TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for July 2007

About time for Dupree.

"Neck drop clothesline"? Wtf?

"Surfboard chinlock"? Wtf?

"Super fisherman buster"? Has such a move ever been done by a human being?

"Amahistral cradle"? It's bad when they make two spelling mistakes in the same word.

"Head vise"? Wtf?

"Sit down powerbomb"? It's out, not down.

The Human in Human Torture Rack threw me.

Why does it just randomly declare I lose? I seem to have usable health.

I owned "Small Package" (only guessed S and E)

I think Liger does them. I have seen RVD do them in a match on his WWE comp, but he says in the alt. commentary that he kinda hurt guys doing it so he stopped.

About time for Dupree.

"Neck drop clothesline"? Wtf?

"Surfboard chinlock"? Wtf?

"Amahistral cradle"? It's bad when they make two spelling mistakes in the same word.

"Head vise"? Wtf?

"Sit down powerbomb"? It's out, not down.

I'm wondering if they've been fixing it because I had "La Magistral Cradle" just now.

I assume a Surfboard Chinlock is a Mexican Surfboard with a chinlock hooked in rather than pulling back on the arms (I believe the hold is in the Smackdown games, with the attacker seated and the opponent on his knees with the legs vined in a traditional surfboard manner). I wanna say it was a move (or a variation anyway) during the Regal vs. Benoit match that was on Velocity a few years back.

What was the mascot _ _ A _ ?

I got eliminated at 640ish.

Head.

I only played for about 5 minutes yesterday. Didn't see it mentioned but MISSLE DROPKICK was my only typo. But then again, I only went through a couple.

I gave up on the game when it used "Double Underhook Powerbomb" instead of just using "Tigerbomb".

Though we should totally cheat at it and just make a thread using only the right answers.

Cause it's not... it's a Tiger Driver.

I hate to say this, but that's where your wrong. A Tiger Driver is when you spike a guy's head (Juvi driver, Taka's ( I can't spell his last name) driver), a Tiger Bomb is just like a powerbomb, you put the guy on his back.

No, a Tiger Driver '91 is where you spike a guy on his head.

Wikipedia, for instance, states that "A Sitout Double Underhook Powerbomb is known as a Tiger Driver, or LESS COMMONLY as a Tiger Bomb." But I've never seen a wrestler refer to it as a "Tiger Bomb". Then again, not many guys use that particular powerbomb much anymore.

Depends on who you ask. In Japan, they call what you're describing as a tiger bomb a Tiger Driver, in English and everything. (It comes out sounding like "Tie-gah dri-vah").

EDIT: "Bell clap"?

Say Wrestler A has Wrestler B in a bearhug, Wrestler B manages to get his arms free and (best way I can explain this) takes both arms and hits Wrestler A in the ears with his forearms, and makes his hands clap together behind the head of Wrestler A. It's actually called a Bell Clap.

EDIT: "Liontamer"? Aw, c'mon, the WWE retconning would lead one to believe this move is permanently called Walls Of Jericho.

I agree

EDIT: "Cannonball"? Wtf?

I think, it's a jumping senton. Basically Wrestler A is on the ground and Wrestler B runs and jumps up, forms a little ball in mid-air and hits a senton on Wrestler A. Well thats what a Indy Wrestler I know does.

EDIT: "Gori special". Funny, I thought the correct name for that was "Gory Guerrero Special".

Either/Or

EDIT: "Arm stretch"? Wtf?

Rest hold maybe?

EDIT: "Arm lock". The more I play, the more it seems stolen from Jericho's 1004 Holds.

I'm guess they actually mean "Arm Bar", but it's the WWE.

EDIT: "Arm scissors". 1.where's the "short"? 2.enough with the generic arm holds!

Does the word "short" actually have to be in there, that might offend Hornswoggle

EDIT: "Double choke"? Wtf?

Umm...two handed choke?

Wikipedia, for instance, states that "A Sitout Double Underhook Powerbomb is known as a Tiger Driver, or LESS COMMONLY as a Tiger Bomb." But I've never seen a wrestler refer to it as a "Tiger Bomb". Then again, not many guys use that particular powerbomb much anymore.

Weird. Maybe it's just me, but when I think driver, I think spiking a guy's head, not putting a guy on their back.

Damn, I only read as far as people scoring in the 800 range. I thought I was setting a TSM record!

Out with 1134. Combination of not carrying once I realized I needed to play much longer to beat Jingus' score and not knowing what the hell move _ELL ____ (4 letter word I already forget) was. Not Hell either.

That would be "Bell Clap", good Dr. Ya know, that clapping move you do to the other guy's ears to get out of a bearhug. I'd never heard the term before now either. "Asian spike" is a wrong version of "asiatic spike".

Vowels aren't free....

Yeah they are, as long as they're part of the word. I just meant that it doesn't work on Wheel Of Fortune rules where vowels are treated different from other letters.

Source: Wrestling Observer

There are talks with Stephanie McMahon and RAW writer Brian Gerwitz about changing Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas into a gay tag team gimmick in which they will be kissing during backstage interviews and doing gay antics just like Billy and Chuck.

Weird. Maybe it's just me, but when I think driver, I think spiking a guy's head, not putting a guy on their back.

Tiger Bomb is basically an ECW/Joey Styles invention and nothing more. Maybe Cole/Tazz/Matthews have used it since in reference to Noble when he was using the move, but that's it.

There are talks with Stephanie McMahon and RAW writer Brian Gerwitz about changing Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas into a gay tag team gimmick in which they will be kissing during backstage interviews and doing gay antics just like Billy and Chuck.

So what was wrong with their gimmick from 2003 of just being a really great tag team?

Hmmmm didn't see this in any WON I have. Must be in next weeks issue

Haas as the straight guy teaming with Rico because he wanted to fuck Jackie? Entertaining outside of the vomiting on camera.

Shelton telling Haas he's going to kiss him on the lips if he loses his upcoming match all done to set up Ron Simmons Damn of the week? Forgettable comedy segment.

This? Career ender.

I enjoyed how on another board people were actually talking about how you could present gay characters in a good light.......they forgot what kinda people generally watch wrestling and that a good portion of this country still isn't very accepting of homosexuality and will yell "faggot" even if they were presented as faces.