TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I think I'm lost in what I assume is the last level of Subspace and I don't recall any alternate paths I missed as I always back tracked... well, maybe way back at the Halberd I missed something. I didn't advance any further after clearing my last black mist door.

I'm finding now in Subspace that I'm able to kick some ass with Marth's sword and DK's Up Smash attack - it seems to drain boss health bars really fast. I think it's because I loaded him up with arm attack power.

I never used stickers very much in SSE. Probably made the Floodes a lot harder than they should be.

Venk, you realize that there's a very clear map... Just make sure all the dots have lines coming out of them. When you kill all the bosses from the game, it will show you where all the dark clones are, kill them, go fight the boss, badda boom...

Yeah, I saw the map but with no legend didn't know what was what, just thought it was showing doors. I assume I need to make my way to areas with crystals on the map? I found a door in the jungle but right now it's just an empty void with characters in the background.

Yeah, that room with all the characters is the door to the last boss, you have to beat all those people to open it up.

Make your way through, opening every single door, going to every single room, fighting every single clone, until you beat them all.

The purpley crystals represent warp / save points, the yellow crystals represent save points. And, obviously, restock / health points.

The Maze takes like an hour or two to beat...

I figured it's a long stage since my percentage complete is only 81 right now, but I don't know how much finding secrets or doing whatever causes stages to not get a flag raised on them the first time through goes towards getting 100%.

Also want to say

how cool Master Hand looks when he breaks free of Tabuu's chains and has the big wounds on his glove

Wow, this game is all kinds of fun. I admit I wasn't too sure if I was going to buy it or not.. but after hearing lots of good stuff about it I went out and grabbed a copy last night. I only had time to have a few matches, but the matches I had were really fun. Can't wait to play this multi-player with some friends. Hell, I can even see this as a game my girlfriend would play (mostly because of the amount of cute characters like Kirby).

Guest Smues

I've only been able to play at night thus far, would I be correct in assuming that if I play during the day Smashville would be in daytime as well?

Speaking of the subspace game, I have a question. I noticed after beating certain levels that a flag doesn't appear over them like other levels that I have beaten. I'm assuming there's something I have to do there to have a flag get posted but I'm not sure if it's like a secret thing for each level or what. Does anyone know?

I've only been able to play at night thus far, would I be correct in assuming that if I play during the day Smashville would be in daytime as well?

Smashville uses the Wii's internal clock. KK Rider plays at 8pm Saturday.

a crown's better than a flag. That means you got all the trophies in it, I think.

Oh... yeah, almost all my levels have a beam of light that looks like a crown, but I thought it was just for effect. Where is the hidden door in The Forest to find TL (initials saves me a spoiler tag if that's still a spoiler).

Yeah no one else seems to know either. The only methods listed for getting him are "use the hidden door in the Forest to trigger a cutscene" with no information on where it is or "Beat Classic mode with Link" which doesn't work.

This game sounds like a lot of fun. I wasn't planning on buying another wii game until Mario Kart, but this thread is enticing me to bite the bullet and go buy it.......

Yeah no one else seems to know either. The only methods listed for getting him are "use the hidden door in the Forest to trigger a cutscene" with no information on where it is or "Beat Classic mode with Link" which doesn't work.

Worked for me. I think you need to beat Classic Mode with Link after completing the Subspace Emissary.

Worked for me. I think you need to beat Classic Mode with Link after completing the Subspace Emissary.

Ah... yeah, the info I read didn't state that and had a lot of people questioning it. I know beating it on Hard with Link opens another character, but I find just getting them through Subspace is the easiest (and most fun) way of doing it.

Link and Zelda taking pity on trophy Gannon and bringing him back to life, just to have him silently shake his fist in anger behind their backs was awesome

I've played quite a few, Marvin, I dunno what to say.

I think my roommate said he unlocked Toon Link playing the homerun game???

I got the Puff last night too, fairly easy. I got TO Wolf, but he kicked the shit out of me, because I was using the Ice Climbers. The characters you use to beat up floodes aren't necessarily the ones you'd use in a real fight. And I never found my man Ike's trophey, so he's not on my team...

I think everyone who is having lag problems should try putting their Wii in the DMZ. Doesn't necessarily fix everything, but I have noticed a sharp downturn in lag.

I have a 100% win percentage against Thoth, IIRC.

LIES AND SLANDER. Let's play tonight, now that I have my guy (Falcon) unlocked.

I put my Wii in my router's DMZ, and lag improved a lot. Try it if you're still having problems.

I dont have a router. My modem is USB and have it on my old computer. I have a ethernet hub connected to the computer and ICS running on the other computer to share my internet to my Nintendo (via the lan adapter), one of my directv recievers (for Directv on Demand) and my laptop via ethernet cable since I wasn't spending $400 for an EVDO router. Everything works fine so I dont understand why I can get the downloaded stuff from Brawl (user levels and video) yet I cant play a game. I did notice that Nintendo officially does not support EVDO as a source of broadband and yet Ive had no problem downloading anything using it, though Im guessing Im fucked when it comes to playing any game vs anyone else (which makes ZERO sense).