is one of my favourite matches ever. (Kenta vs Marufuji for the GHC belt). Other than that, I don't know of any spectacular full cards.

I have that match and its a lot of fun to watch. Also, anything with Marufuji in it is worthy of my time. That and anything with Morishima dropping people on their heads is a good thing.

Check out KENTA/Marafuji from January 2006, or KENTA/Danielson from December 2006. Both are great, great matches.

Also, consider getting the 3/1/03 card, only due to the last Misawa/Kobashi match-up.

The 29-Oct-06 undercard looks pretty weak, but the main event is one of my favourite matches ever. (Kenta vs Marufuji for the GHC belt). Other than that, I don't know of any spectacular full cards.

This is the only NOAH event I own and you're pretty much right. The undercard is entirely forgettable aside from maybe the six-man tag with the Europeans (Ares, Nigel and Doug). Although that may just be my bias talking. The main-event is fantastic though, Marufuji pretty much moonsaulting throat-first onto the guardrail and carrying on gave it a real 'epic' main-event feel I feel.

Seeing as this is NOAH discussion and it doesn't really warrant a thread, what's the latest on Kenta Kobashi? His condition, his future as a wrestler, whatever. Haven't heard anything about him for the longest time.

What do you expect them to do?

*BREAKING NEWS*.....THIS IS A KENTA KOBASHI UPDATE.......

Kenta: I'm at 50% right now, and looking terribly forward to stepping inside the ring once again.

{NEXT DAY}

*BREAKING NEWS*.....THIS IS A KENTA KOBASHI UPDATE.......

Kenta: I'm at 50.5% right now, and I'm patiently awaiting my return to the sport I love!

He said at some NOAH meeting that he won't be returning til this Winter at the earliest. Misawa better not plan on keeping the belt til then, or NOAH may go completely down the plan. What I think would be best would be to defend against Taue, drop to Takayama, then have Takayama defend against Saito and maybe McGuiness til Kobashi can come back and LARIIIIIATOOOOOOO him.

When I say nothing has been said of Kobashi, I mean nothing at all. Not even the smallest hint of how he's doing. When it comes to the Japanese culture, when nothing at all is being said, like with Kobashi, it's usually not good news, because the mentality is to keep any bad news quiet for as long as possible. When Giant Baba and Jumbo Tsuruta were ill, the news was almost nonexistent in both cases because of that very reason, as both men ended up dying. That's not to say that Kobashi is dying, but with how the Japanese culture operates, the fact that absolutely nothing is being said about how Kobashi is doing is definitely cause to wonder if things are in bad shape and they aren't keeping things quiet, as per the norm over there.

Or, maybe, just maybe there really isn't anything new to report. He said he was feeling better, and that he's pretty much overcame it, so, yeah.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Suguira has been fantastic this year, I'd say he's NOAH's MVP this year and I'd like to see him get a shot at Misawa.

I watched the first one (First Navigation 2007, January 21st, Budokan) and as far as the wrestling goes, I love it, but DAMN are those announcers fucking annoying!! I would much rather have heard the original commentators and understood maybe one word in thirty than a couple of guys who cannot keep up with the action or know the moves....

Who are the announcers, and why do they suck?

Who are the announcers, and why do they suck?

One is Wally (?) Yamaguchi, aka Yamaguchi-san from WWF Kaientai fame. Not sure of the other.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

The guys from the FIGHT Network? If so the other guy is Dan "the Mouth" from LAW. They ruin every show they work on. I have to watch NOAH, FMW, and K1 muted sometimes.

I am so terribly behind on NOAH, but their 3/5/06 show from last year was excellent. Four good matches, two of which were very good. Kobashi vs. KENTA, and Marufuji vs. Taue being the standouts.

Guest benoitwasmurdered

I've only been able to keep up thanks to torrents, as I don't have the money to spend on wrestling anymore. Who knew it was so expensive to have a family?