TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Great American Bash Thread

Wait, Orton won his match by pinfall? I thought you could only win a Texas Bullrope Match by touching the corners? Or is that only for title matches?

Texas bullrope matches have always been pinfall/submission.

Wait, Orton won his match by pinfall? I thought you could only win a Texas Bullrope Match by touching the corners? Or is that only for title matches?

Texas bullrope matches have always been pinfall/submission.

Not always...the JBL/Eddit match at the GAB a few years back was a four corners, Texas Bullrope match

Chat really does lessen the show threads. Oh well.

It's too bad they didn't have someone, maybe Jerry Lawler, explicitly explain the rules of the Bullrope match on Raw before the Bash. Maybe WWE.com should have posted something about pinfalls counting too, just so no one was confused.

MVP/Hardy was good. I also liked the clean finish, but the Playmaker was messed up.

Umaga/Jeff was better than I expected.

It's too bad they didn't have someone, maybe Jerry Lawler, explicitly explain the rules of the Bullrope match on Raw before the Bash. Maybe WWE.com should have posted something about pinfalls counting too, just so no one was confused.

wwe.com had something about the pinfall rule but it wasn't a big headline or anything like that.

"If FU stands for Fuck Up then you are correct"

The Super FU Cena performed was executed flawlessly. Watch it again. Lashley was dropped squarely on his back. Cena doesn't do a Falcon Arrow. I thought the way he did this, just throwing Lashley up and having him land hard, was realistic and just SPLATTED Lashley's title hopes.

It's not 1985 anymore!

wwe.com had something about the pinfall rule but it wasn't a big headline or anything like that.

I think he was being sarcastic as Lawler was on Raw to explain the rules. Right before the Randy/Cody match.

Lillian explained the rules of the Texas Bullrope Match before the match. Pinfall or submission, and No DQ.

WWE.com posted that unlike previous Bullrope Matches, the "Touch All Four Corners" rule had been dropped in favor of Pinfall/Submission for the Bash.

I thought it was an awesome show like I expected. the only thing I had a problem with this show, espeically with the last few PPVs, is the the Champs are constantly retainging their titles. really it gets repititive. when you only have what, ONE title change hands. this was espeically bad at last year's so called Night of Champions PPV when only one title changed hands. seriously, we're seeing more titles change hands on free TV than on PPVs when it should be the other way around.

overall, a solid PPV.

I thought it was an awesome show like I expected. the only thing I had a problem with this show, espeically with the last few PPVs, is the the Champs are constantly retainging their titles. really it gets repititive. when you only have what, ONE title change hands. this was espeically bad at last year's so called Night of Champions PPV when only one title changed hands. seriously, we're seeing more titles change hands on free TV than on PPVs when it should be the other way around.

overall, a solid PPV.

This is a perennial problem nowadays...the WWE has so many damn PPVs that the concept has been watered down. Most of the title changes seem to happen on their free shows. The only reason to generally get the PPVs is the spotfests and crossbrand matchups (although these are showing up more on free TV now too). Honestly, the PPVs are a worse deal than they have ever been. Your results are typically "Cena retains 'against all odds' and some other matches occur." Honestly, their PPVs are not appreciably better shows than their TV presentations most of the time now. Not a great business model, I'd think, but hey, they're still making money, even if their PPV buyrates are down (I really don't keep up with this, but I've heard this **ALERT** on the internet **ALERT**, so take it with a grain of salt).

The last ppv buyrate estimate I read was for Backlash and it was in the 180,000 region, which is terrible news. That number used to only show up for little hyped Smackdown-only ppvs.

So, wait. Heels having to pull tights and hold ropes to win is being advocated now!?

And don't hate on Hornswaggle. He's more popular than the rest of the division combined. It could be much worse.