TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

The OAO Victory Road 2007 Thread

victoryroad07_02.gif

MATCH OF CHAMPIONS – EVERY TNA CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and X Division Champion Samoa Joe vs. TNA World Tag Team Champions Team 3D

CHALLENGE MATCH

“Wildcat” Chris Harris vs. “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage

10 MAN ULTIMATE X MATCH

Featuring: “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels, Homicide, “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt, Kaz, Shark Boy, the return of “Prime Time” Elix Skipper, Puma and two more TNA X stars to be announced!

TAG TEAM SHOWDOWN

The Icon Sting and “The Monster” Abyss vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & Tomko

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

Eric Young & Gail Kim vs. Robert Roode & Ms. Brooks

OLD SCHOOL VS. NEW SCHOOL

Jerry Lynn & Mr. Backlund vs. Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley

“The War Machine” Rhino vs. “Cowboy” James Storm

Plus, TNAwrestling.com has learned that the Voodoo Kin Mafia are promising a “surprise” for TNA Knockout Christy Hemme this Sunday.

Don’t forget – you can catch a preview of Sunday’s “Victory Road” by tuning into SpikeTV at midnight ET on Saturday night for the “TNA: Road To Victory Road” special immediately following the “iMPACT!” replay!

In addition, catch the “Victory Road” countdown preshow airing on participating cable and satellite providers a half hour before the start of the live Pay-Per-View!

I don't normally start these things, let alone two days ahead of time, but I really wanted to gauge how many people plan on ordering this PPV. I'm really debating it. I've never bought a TNA PPV so far but this line-up (aside from the mix-tag) looks pretty good - so it might be a first.

Thoughts?

Well, we get them free in the UK thanks to Bravo2, but if we didn't I don't think I'd order/watch it. I mean the line up looks good, but there's nothing that really grabs my interest, the main event doesn't really mean anything to me.

Yeah it is, so if Joe wins he can choose his partner, if Angle wins he can choose his. So there won't be any of the clichéd hated enemies as a tag team shit to put up with at least.

I don't like Team3D and I don't like how TNA have put the X-Division title on Joe just to get him into the Main Event - which seems to be TNA's version of WWE's Vengeance in a weak ass way - Oh hey, we can have a Night of Champions too, you know.

As usual they've just thrown an X-Division match into it for the sake of it without any reason or build up.

Old School -v- New School - W T F

Only match I might be interested in seeing is Rhino v James Storm, and Christian Cage v Chris Harris. Just to see if they can hang with the main eventers, and the Rhino/Storm match at least has some storyline to it that's interesting.

The Icon Sting and “The Monster” Abyss vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & Tomko - why is this match taking place? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be Styles & Daniels since they've tagged in the past and two fueds could cross over? Sure, they've kinda dropped the Daniels/Sting fued but who's to say that couldn't be resparked here with Daniels siding with the Order of the New Church?

i gotta give TNA a little credit for not cramming too much into this show only 7 matches, i am curious who the 10th guy after Senshi or Petey get in the match, pretty good show minus Old School/New School and Young/Gail vs Roode/Traci

The Old vs New match might be fun, even if just for the antics of the Motor City Machine Guns.

I'm suprised no ones mentioned that Elix Skipper is apperntly returning? Or is it just for this one match?

Yeah it is, so if Joe wins he can choose his partner, if Angle wins he can choose his. So there won't be any of the clichéd hated enemies as a tag team shit to put up with at least.

That's assuming they don't have Joe/Angle pick the other as their partner just to screw with their head; they have to get along with someone they hate to stay tag team champions.

Not suprised, last I heard they wanted to reform Triple X.

Which version? Daniels and Senshi, Elix and Daniels or Elix and Daniels? Or the whole damn combo pack?

Senshi and Elix have nothing to do and I guess Daniels has nothing to do either. It works for me as I was a huge fan of Triple X.

That's assuming they don't have Joe/Angle pick the other as their partner just to screw with their head; they have to get along with someone they hate to stay tag team champions.

Oh no, with this being TNA - you're right. Joe will win and pick Angle to be his partner to mess with him... ah crap

Three man combo as I understand it. It's sort of sad that they've really not done all that much with any of them since the split.

Oh no, with this being TNA - you're right. Joe will win and pick Angle to be his partner to mess with him... ah crap

The first thing I thought when I heard this match and the combatants, was that Angle would get the pin, and pick Joe as his partner for protection and to possibly keep him away from the World Title.

Guest LuckyLopez

I don't think they've used him since the random teaming with Rhino at Slammiversary. But he won a Ultimate X qualifier over Jerry Lynn and Petey Williams on TNA's "Road to Victory Road" special so he's in there as 1 of the final 2 guys.

Three man combo as I understand it. It's sort of sad that they've really not done all that much with any of them since the split.

In fairness they've done quite a bit with Daniels. He got an extended X title run that had great matches and led to the killer Daniels/Joe/AJ feud that helped carry TNA for quite awhile. And then he and AJ had a hell of a run against LAX for the tag titles. They've been completely unable or unwilling to push him as a solo upper midcarder/main eventer, but they did use him quite well in the tag and X divisions. But there's nothing of note that Senshi and Skipper have done, which is especially notable considering Senshi had an X title run in there.

Well, in the past, they've had Joe coming out to make sure Angle stays healthy, on more than one occasion.

Wasn't that back during their series of matches? If I remember correctly Angle promised Joe a rematch only if he'd protect him. And then they had their eggs in the same basket for Lethal Lockdown. But for quite awhile they've had nothing but hate for each other and have actively sought to hurt one another.

I'm pretty excited for the main event. Haven't seen that stipulation used since IYH 3.

Re: The Triple X reunion:

Am I the only one who remembers AMW beating Daniels and Skipper in the Losers Can Never Team Again Cage Match in 2004?

Considering the feud went nearly two years, I hope someone in charge remembers that.

We will be having an online stream in the chatroom tonight as well

yea i would like to know if we got a link tonight in chat, and with sound :P i wanna see the Ultimate X match

GCWPatrick i wouldnt count on Sydal or Delirious since they are in Japan for the ROH Japan shows tommorow and Tuesday

Ah, that's right...it was a nice thought though.

i wouldnt mind either guy in TNA personally