TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2007 Bored's College Football Pick 'Em Sign Up Thread

I was the University of Kentucky last year but my school, Western Kentucky University, is on Division I-A experimental status this year. Can I be Western Kentucky instead of UK for this season?

If not being UK is fine and I'm happy to rejoin this years contest.

I want to keep you as Kentucky for now simply for scheduling reasons. It may turn out once the sign ups are finalized and I set up the conferences it might be better to have you as WKU but for the time being I'll list as UK.

And yes UZI Suicide can be Arizona and yes Harley your in as Boston College.

I'll take.......Nebraska as my team until we see how things play out since I need to give a secondary option here.

I'll be a college football thread-exclusive poster, but yeah. Did I mention how I'm going to walk all over everyone this year? If I didn't, I'm going to walk all over everyone this year.

The new bowl name for the lowliest of postseason contests will be the Mercedes-Benz Hoity Toity Toilet Bowl.

Good to have you back. One problem...we already have a Toilet Bowl. But I suppose we could have two like how the CFL used to have two teams named the Rough Riders. But maybe Urban Warfare will end up changing the name of his Toilet Bowl.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I'll be a college football thread-exclusive poster, but yeah. Did I mention how I'm going to walk all over everyone this year? If I didn't, I'm going to walk all over everyone this year.

Did you beat me in our head to head game last year?

And with that we now seven new sign ups which means if all remaining holdovers return we'll end up with the max 40 teams. Any new sign ups after today cannot be reserved a spot. There are currently nine holdovers who haven't signed up yet.

I'll just post my new bowl name here, since people have already started doing that...

In honour of the real reason college bowl games are held, the Out Magazine Bowl is being renamed the Covers.com Degenerate Bowl.

I'll put you down as an alternate since I've filled the available slots. Currently seven holdovers still haven't signed up and they have until August 11th. If any drop out or don't show up, your in.

I'm back as LSU.

The "FireJoeMorgan.com Bowl" is now the "Trent Boyette's Texas Chili Bowl".

I haven't been following the board too close, but I'll definitely be back to defend my title as Georgia Tech.

Oh, and Pepsi Blue sucks, so let's just make it the Bored Bowl.

I wanted to get into this last year, but I forgot to sign up. Throw me in as an alternate with the Connecticut Huskies (since Harley took BC)

I sent out PM's to the last few remaining holdovers to see if they will be playing or not this year. The deadline is a week from today and any holdover who hasn't signed up by then will lose their spot.

I should note since there are only three holdovers left and I have two alternates I can only take one more alternate if there are still any new people who are interested in signing up.

I'm back, BUFFALO 4 life!!!

The deadline has past and sign ups are now closed. I never heard back from Spicy McHaggis and he appears to by MIA from the board so he's out as Arizona State and Nate is in as TCU.

Time now to post the preaseason Top 10 and the conference alignments for the new season. First the preseason rankings, which as always mean nothing after Week 1. They are just there to have rankings for the first week. Do the same thing I do every year which is I take last year's results but also include the bowl games but use the new formula to do the rankings.

Preseason Top 10

1. Georgia Tech - iggymcfly

2. Syracuse - CanadianChris

3. South Carolina - Cuban Linx

4. Virginia - Edwin MacPhisto

5. Miami - Spaceman Spiff

6. Minnesota - Vern Gagne

7. Stanford - Bored

8. Oregon - nogoodnick

9. UCLA - phoenixrising

10. Tennesee - Art Sandusky

For the conference alignments had to make one break from tradition here as I had to move the Big Ten teams out of the Big MAC. This year we have six MAC teams and four Big Ten teams so that wouldn't work so the Big East teams now move to the Big MAC and the Big Ten teams move to the Big 8. Last year I had Notre Dame in the Pac-8 due to the number of Pac-10 teams they play in real life but couldn't make that work this time around and they are moved to the Big 8. Again this year we have seven SEC teams so I threw UTEP in there as the 8th team in the Southeastern Seven.

Southeastern Seven

Alabama - AlwaysPissedOff

Auburn - Tzar Lysergic

Florida - Urban Warfare

Kentucky - Danville Wrestling

LSU - teke184

South Carolina - Cuban Linx

Tennessee - Art Sandusky

UTEP - Angel Grace Blue

Pac-8

Arizona - UZI Suicide

Oregon - nogoodnick

San Diego State - the walkin' dude

Stanford - Bored

TCU - Nate

UCLA - phoenixrising

USC - Cartman

Washington - Smues

Big MAC

Ball State - Vampiro69

Buffalo - Carnival

Kent State - JHawk

Miami of Ohio - Hawk 34

Ohio - Will Scarlet

Rutgers - the pinjockey

Syracuse - CanadianChris

Temple - Ortonsault

Western Atlantic

Boise State - Vitamin X

Boston College - HarleyQuinn

Florida State - King

Georgia Tech - iggymcfly

Hawaii - Fokai

Miami - Spaceman Spiff

N.C. State - AboveAverage484

Virginia - Edwin MacPhisto

Big 8

Michigan - MFerXtreme87

Minnesota - Vern Gagne

Nebraska - Mecca

Notre Dame - Lando Griffin

Ohio State - Gert T

Oklahoma - Secret Agent

Penn State - therealworldschampion

Texas - UTBroward

I'll hopefully have the schedule ready in a few days.