TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RepoMan

OaO 7/16 Raw Thread

Visit My Website

It’s going to get even hotter in Corpus Christi, Texas, when Raw invades the American Bank Arena Monday night.

On the last Raw before The Great American Bash, WWE Champion John Cena and No. 1 contender Bobby Lashley will be back under the same roof. While away from Raw last week, Cena appeared via satellite and promised to address Lashley in Corpus Christi. How will Cena react to being nearly broken in half on Raw two weeks ago by Lashley’s spear? What will The Champ have to say to his challenger as they head into their epic encounter at The Bash?

In another prelude to The Bash, Randy Orton will face a Rhodes - but it will be Cody Rhodes, the son of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes. Last week, Dusty's youngest son angered the Legend Killer when he defended his father and slapped Orton across the face. Now, in his first match on Raw, Cody Rhodes will defend his father's honor. Will Orton have something up his sleeve and try to send a message one week before his Texas Bull Rope Match against the Dream at The Great American Bash?

Another champion who will defend at The Bash is Women’s Champion Candice Michelle. The Candy-Coated Diva has been on an amazing roll of late, which includes winning the title from Melina at Vengeance: Night of Champions. Will either Diva gain any advantage just days before they face off over the championship? Can Candice continue to prove herself to be the golden Diva of WWE, or will Melina’s desire propel her to the top once more?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

I have only been reading reports and not watching recently, but didn't Dusty accept Orton's challenge so Orton didn't fight Cody? And now Cody is fighting before Dusty anyway?

It could be a ol Dusty bait and switch and Orton actually wrestles...Golddust!

Having Cody vs. Orton this soon is unbelievably dumb. The whole point of this angle is Dusty at first protecting his son, but Orton is younger and inevitably will beat the piss out of old Dust at the PPV (possibly another concussion?). Then Cody decides to man up and swears revenge on Orton for what he did to his dad. Unless this just ends up being a DQ tonight they are blowing a potentially interesting angle.

I have only been reading reports and not watching recently, but didn't Dusty accept Orton's challenge so Orton didn't fight Cody? And now Cody is fighting before Dusty anyway?

That might be hard to do since he apparently just signed with TNA again. WHY I don't know, but apparently he did.

And I may have missed this but why is Candice Michelle being called the Candy-Coated Diva?

That might be hard to do since he apparently just signed with TNA again. WHY I don't know, but apparently he did.

And I may have missed this but why is Candice Michelle being called the Candy-Coated Diva?

Amazing Bah Gawd Fruity Fruity TechniSkittle Dreamcoat??

Having Cody vs. Orton this soon is unbelievably dumb. The whole point of this angle is Dusty at first protecting his son, but Orton is younger and inevitably will beat the piss out of old Dust at the PPV (possibly another concussion?). Then Cody decides to man up and swears revenge on Orton for what he did to his dad. Unless this just ends up being a DQ tonight they are blowing a potentially interesting angle.

For that angle to play out properly Cody would have to go over Orton and well that just isn't going to happen....not with how H is pining for Orton to get the strap.

I like WWE's New York Post-esque writing style with their articles. For the Raw Preview they show Cena entering the building and underneath it says 'Champ-ing at the bit?' Har-Dee-Har-Har!!

Tonight on RAW I want to see:

Maria look hot and Marella goad her into doing something slutty out of pity again.

Sandman cane someone and pour beer on teenagers.

Orton drill someone with an RKO.

Lashley get more heat than Cena and do some sick suplexes on great bumpers like Kennedy.

LonDrick get a win over Shelton and Haas again.

A Barnyard Mafia Vs. LonDrick feud NOT thrown together for a PPV match in 6 days.

Cody Rhodes bleed.

Jillian Hall sing and show the chest off.

Kennedy drill Crazy or Hardy with a Lambeau Leap.

Holy shit, HHH.

Too late. That was sweet.

It'll be nice to see Booker get made to look like ass again........I wonder if he remembers Mania.

Holy shit, HHH.

Too late. That was sweet.

I just thought I'd inform you.....I'm not sure if that AV is just awesome or creepy.....probably both.

Sid should come out as Booker T's bodyguard, to continue the Sid/Lawler feud from Memphis Wrestling.

Can Sid actually move normally now?