TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I sent the first level I made to some of you. Whaddya think?

Remember, you have to be Smash friends AND Wii friends to share data.

I like it. Floating platform at the bottom was a nice touch.

Hey ATS is posting again! Welcome back.

Never really left, more like lurky. However, things have slowed down in the games biz these days, and I've been hitting my backlog hard. There's still plenty of games I wanna finish still, but the biggest game of 2008 (so far, and possibly period, even with stuff like Gears 2 coming) was something I am not passing up.

How do you get Snake to have codec conversations on Shadow Moses? I also need to snap a photo of Snake breaking someone's neck for fun.

It seems you MUST be in Shadow Moses stage...then..

There might be a trick to doing it consistently, but it seems like mashing d-pad down rapidly in sequence does the trick for me (I'm using GC controller, so that's down-taunt). However, often I just hide in a box, so there's another trick I'm sure. Mashing it at the start of the match, or mashing it while I'm using shield then letting go seems my best bet.

Luigi gets no respect; no respect at all!

How did you guys not know about the stickers?! Weren't we all following Dojo's updates that were brought up here?

Was up to a certain point, then stopped paying attention at anything but the character reveals. :P That or maybe senility set in before the game was freakin' released.

How many people are going to always refer to Pit as Kid Icarus? I place the blame squarely on Captain N for that (well, that and the game's title sounds like a person's name).

Until the Prime games, I'd heard of people referring to Samus as "Metroid", and Kid Icarus is a way more obscure game. So my guess is "until it gets a proper new-gen sequel."

So I unlocked Toon Link...and I love using him, more so than regular Link.

I still get a chuckle every time I hear Luigi start a game. If there is someone less interested in being where they are than Luigi in brawl, I'd love to meet them. His unenthusiastic, depressive "Let's Go" makes me want to play with him over and over.

He seems more floaty with his spinning sword slash and downward sword slash (from the air). I like it.

Down Taunt: Ganondorf draws a sword.

He takes out the sword he stole from the six Sages and takes a look at it.

... Then puts it away.

What are you putting it away for? Use it! People tend to make fun of Ganondorf for this.

Like a dagger in my heart.

He seems more floaty with his spinning sword slash and downward sword slash (from the air). I like it.

He just seems more comfortable play wise then regular Link. I don't know what it is, but yeah, I like Toon Link a lot.

Someone recommended to me that I focus on getting good as a few core characters for online mode so I mainly use Pokemon Trainer, Wario, and Lucario. Still haven't unlocked Toon Link, Sonic and Jigglypuff though.

If anyone wants to give me their Wii ID so they can get some easy wins, go ahead. Or, if everyone already gave theirs in this thread, I'll just post mine later.

For anyone who's unlocked it/her/he/whatever, does Jigglypuff's rest still have the capability to nearly one hit KO? I'd assume so, but you never know.

That became the greatest thing in the world for me. The look on someone's face when you'd get them with rest was always priceless. If you'd do it from an angle they wouldn't expect, like jumping towards them, the other player's jaw would just drop. Immensely amusing.

I want this game :(

From what I know her Rest was taken down a notch. There's not as much initial damage dealt, they don't fly as far, and in fact, they fly straight up rather than off to the side like before. In lieu, it now plants a Flower on their head, which does additional damage for as long as it's on. It can still kill under 100% depending on weight.

I remapped the buttons on my classic controller tonight and we're finding the layout to be a lot better. All I did was turn off the tap jump, change B to jump, Y to special attacks, and X to grab. If you're like me, your instinct is to press B to jump on the SNES/Classic anyways.

I messed with it too, but I changed the X button to grab and Y button to shield. Feels sooo much more natural.

For anyone who's unlocked it/her/he/whatever, does Jigglypuff's rest still have the capability to nearly one hit KO? I'd assume so, but you never know.

That became the greatest thing in the world for me. The look on someone's face when you'd get them with rest was always priceless. If you'd do it from an angle they wouldn't expect, like jumping towards them, the other player's jaw would just drop. Immensely amusing.

I want this game :(

I don't have the Puff, but I fought a friend who did on WiFi.

Rest OHKO'd me, I had about 60-70% at the time, I think.

Someone recommended to me that I focus on getting good as a few core characters for online mode so I mainly use Pokemon Trainer, Wario, and Lucario. Still haven't unlocked Toon Link, Sonic and Jigglypuff though.

If anyone wants to give me their Wii ID so they can get some easy wins, go ahead. Or, if everyone already gave theirs in this thread, I'll just post mine later.

There is a thread called Wii Numbers. Please to be using it.

I got my copy (import) on friday and have been playing it alot. Not unlocked too many people yet but i'm working through it. It's been great to get back into a Smash bros though.

Fix your router.

Im not using a router.

usb evdo modem plugged into old computer running ICS that has a ethernet hub attatched which is what im using to run the whole network here (2nd computer, Nintendo, Directv reciever and my laptop).

Fix your router.

Im not using a router.

usb evdo modem plugged into old computer running ICS that has a ethernet hub attatched which is what im using to run the whole network here (2nd computer, Nintendo, Directv reciever and my laptop).

If ICS can route packets, then you are in fact, running a router. However, I have crap tons of trouble doing With Anyone these days. Could be Nintendo's fault.

ICS = internet connection sharing in Windows

technically maybe you could say my old computer is the router but I have no way to change any settings that are being thrown around to change to improve lag and whatnot because theres no router software, its just a little checkbox under the properties menu of my internet connection to enable ics. I dont even need Sprints software to logon because its treated like a dialup connection which is handled by windows like an old dialup modem. It was a pain in the ass to set up to get to work across all of the computers/stb/nintendo but it was worth it to save the $400 that sprint wants for a EVDO router and it only cost 10 bucks for the hub and maybe 30 for 3 runs of ethernet cable.

Back on topic though, I was impressed with how it did go when I got it to work, though it was a bit hard to grasp the 1 second delay on button presses which caused problems early.

The router in this case is ICS + the hub. It's also true you don't have any way to mess with those settings, either.

My friend has a Wii + SSBB, and I beat everything for him. Unlocked all the characters, most of the stages, completed Subspace, yeah. Took me about 10 hours. My favorite characters are Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, and whoever comes up on random.

Does anyone know where I go and re-find my Smash Bros online code? When I first had it connect to the internet, I was an idiot and didn't think of writing down my code because I wasn't going to play any of my friends. However now that I do want to play some friends, I can't find what my code is under so I can give it to people. Any help?