TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Live Earth this sat

Anyone going to be watching the Live Earth gigs this saturday, looks like a really good line up for all nine concerts.

http://liveearth.msn.com/concerts

Personally Im looking forward to seeing Genesis and Metallica and The Beastie Boys

More detailed line up for the UK and US concerts

AFI

Akon

Alicia Keys

Bon Jovi

Dave Matthews Band

Fall Out Boy

John Mayer

KT Tunstall

Kelly Clarkson

Kanye West

Ludacris

Melissa Etheridge

Roger Waters

Rihanna

Sheryl Crow

Smashing Pumpkins

The Police

The London show at Wembley Stadium will feature these artists:

Beastie Boys

Black Eyed Peas

Bloc Party

Corinne Bailey Rae

Damien Rice

David Gray

Duran Duran

Foo Fighters

Genesis

James Blunt

John Legend

Keane

Madonna

Paolo Nutini

Razorlight

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Snow Patrol

I'll be watching. With my AC cranked up 15 degrees colder than normal, all the lights turned on, and with the washer/dryer/dishwasher running all at once.

Add grilling meat for 24 hours straight to that list

I could have gone to the NJ concert but..I had a hotel booked for the week starting sunday with nowhere to stay near Giants Stadium for tom night and I dont want to be sleeping in my car after sweating to death all day, not to mention the $100 a ticket they want.

Im gonna watch some of it on Universal HD tomorrow. 22 straight hours of HD coverage live starting at 4 am. Plus its on XM right now I guess.

It's streaming live at www.liveearth.msn.com, which is kind of neat. I'll probably watch the Tokyo one for a few minutes until I fall asleep.

Yeah, these 25 minute sappy save the world segments between sets are gonna get annoying *really* fast. It's probably too much to hope for that the TV broadcast will have less of that.

Universal HD is up! YAY its the Genki Rockets up first.I wanna figure out what the hell the talk was about..

and its a Holographic Al Gore talking English to the crowd in Japan about global warming and I swear you could hear a pin drop..

the stage lights/background in Sydney are made of used up tires! Recycling! YAY! The band playing all have "say no to nuclear energy" shirts on..wait..what? Nuclear energy is supposedly good..

Just been announced that the Wembley show will now be opened by Roger Taylor (Queen), Chad Smith (RHCP), Nick Mason (Pink Floyd) and Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), so I would anticipate a fuck-off massive 4 drumkit version of We Will Rock You.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Stick it in an old salt mine. No greenhouse gasses, boyee.

Eh, I'm waiting for Yellow Magic Orchestra in Japan, and watching the Crowded Houses show in Australia.

You know, the temperature here just dropped by 3 degrees. I can feel the earth cooling. This concert is doing wonders. I hope the Chillis play a really dope version of Californication and get rid of this climate crisis once and for all.

I'm glad that the awareness is spreading or whatever but these types of events mostly just remind me of that South Park episode with the hippie rock concert where instead of 'spreading the word' or whatever everybody just sits around smoking pot and playing really terrible music. which is basically what this is. ah well.

Guest •

I thought Live Earth was a metal band that someone here was going to see. I've been out of the loop.

So did you do your part to save the planet, Vanhalen?

No, I got drunk and watched Metallica :), then went out and saw Die Hard 4

The best bit was when they got Chris Rock, a guy who's career basically hinges on the word 'motherfucker' to introduce a band at 5pm and then had to cut away and apologise after about 20 seconds.

No, the best bit was when they decided to have him in the studio half an hour later where he then talked about his niggers and smoking weed.